1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else still waiting for UK outlets to get stock of this? I cannot believe it's been released this long and mine hasn't shipped. I'm not worried but I am damn curious.

I am still waiting for mine too...I ordered her from Planet Action Figures. Hoping that the wait won't be for too much longer.

I?m trying to use the 3/4? adapter but the bottom peg won?t properly click when inserting into the shoe

I cut up various sizes of cloth from a T-Shirt, but what I've done so far is wrap the cloth around the bottom peg and insert it into the shoe. The only thing is it won't stay firm as it easily falls off. Not sure how exactly did you all did it. Maybe you used a smaller ankle extension? Or a thicker cloth piece. Anyways, here is a picture of what I'm working with.
IMG_5065.jpg

I cut up various sizes of cloth from a T-Shirt, but what I've done so far is wrap the cloth around the bottom peg and insert it into the shoe. The only thing is it won't stay firm as it easily falls off. Not sure how exactly did you all did it. Maybe you used a smaller ankle extension? Or a thicker cloth piece. Anyways, here is a picture of what I'm working with.
View attachment 493568

I've never tried using the ankle extenders before, but thinking about it, it sounds like the cloth you are using is too thin. You may want to double up or add something else like a small piece of paper towel or tissue to adjust the thickness of the cloth.

View attachment 493568

Hey andresprophecy,

Go back and look at pages 236-240 of this thread. There is a discussion where I follow advice/suggestions from The Buffinator regarding a particular set of extenders and how to install them so that they are tight. I have a few pictures of my figure before and after using the extenders there also. In addition Hoddy999 also has an alternate suggestion for making the ankles tight after extension. I hope this is helpful!

Omega 9300, thank you for the advice! I've been following this thread for the past year or so, and I distinctively remember that conversation but could never find it, nor now, are you sure its 236 and not 1236 or 2236? I went back to 236 but do not see it. If it is there, forgive me for being blind as a bat and not seeing it. Anyhow, I've made progress with the ankle extension. The bottom peg that goes into the shoe was the one giving me the most problem, The one that goes into the leg was pretty easy but I'm not sure why I couldn't replicate the progress for the shoes. So instead of using the peg, I stuck the longest extension adapter into the shoe (without the peg), it worked! It is very firm in there and does not fall off when I try to adjust the articulation. It makes Captain Marvel so much taller that it's about the same height as Thor. I know its not exactly movie accurate, but I'm perfectly fine with it as long as I get ankle articulation. I think its a temporary fix thought until I can get that peg to click, but for know this'll do.

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg

View attachment 493568

That extension combination is actually longer than you need. I found that the hexagonal piece without the ball joint will fit snugly in her shoe, and it effectively raises the articulation point just high enough to do the trick. Then all you need is a small piece of cloth over it before you push in the ball joint at the bottom of her leg.

The other option is to use the one-piece extender (includes the ball joint) that's half as long as the combination you have there (3rd set from the right below).

Screenshot_2020-08-20 OneSixthKit 1 6 Height Adjusting Leg Extension Set Compatible with Hot Toy.jpg

Yes
The discussion started on page 236 or this thread at comment #2353

And I am glad that you have found a solution, that said I agree with The Buffinator and think you could stand to use one of the shorter extenders for this figure.

Once you give her extended ankles you get a lot more range of movement in the feet. And no issues with the outfit yet, although I haven't had the figure for very long either, so who knows.

Where can you get them from?

Sent from a point in space and time.

I noticed that the regular version is selling for a good price at Toys Wonderland. It is listed at 1,499 HKD which is approximately $193.40 (USD) right now. Even if you add shipping, I think that's a very good price compared to Sideshow's $243 retail price. You can also knock off a few $ on this purchase through the rewards program of Toys Wonderland (details on their website). You can figure out shipping by putting the item on your cart and entering your mailing address.

I'm not affiliated with Toys Wonderland and I haven't tried buying from them yet. But based on online reviews, they are legit and provide good customer service. The prices for most of their Hot Toys figures are higher but the CM regular version is selling for a discount right now. I already have this figure but I'm mentioning this in case anyone wants it and does not need the extra accessories of the deluxe version (or is willing to buy them loose).

I noticed that the regular version is selling for a good price at Toys Wonderland. It is listed at 1,499 HKD which is approximately $193.40 (USD) right now. Even if you add shipping, I think that's a very good price compared to Sideshow's $243 retail price. You can also knock off a few $ on this purchase through the rewards program of Toys Wonderland (details on their website). You can figure out shipping by putting the item on your cart and entering your mailing address.

I'm not affiliated with Toys Wonderland and I haven't tried buying from them yet. But based on online reviews, they are legit and provide good customer service. The prices for most of their Hot Toys figures are higher but the CM regular version is selling for a discount right now. I already have this figure but I'm mentioning this in case anyone wants it and does not need the extra accessories of the deluxe version (or is willing to buy them loose).

I second the Toyswonderland praise as I've ordered 3 figures from them at fair and competitive prices and all shipped super quick.

I have this on pre-order. Will loose my NRD if I don't buy, but the HS is just ... so bad. I like the uniform and the light up Mohawk.

Well, unless you buy two you have to choose between the looks anyway. I have plenty of Steve Rogers, Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne sculpts that never see the light of day. My advice is to just go with the helmet & light up Mohawk and don't worry about it.

Back