1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've received the rest of the parts for my casual Carol Danvers!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
I'll put it together and should have some time to snap a few photos tomorrow!!!!
tXkKYen.gif

Wait, you're going to post pictures of one of your CM figures? This is a shocking development. Stop the presses!

Oh, you! :lol Buffinator you almost always make me chuckle and brighten the mood with your humor.

With that said, I'd gotten two of my four deluxe po's last week, now just waiting on my other two. I haven't opened any others yet, until I have the peace of mind that I have them all in hand, yupp I'm cuckoo like that :lol :cuckoo: THEN I'll happpppilyyyyy setup my Captain Marvel display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :peace :dance :dance :bounce I'm also undecided which CM poster I want to use for my display :thud: :thud:

Awesome!!

You bet!

Really looking forward to your casual Carol Danvers, Zurdo95D.
I also need to thank everyone in this post for the advice on the ankle extension. I would have never thought of this. I did the mod and it just makes the figure so much more heroic, powerful and graceful.

Wooo!!!!!! :woo

I do not usually have any intent for casual style figures in my collection, but man, for Captain Marvel I feel compelled to. For my casual Carol Danvers, I wanted to go for this look:

RsEkB13.jpg

iO6N131.jpg

In this instance I would want to be screen accurate, but one must go the custom route to do so, so I just settled for an evocation of the film, which I'm alright with as long as it's good to me :) Initially I was befuddled what female body to use, especially with all the options out there. After watching reviews and comparisons, the HT Rey looked to be of similar stature to CM and the skin tone looked to be similar, plus the long neck peg helped with accommodating the hair sculpt; luckily I found a Rey body on e-bay, and I'd gotten the fisted hands from TA. The pants and belt are from a US e-bay seller, but unfortunately they fit a bit too tight and was unable to find any female pants in the light blue color that fit looser. I couldn't find any boots I thought come close to the movie costume, but the HT two-pack Steve Rogers' boots look similar. The SR's boots look a bit big on her but I think it looks ok. Also, the 'picking' tools HT provides for some figures helped futz the outfit together. I was going for a plain red shirt at least but not having the AF logo would niggle at me, so I settled for a plain white t-shirt. It's for a male 1/6 figure, but the baggier look works because it's Carol from the 90's! I'm going to display her with the HT stand since it has her name on the front!!! :D :D :D :D :D

VmnLiJT.jpg

zMXmkOX.jpg

7RGQg5q.jpg

GG9HuL3.jpg

LTqH2Z6.jpg

75jDogK.jpg

HUkUUpr.jpg

Y9XwdaA.jpg

38nWj7o.jpg

My attempt to recreate this picture:

raAgJBb.jpg

hxZW3F7.jpg

KQUYu8E.jpg

(Though the tight pants really restrict leg movement)

Some fun with the blast effects!!!!!!!!!!!

iIbgPjr.jpg

XeX8jMB.jpg

dTPiVeS.jpg

ac8hLA3.jpg

lWCtsmN.jpg

Finally, next to the Captain Marvel suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yOJMclg.jpg

mj95rHf.jpg

(The casual figure is a touch taller, probably cos of the SR boots)

FQfw9eT.jpg

sH8VnHe.jpg

a4qD9KL.jpg

I'm juuuuuuuusssssst sooooooo hhhhaaaaaaapppppyyyyyyyy to have a separte Carol figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zurdo, that?s a great custom Casual Carol! I think it?s the one way to use the jacket as I wouldn?t cover the suit with it normally. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zurdo, that?s a great custom Casual Carol! I think it?s the one way to use the jacket as I wouldn?t cover the suit with it normally. Great job!

Wouldn't you cover the suit with the jacket because you wouldn't be able to see the whole suit, or are there stain issues with the jacket?

I have this figure coming in next month hopefully (Europe) and I'm planning on having her wearing the jacket. Except if it stains ofcourse.

Great work Zurdo!
She looks really cool, I think my favorite pose is the one where she has her hands in her jacket pockets.

Thanks! :wave Yeah! With the inclusion of the jacket, I wanted to use it to have a casual Carol.

Yes, nice job! But I feel compelled to point out that the movie was set in the '90s, so she really should be wearing high-waisted mom jeans. But then those are probably hard to find in 1/6 scale in 2020. :lol

Thank you! Yep, unfortunately I wasn't able to find those type of female jeans, as I referenced in my post, lol

Wouldn't you cover the suit with the jacket because you wouldn't be able to see the whole suit, or are there stain issues with the jacket?

I have this figure coming in next month hopefully (Europe) and I'm planning on having her wearing the jacket. Except if it stains of course.

The jacket is lined with a polyester type material inside, so I'd suspect there'd be no staining issues.

I have this figure coming in next month hopefully (Europe) and I'm planning on having her wearing the jacket. Except if it stains ofcourse.

I should?ve clarified. I like the suit too much to cover it with the jacket.

Back