1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone cancelled their preorder based on the assumption, that the suit will make this figure similarly hard to pose as the Iron Spider? Or are you taking the risk / only use the figures in museum pose?

My Iron Spider is very difficult to pose as the suit makes creases once posed that do not easily go away.

I think Captain Marvel will look good in more of a static museum pose, so I haven't worried much about it. Honestly, I don't do a lot of the super dynamic posing because I'm just not very good at it...

Rooted hair really isn’t that bad. You just have to play around with it a little,and imo, rooted hair looks better and doesn’t limit articulation. Speaking of articulation, I’m not too concerned. A figure like Iron Spider *needs* to be possible because Spider-Man is all about flexibility. As along as I can lift Carol’s arms up so it looks like she’s shooting a photon blast, I’m good.

Rooted hair really isn’t that bad. You just have to play around with it a little,and imo, rooted hair looks better and doesn’t limit articulation. Speaking of articulation, I’m not too concerned. A figure like Iron Spider *needs* to be possible because Spider-Man is all about flexibility. As along as I can lift Carol’s arms up so it looks like she’s shooting a photon blast, I’m good.

G'aahh, I'm thinking of probably getting a few of these, one to display with the Carol Danvers head sculpt, one masked, and one posed the heck up with the photon blast effects. :thud:

Do you think she will be masked going forward in the MCU? She didn't wear her helmet at all during Endgame if I remember correctly. Maybe they will continue giving her drastic hair style changes rather lol

She doesn't appear to need one anymore, but a future director might decide to bring it back anyway just to give her more of a badass warrior mode in battle. Since nearly every other Marvel character has a magically retracting helmet of some kind.

I honestly wasn't a fan of the look in the movie, but on the figure it seems to look a lot cooler, so will probably be displaying her that way more than with the regular sculpt.

G'aahh, I'm thinking of probably getting a few of these, one to display with the Carol Danvers head sculpt, one masked, and one posed the heck up with the photon blast effects. :thud:

Well I've got two on order, the deluxe so I can pose her with her jacket and sculpt and the regular to pose her with her helmet/mohawk & photon blast effects. What's nice is I'll have a spare sculpt if they release the Starforce Vers version without one.

Given all the pics you've posted I think you're obligated to buy more than anyone else, so you need to get a minimum of three! :lol

As someone who isn't a fan of the helmeted look I would have really dug a swap out hair piece. Something like how sideshow offered a separate 'wind swept' sculpt for baroness.
Screenshot_20190807-193726_Chrome.jpg

Do you think she will be masked going forward in the MCU? She didn't wear her helmet at all during Endgame if I remember correctly. Maybe they will continue giving her drastic hair style changes rather lol

I actually liked her helmeted look in the film, both in her Kree and CM colors. Given how she didn't have a helmet in EG, maybe so.

Well I've got two on order, the deluxe so I can pose her with her jacket and sculpt and the regular to pose her with her helmet/mohawk & photon blast effects. What's nice is I'll have a spare sculpt if they release the Starforce Vers version without one.

Given all the pics you've posted I think you're obligated to buy more than anyone else, so you need to get a minimum of three! :lol

:lol :lol You bet your socks I'm gonna! LOL yeah I'm anticipating getting multiples of the CM and Starforce versions. :thud: :thud:

Back