1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand not bothering with lights on something like CM or Star-Lord, but when it comes to the diecast IM figures I'd feel like I was really missing out by not using the lights. Especially since it's such a huge part of the character's look. And probably a big part of the figure's high cost as well.

Personally I'd rather take full advantage of what I'm paying for with these things.

I can understand not bothering with lights on something like CM or Star-Lord, but when it comes to the diecast IM figures I'd feel like I was really missing out by not using the lights. Especially since it's such a huge part of the character's look. And probably a big part of the figure's high cost as well.

Personally I'd rather take full advantage of what I'm paying for with these things.
You went the soap reactor route, right Dave?

No I just wired them up myself, after finally forcing myself to learn how. Only problem is now it makes me want to get even more IM figures because of how cool they all look lit up together. So maybe that wasn't such a great idea after all... :lol

No I just wired them up myself, after finally forcing myself to learn how. Only problem is now it makes me want to get even more IM figures because of how cool they all look lit up together. So maybe that wasn't such a great idea after all... :lol

I'm thinking the same for my Hulkbuster when he turns up. But don't think I will do my Mk46. Too many wires.

My point has always been only the people who buy these figures to play with care about lights
I there is no way I am taking my iron man figures out to the cabinet to insert batteries just to see the lights. Let's not forget taking all those batteries out again before putting the figure back in the display cabinet. I have the original mark 7 and it's been in the cabinet for 6 years now with no batteries installed. As long as I own it no ights will be used.

You can’t leave the batteries on and accessing them is a pain so basically you’re only going to use them on “special occasions.” But that’s assuming you do that frequently enough that the batteries don’t leak, which I don’t. Forget it.

My point has always been only the people who buy these figures to play with care about lights
I there is no way I am taking my iron man figures out to the cabinet to insert batteries just to see the lights. Let's not forget taking all those batteries out again before putting the figure back in the display cabinet. I have the original mark 7 and it's been in the cabinet for 6 years now with no batteries installed. As long as I own it no ights will be used.

I actually agree with both of you. I always install the batteries in my new Iron Man figures, mainly to insure that they're all functional and then I will occasionally turn them on. But after a while I'll remove them so there's no damage due to battery leakage. I've picked up a LOT of suits the past couple of years & I know I've gotten a bit lax about removing them. I'm glad this conversation came up - that's now on my to-do list.

But I must admit, I've never gone back and reinstalled batteries once I've taken them out. Maybe I'll do it for the Mark L if I pick up that after market floating array, but other than that I don't see it happening.

I actually agree with both of you. I always install the batteries in my new Iron Man figures, mainly to insure that they're all functional and then I will occasionally turn them on. But after a while I'll remove them so there's no damage due to battery leakage. I've picked up a LOT of suits the past couple of years & I know I've gotten a bit lax about removing them. I'm glad this conversation came up - that's now on my to-do list.

But I must admit, I've never gone back and reinstalled batteries once I've taken them out. Maybe I'll do it for the Mark L if I pick up that after market floating array, but other than that I don't see it happening.

I think the Mark 46 was the last Iron Man I installed batteries in. Way too many in that one figure to bother doing it with the figures I’ve gotten since haha

Maybe someday I’ll light up my Hulkbuster but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the sculpted hair.
I mean every Black Widow figure had rooted hair!
All the Scarlet Witch figures had rooted hair!
Why not Captain Marvel?

Why not Captain Marvel?

I'm the opposite in that I actually prefer sculpted hair versus rooted. I think Captain Marvel looks terrific and would've been difficult to re-create with rooted hair. I am looking forward to the Widow Endgame figure with sculpted hair as well. I don't hate the rooted hair, I just find it to be a bigger challenge to get looking just right. All a matter of taste though, I suppose.

Yeah duplicating all those little waves with rooted hair would be a massive pain, and we already saw how badly they failed at that with IW Black Widow. Not sure why anyone would want even more of that.

So, do we think there's any chance of us getting this one early? I feel like it's been so long since I ordered it and it feels like with SO many Endgame ones in the pipeline, we're due for a Marvel figure to ship. :pray:

Why not Captain Marvel?

Because hot toys don't want anymore figures ruined by cheap looking hair like the black widow figures were.

Yeah duplicating all those little waves with rooted hair would be a massive pain, and we already saw how badly they failed at that with IW Black Widow. Not sure why anyone would want even more of that.

Some people like combing doll hair. Rooted hair tales away from their playing with hair on the dolls.

So, do we think there's any chance of us getting this one early? I feel like it's been so long since I ordered it and it feels like with SO many Endgame ones in the pipeline, we're due for a Marvel figure to ship. :pray:

I'd hope so too, well I want it RIGHT NOW but I don't mind HT taking the time to refine the figure; I'm speculating late this year/early next year.

Because hot toys don't want anymore figures ruined by cheap looking hair like the black widow figures were.

I'm sick and tired of this sculpted hair vs rooted hair debate.
It's just personal preferences and why members bashing each other calling stupid?
At current Hot toys price level, we should demand option to choose when per-ordering 2 years ahead. Hot Toys can produce both and deliver to customers.
It's just seems stupid to argue among ourselves.

It's just personal preferences and why members bashing each other calling stupid?
At current Hot toys price level, we should demand option to choose when per-ordering 2 years ahead. Hot Toys can produce both and deliver to customers.

That is really all we do here but in a friendly way.........most of the time

Naw. If hot toys is producing two heads they will charge more. Both versions would be more expensive.

Has anyone cancelled their preorder based on the assumption, that the suit will make this figure similarly hard to pose as the Iron Spider? Or are you taking the risk / only use the figures in museum pose?

My Iron Spider is very difficult to pose as the suit makes creases once posed that do not easily go away.

Back