1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end game version is the one I really want but if it's not previewed soon I will get this one.

Yeah. Agree. I’ve seen a 3rd party short haired version flying around somewhere for pre order so worst comes to the worst, it’s this version with the 3rd party headsculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it CG’d into her? I had no idea.
Infinity War and Endgame were filmed back to back, so they were filmed prior to or online with Captain Marvel’s filming?

Endgame was filmed before her solo film. They used her old costume for filming and changed the colour palette/made other edits in post because they decided she should look different after 25 years. Iirc the short hair was a pretty last minute decision, that’s why all the promo art looks like her solo film.

Another close look (credit to Nortdort for the photo)

Aby6jAC.jpg

I like this suit more than the EG one but do wish it had a sash.

I'm also still not decided on this version. What concerns me more is if I would like the next iteration with short hair or not.

This then leads to the thought, perhaps it would be better to get her and Valkyrie as a lovers display :lol ???? Short hair would perhaps fit a bit better in that situation.

long hair sculpt for me, plus the old uniform color scheme is more accurate to the source material sans the sash (even though i'm not much of a comics fan). weird they switched it around in End Game but i guess it's a necessity to do a major costume makeover for the time skip... and merchandise lol

but as the others said here, a short hair head sculpt and you're golden with this fig. heck even a crudely made custom fabric sash might even pair with it nicely to complete the look. as for me, i'm sticking with the long hair :wink1:

edit: i never realized the End Game costume has the color scheme of the classic Mar-vell after doing a quick scan through the thread :bouncin

I have no plans to get a CM figure at the moment, but if I were, I would get this version. I personally didn’t really like her EG look.

I like the suits from both EG and her film, though if I had to choose I prefer her first suit. If they do release an EG version I'd definitely pick it up.

I loved the EG suit in the movie but wasn't as fond of the short hair so would probably give this one the edge for that alone.

Same as right here. Endgame suit colors look awesome, but not a fan of the short hair look.

Would have been cool if Hot toys could've given her swap out shoulder pads on this figure so we could have an endgame intro version.

The EG suit seems to be a last second CGI change. In the deleted scene that was released that takes place directly after the battle, she is wearing the same costume she wears earlier in the film.

The EG suit seems to be a last second CGI change. In the deleted scene that was released that takes place directly after the battle, she is wearing the same costume she wears earlier in the film.

It is, she was wearing the just finished suit for the CM film during endgame. They had not shot the CM film yet but they changed the suit with CGI because they figured she should look different after 20 years.

Remember they filmed IW and EG at the same time, the bulk of which was filmed in 2017. You also see RDJ wearing mockups for much older armors in a lot of behind the scene footage (not even just EG) because the design work for that changes a lot in post and most everyone's suits get at a minimum digital polish, even if they still are wearing a full practical one (or like in the big Civil War battle they ended up doing full replacement CG spider-man and black panther, and they got rid of most of the practical set dressing they had midway through shooting and decided to just render it all)

Also the Quantum team suits never existed at all during filming, and the totally digital design was finished much later hence why all the toys that dropped before the film came out are wrong
https://www.artofvfx.com/avengers-e...-max-solomon-animation-supervisor-framestore/

Last edited:
I doubt we will see her EG figure announced before this one is released. There are no Capt Marvel related movies in phase 4 so that's at least 2-3 years before we see her again in anything but cameo roles. Lots of time between this figure's projected Q1 2020 release and us seeing her on screen again so we may get that EG or Starforce uniform announcement in between.

E9081503-4950-4EFE-980F-C8EF9AE4AC31.jpeg Sorry if this is old news, but I was re-reading the product description and, do her hands light up? It mentions the light in her helmet, and “LED Light-Up function on both of the forearms. I wonder if this would limit articulation, and how it would all work. I guess they could use the same method they use with the lightsabers.

View attachment 463158 Sorry if this is old news, but I was re-reading the product description and, do her hands light up? It mentions the light in her helmet, and “LED Light-Up function on both of the forearms. I wonder if this would limit articulation, and how it would all work. I guess they could use the same method they use with the lightsabers.

Or like Iron Man's. In addition to the regular and gesture hands, we'll get a pair of translucent blue fists to let the light in the forearm through for the effect.

Back