1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like her because she barely had a personality outside of confidence. I thought we were going to get to know her. There's a scene where her friend literally tells her what her personality is.

In the movie, we follow Danvers as she discovers piece by piece that she has been brainwashed by the Kree for the last six years, all the while the Krees' ruler urged her time and time again to keep her emotions in check.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many movie goers either don't get this or are willing to dismiss this decisive plot point just to keep bashing Brie Larson and her acting. It's ridiculous.

Back on topic: The Hot Toys figure looks awesome. I have the Deluxe Version on preorder and hope that she'll be released as soon as possible. Easily the figure I look most forward to for the rest of the year.

This thread is to talk about the figure. If you don’t like the movie or Brie, I’m not exactly sure what brings you here. Anyways, here’s a pic of the figure at Comic Con to bring things back on track. I think the power effects look really cool. Hope she releases in October View attachment 462935
Thanks for the pic! I'm really hoping the final product for this one doesn't take a nose-dive in quality.

In the movie, we follow Danvers as she discovers piece by piece that she has been brainwashed by the Kree for the last six years, all the while the Krees' ruler urged her time and time again to keep her emotions in check.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many movie goers either don't get this or are willing to dismiss this decisive plot point just to keep bashing Brie Larson and her acting. It's ridiculous.

Back on topic: The Hot Toys figure looks awesome. I have the Deluxe Version on preorder and hope that she'll be released as soon as possible. Easily the figure I look most forward to for the rest of the year.

Me too!!!! and i really hope we get her in her Starforce suit and they do Yon Rogg. Captain Marvel is one of my favorite Marvel movies and loved Brie. Hope they also make her End Game figure.

Me too!!!! and i really hope we get her in her Starforce suit and they do Yon Rogg. Captain Marvel is one of my favorite Marvel movies and loved Brie. Hope they also make her End Game figure.
Could you explain to me why you thought Captain Marvel was so great? What makes it one of your favorite Marvel movies? I'm genuinely curious because I found it to be extremely bland with very little content to relate to, lacking a TON of character development. Like throughout almost the entire movie Captain Marvel was just snarky and plain. In other Marvel movies like the Winter Soldier we have much more relatable characters dealing with very human issues and relationships, allowing the audience to further enjoy the characters. With Captain Marvel it was like Jason Bourne but with invulnerability and ridiculously powerful super abilities practically removing all tension and suspence from the movie. It takes the Bourne formula and makes it into an emotionless, overpowered disaster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Okie dokie; Stick to the topic of the thread i.e. 1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel figure.

If you want to discuss the movie I suggest you go to the Movie & Television forum and discuss Captain Marvel there.

That's not the way the forum has ever operated. Even Dave has derailed threads on occasion.
let conversations grow organically as they have always done.

That's not the way the forum has ever operated. Even Dave has derailed threads on occasion.

Nobody with a legitimate interest in this figure wants to navigate this arrested adolescent posturing about the film. Some of these posts are like summer school essays

Could you explain to me why you thought Captain Marvel was so great? What makes it one of your favorite Marvel movies? I'm genuinely curious because I found it to be extremely bland with very little content to relate to, lacking a TON of character development. Like throughout almost the entire movie Captain Marvel was just snarky and plain. In other Marvel movies like the Winter Soldier we have much more relatable characters dealing with very human issues and relationships, allowing the audience to further enjoy the characters. With Captain Marvel it was like Jason Bourne but with invulnerability and ridiculously powerful super abilities practically removing all tension and suspence from the movie. It takes the Bourne formula and makes it into an emotionless, overpowered disaster.

i don't need to fill this figure thread with my own personal reasons why I liked it. And I don't really need to confirm to others why I liked it especially to those who didn't like it. I don't see the point. I'm not going to change your mind, you won't be changing mine. If you didn't like the film, thats fine. I don't really care. Sorry if i sound B1tchy. There is a movie thread for this movie where people discuss it, but i don't participate in it because i don't need anyone's approval. I was just sharing my enthusiasm for the figure and other figures they might make with another member below.

i don't need to fill this figure thread with my own personal reasons why I liked it. And I don't really need to confirm to others why I liked it especially to those who didn't like it. I don't see the point. I'm not going to change your mind, you won't be changing mine. If you didn't like the film, thats fine. I don't really care. Sorry if i sound B1tchy. There is a movie thread for this movie where people discuss it, but i don't participate in it because i don't need anyone's approval. I was just sharing my enthusiasm for the figure and other figures they might make with another member below.
No worries at all lol. I was just interested in hearing your views on the movie, as you sounded very enthusiastic about it in your previous post. I've got nothing agaisnt anyone who likes the movie, I was just legitimately interested in hearing what elements you thought the movie got right, or what set it apart from other Marvel films.

Its fine if you like it, but if what you are saying is true why did you directly call me a sexist a couple pages back?

The posts speak for themselves. If you don't see why I really don't care. If you want to continue to bash the film and actress, have fun. But it's really time to move on.

Sure; threads are going to get derailed at one point or another. But when I see reported posts by several different people that tells me the majority of Freaks in this thread would rather stick to the topic of the 1/6 scale Captain Marvel figure.

Again; If you want to talk about the movie please go to the Movies & Television forum.

Post EDIT:

I'm reopening this thread.

I asked you all nicely to stick to the topic of discussing the 1/6th figure and since several Freaks have made it clear to me that they just want to discuss the figure I'm asking again to take any talk about the move to the appropriate movie thread.

I won't ask again. I'll just hand out infractions and or temp bans like they're candy on Halloween. Your choice.

Don't like the way I moderate? Then, please, by all means contact the board owner/administrator: Darklord Dave.

From the board's Community Guidelines:

Use of Sideshowcollectors.com constitutes your acceptance and agreement to abide by the following guidelines in both letter and intent. Whether or not you agree with them on a personal level, try to understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.We reserve the right to change, add to, and interpret any part of the Community Guidelines in a manner we feel best serves the community. Any content or member we feel is in conflict with the purpose of this forum may be removed at our discretion. Our decisions are final.
Each member of the community is responsible for 1) showing respect for our forum and the other members of the community and 2) not abusing the forum and the other members of the community.

From the board's Code of Conduct:

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you’d like others to respond before you post. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a "privilege," and not a "right." Sideshowcollectors.com reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this code.

You've been warned.

Thread cleaned; My apologies for the collateral damage to some Freak's posts.

Thread reopened.

Last edited:
I really want an Endgame version with the short hair but wouldn’t mind settling for this version if need be.

On a side note Darth, appreciate your moderation skills. A 1/6 thread should be just as is. Why can’t people like you moderate the Star Wars 1/6 threads with the constant TLJ discussions?

DM me with your response as I don’t want this post to flare it all up again. This action should be taken across all threads and it’s stopping me visit the Star Wars boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want an Endgame version with the short hair but wouldn’t mind settling for this version if need be.

On a side note Darth, appreciate your moderation skills. A 1/6 thread should be just as is. Why can’t people like you moderate the Star Wars 1/6 threads with the constant TLJ discussions?

DM me with your response as I don’t want this post to flare it all up again. This action should be taken across all threads and it’s stopping me visit the Star Wars boards.

I really prefer the look from the stand alone movie and if the production figure holds up to what was shown at SDCC I'll be very happy with it. I might double up if they released the short hair Endgame look as the costume was noticeably different as well as the hair.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen the EG figure yet is because the design was only finalized and CG'd onto her at the last minute, which didn't give HT enough time to develop anything.

I just hope now that the figure doesn't get lost in the shuffle with all the other characters and movies they have to tackle.

That definitely seems like it. In one of the recently released deleted scenes from the final battle, she's still wearing her outfit from her solo movie.

The end game version is the one I really want but if it's not previewed soon I will get this one.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen the EG figure yet is because the design was only finalized and CG'd onto her at the last minute, which didn't give HT enough time to develop anything.

I just hope now that the figure doesn't get lost in the shuffle with all the other characters and movies they have to tackle.

Was it CG’d into her? I had no idea.
Infinity War and Endgame were filmed back to back, so they were filmed prior to or online with Captain Marvel’s filming?

Back