1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we all know I hold headsculpt likeness to a very high regard and this one definitely doesn't live up to my expectations...so there was no intentional baiting on my part since I legit think the figure itself is subpar.

And yeah, a lot of the figure to me is heavily weighted on the likeness especially since that's her main look. Sure, she does rock the helmet, but it was legit for like 15 seconds. So the Brie Larson face is the main look and I'm sorry, but Hot Toys missed the mark because it's just not quite there.

Watch...now that we're not discussing politics anymore, someone will hate on me for bashing the headsculpt! :lol

Someone's always gonna get butt hurt about something, regardless of the discussion! :thud:

YOU, a stickler for good headsculpt likenesses??? This is the first I'm hearing of it. :lol IDK, I tend to reserve judgment on these sculpts. We blow up their photos to 10x the actual size and analyze every minute detail. No sculpt is going to hold up to that kind of scrutiny. When I look at it I see maybe 90% Brie, so hopefully it'll look even closer when viewed in my detolf. Assuming of course, the production sculpt is of similar quality.

Don't worry, we won't hate on you for headsculpt bashing. You're plenty annoying even without that! (I kid! I kid!) :rotfl

Hey it was longer than 15 seconds, more like 20! :lol

Well honestly a few minutes I would like to think. And it’s no different from all the people who purchased the House Protocol Suits.

Don't forget it IS an iconic look from her comics. I'd want it even if it was cut from the movie completely.

YOU, a stickler for good headsculpt likenesses??? This is the first I'm hearing of it. :lol IDK, I tend to reserve judgment on these sculpts. We blow up their photos to 10x the actual size and analyze every minute detail. No sculpt is going to hold up to that kind of scrutiny. When I look at it I see maybe 90% Brie, so hopefully it'll look even closer when viewed in my detolf. Assuming of course, the production sculpt is of similar quality.

Don't worry, we won't hate on you for headsculpt bashing. You're plenty annoying even without that! (I kid! I kid!) :rotfl

Ha, well played!

UnlinedEminentAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

I think we all know I hold headsculpt likeness to a very high regard and this one definitely doesn't live up to my expectations...so there was no intentional baiting on my part since I legit think the figure itself is subpar.

And yeah, a lot of the figure to me is heavily weighted on the likeness especially since that's her main look. Sure, she does rock the helmet, but it was legit for like 15 seconds. So the Brie Larson face is the main look and I'm sorry, but Hot Toys missed the mark because it's just not quite there.

I was never buying this but that photoshop someone did early on after the prototype was revealed would have killed any temptation on my part. I almost hate when someone is able to pinpoint the exact issue with a likeness. It becomes something I then can't unsee.

That’s quite a lot of places. I’ve only ever lived in California.
Yep, benefits and drawback of being in the military.

Connecticut, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, Texas, Alabama, and California (2x, once south, once bay area).

I won't deny that the bay area has quite a lot of very vocal liberals, but like everywhere else most people are moderates that just want to live their lives.

Exactly the same rubbish happening in Doctor Who fandom- claims that Jodie said she hates who’re men, which isn’t true,
Banging on about the show now being anti-white man - it isn’t - that it’s now an SJW show, it isn’t, and that it’s geared toward third wave radical feminists, which (guess what) it isn’t!

Then explain this:

"Missy: Is the future female?
The Doctor: We can only hope"

Last edited:
I was never buying this but that photoshop someone did early on after the prototype was revealed would have killed any temptation on my part. I almost hate when someone is able to pinpoint the exact issue with a likeness. It becomes something I then can't unsee.

Yeah and it's a shame too cause it looks like an easy fix...just move her dead eyes closer together!!! :slap

Yep, benefits and drawback of being in the military.

Connecticut, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, Texas, Alabama, and California.

I won't deny that the bay area has quite a lot of very vocal liberals, but like everywhere else most people are moderates that just want to live their lives.

Ah. That explains the nomadic lifestyle then. Thanks for serving though. :duff

Heyyy, a fellow Taiwanese collector AND we have similar ideology! :duff

I agree with you with your rating of the film, but I'm gonna have to disagree with on the whole leftist agenda driven stuff. I honestly didn't see an overt PC agenda being pushed at all. I can see why you would think that, but I really don't think it was intentional...or who knows, maybe it was...but it didn't stand out to me as blatant.

The problem with the movie was that it was just plain bad and poorly written.

You’re Taiwanese too? Awesome man!

And wasn’t the Skrull homeworld destroyed over a decade ago by Galactus in the comics? So them being interstellar immigrants actual works and kind of tracks with their circumstances. And even though this batch of Skrulls were ‘good’ it doesn’t necessarily apply to the rest of the Skrull population.

And Captain Marvel and the Skrulls never once really brought up immigrating to the Earth etc. From what I understood it was all about finding a home far away that they could live in peace.

That’s unusual. A majority of the comments I see are those who had a change of heart. They didn’t like the movie at first. Then after seeing it they thought Brie did awesome in the role and don’t mind her being the new face of Marvel.
Anyway I came here to read about the figure. I just see pages about Asians, refugees, minorities, racism, anything but the figure. Can we get back on topic?

I'm curious. Are you planning to preorder the figure? I preordered the deluxe and I am excited for it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, you cannot have a single clue what is like if you did not grow up black, you cannot say women have it easy if your not a woman, you cannot understand what it is like to be Asian if your not Asain.

Looking up numbers on google is a lot different than everyday life.

And you cannot have a single clue what the individual experience is like for millions of people that only have one external characteristic in common. That's the problem with treating people like a collective. It takes out individuality completely and tries to define people entirely by external characteristics.

Not that it relates in the slightest to me being able to hold any opinion on the subject of how this should be translated into policy.

I agree that Skrulls have been portrayed as villains in the comics, but I noticed that the MCU takes liberties with its characters and storylines for the films. I believe that MCU is doing it to give its directors more flexibility with storytelling and potentially make the films more interesting. For example, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were the children of Magneto in the comics (in one version of their origin story) and Quicksilver did not die immediately.

Re: opening up borders,
Spoiler Spoiler:

But like I said, movies are generally open to interpretation so I am not saying that my point is the absolute truth. I normally don't like talking about politics and don't want to further digress from this board's original intention of talking about the upcoming figure (which I am so excited about) so I'll leave it at that. :)

I was with you until that last line. You were correct saying "they just want to find a peaceful place where they can settle down and be with their family and not get persecuted", but

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know, but I meant the overarching message is that the Skrulls (refugees) are good and sympathetic and we should be helping them.

Be kinda cool if HT could make it where Goose comes with a 2nd headsculpt with some tentacles starting to come out of its mouth.

Yeah I agree. I mentioned that after I first watched the film. But hey you never know Hot Toys could be keeping it secret so as to not spoil the movie for people.

But I’m guessing he might have a bit of trouble balancing, unless one of the tentacles is aiding balance.

Are Asians disadvantaged in any western society nowadays (these past decades). I don’t hear about anything major excepting for ‘minor’ things such as college restrictions (too smart for their own good :wink1:) and not enough parts in Hollywood, but then Asian’s in general don’t bring up their issues in public much.

All i am saying is you don't what it is like.

Asians deal with a lot of crap also. I have an Asian friend move to Idaho a couple years ago and had to leave after 9 months because of some very racist people making threats. Had some Asian friends in Denver had their car spray painted last fall with racist comments and that is just recent stuff to friends of mine.

The system is not rigged but the people in the system make it extremely difficult to get ahead a times.

Enough of this not going to solve the worlds problems tonight we need to talk about Cap and her movie more.

Yes, you cannot have a single clue what is like if you did not grow up black, you cannot say women have it easy if your not a woman, you cannot understand what it is like to be Asian if your not Asain.

Looking up numbers on google is a lot different than everyday life.

Can Beyonce who is beyond rich and successful speak for the entire Black community just because of her skin color is the same as theirs? She doesn't seem like she can relate to all these "poor disadvantaged Blacks" like you're suggesting if someone can relate just by their skin color or gender.

I know, but I meant the overarching message is that the Skrulls (refugees) are good and sympathetic and we should be helping them.

Maybe, but I’m thinking it’s connection to this film in particular is quite thin at best. And as far as them being good they were more or less relatable, which is what you want in your films otherwise all the characters may as well be black and white cut outs.

But then again if you want to, you could probably go through every film of the past few decades and attach social issues and ideas if their connections can be as thin as the one you’re bringing up.

Which again isn’t always a bad thing even where the messages are more blatant, as films and stories are made for the current audience and their sensibilities etc.

All i am saying is you don't what it is like.

Asians deal with a lot of crap also. I have an Asian friend move to Idaho a couple years ago and had to leave after 9 months because of some very racist people making threats. Had some Asian friends in Denver had their car spray painted last fall with racist comments and that is just recent stuff to friends of mine.

The system is not rigged but the people in the system make it extremely difficult to get ahead a times.

Enough of this not going to solve the worlds problems tonight we need to talk about Cap and her movie more.

Umm I am of Chinese decent, 1st generation Australian. Thought I mentioned that a few times already :dunno But I don’t live in the US. I know it’s different countries and all (though sometimes I think Australia follows various American trends all the time) but I haven’t heard of anything like that for decades happening here to East Asian’s etc. Nowadays it’s the more ‘recent’ immigrants (West Asia if you want to stretch the definition, if that’s who you are referring to, as I sometimes stupidly forget that the Asian continent spreads a lot further West than I think off hand) that cop that kind of crap around here because of certain world issues.

Be kinda cool if HT could make it where Goose comes with a 2nd headsculpt with some tentacles starting to come out of its mouth.

I was thinking that too. I was hoping they kept some accessories secret; like the tesseract in the lunch box, that'd be great.

Back