1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I can't remember another action figure thread generating so much discussion about the acting of the person portraying the character. Seems odd, especially because she has won an Oscar for a leading role. Great actors star in these movies, and the performances they give in them are almost never the best work of their careers, as the movies never usually give them a great chance to be at their best.

True. I guess some people want their actresses to be more emotive (even if that may have been contrary to that character) and be all smiles and nice, and be a good little girl (Please insert sarcastic tone).

I personally thought her portrayal was fine within the confines on this single film. I have no complaints from any of the actors, I just felt something was missing from the film, but that could’ve just been from this being her introductory movie.

Hmm. I can't remember another action figure thread generating so much discussion about the acting of the person portraying the character. Seems odd, especially because she has won an Oscar for a leading role. Great actors star in these movies, and the performances they give in them are almost never the best work of their careers, as the movies never usually give them a great chance to be at their best.

I think some people must have difficulty following movie plots, as they're still describing her acting as "wooden" even though the script

Spoiler Spoiler:

About the HT figure, are there any pics of it with the head tilted up like in the flying pose? I think almost all of the HT shots are of her hovering. I kinda doubt I'll get this, but maybe the SH Figuarts version to have a representation. There's promo pics of her flying pose for that figure.

I think some people must have difficulty following movie plots, as they're still describing her acting as "wooden" even though the script

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree.

Here's hoping the head sculpt is from this scene. I understand why others want a Vers version, but I've already got two Captain Marvels on order (so I can display both the regular and mohawk/helmet versions) so I don't need a third. Plus I love the unique look of Minn-Erva's mask. And it's Gemma Chan...:drool

View attachment 447358

Gemma Chan looks gorgeous as Minn-Erva. I think HT can recycle CM's body and repaint the costume so it should not be that expensive to produce a figure for Gemma. :pray:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Buffinator's comments are well said! I totally agree with the part that was spoiler tagged. :lecture :goodpost: :exactly:

Dishonest people will attack her for her acting when the real reason they hate her has nothing to do with her acting.

I thought the movie was fine, and I have nothing against Larson. I'm more into DC, so I can't say I have a pony in this race.

But I gotta say, that Skrull fight scene in the ship corridor, where she stops and asks them a question?
You cannot tell me that her delivery of that line of dialogue was the best take.

mYqLi20.jpg

I’ve only seen it once, but I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I’m assuming you’re talking about how she asks them about the arm shackles? Didn’t seem different from any other thing I’ve seen in the MCU.

Spoiler Spoiler:
:exactly:

I thought the movie was fine, and I have nothing against Larson. I'm more into DC, so I can't say I have a pony in this race.

But I gotta say, that Skrull fight scene in the ship corridor, where she stops and asks them a question?
You cannot tell me that her delivery of that line of dialogue was the best take.

View attachment 447374

I am a major smart ass and that is how i would ask that question. Then i would get my butt kicked because i'm not her :lol

Brie NEVER said she hates white men.

This is the same sort of c r a p spewed by people who can’t handle the Doctor being a woman at the moment. Apparently Jodie hates white men too! I bet Daisy Ridley hates white men too! I bet any woman who leads a show or film they like hates white men too.

Pathetic to fee threatened by these female leads.

Brie said she wanted the press reviewing the film and attending the junkets to be diverse and not just white men. There is no insult in that at all. Why shouldn’t it be diverse?

By being angry at that, it says a huge amount about someone’s world view.

This is the same sort of c r a p spewed by people who can’t handle the Doctor being a woman at the moment. Apparently Jodie hates white men too! I bet Daisy Ridley hates white men too! I bet any woman who leads a show or film they like hates white men too.

Pathetic to fee threatened by these female leads.

Brie said she wanted the press reviewing the film and attending the junkets to be diverse and not just white men. There is no insult in that at all. Why shouldn’t it be diverse?

By being angry at that, it says a huge amount about someone’s world view.

Whilst I mostly agree with you, there's no point in having some forced diversity for the sake of it

She did say that she doesn't want to hear what any white man thinks of "A Wrinkle In Time" because the film wasn't made for them.

I guess I wasn't aware that my race or sex qualified me to have opinions on only select movies.

She did say that she doesn't want to hear what any white man thinks of "A Wrinkle In Time" because the film wasn't made for them.

I guess I wasn't aware that my race or sex qualified me to have opinions on only select movies.

Where did she say that?

But why is having an audience made up of whatthe world is actually like, forced? It’s not is it?

If you deliberately engineer a crowd to have specific demographics (thereby necessitating the exclusion of some for their race or sex), then by nature it is forced.

If you deliberately engineer a crowd to have specific demographics (thereby necessitating the exclusion of some for their race or sex), then by nature it is forced.

It may be forced equal representation, but it’s not like it’s anything new. It’s been happening for decades across industries. And it’s always unfair for someone in the crowd. In order to raise someone up, someone else will probably lose out.

I read a while ago, that colleges in the US (Ivy in particular), made it a lot harder for those with Chinese names to get in (and inversely easier for others), in that much different marks were required to get placement. Supposedly it was all about equal representation rather than merit, otherwise their top schools would be like ours here in Australia, full of East Asians (I don’t think our Aus Uni’s would be able to survive otherwise, as they need all that Chinese money).

Where did she say that?

Even though I didn’t mind what she said, she more I’d less did say that in an interview. Just google it, and once you get all the information, make up your own mind. Too many individuals just read or listened to stories which heavily included false statements, around which to create a narrative around one or two of her talking points.

She essentially said that she wanted greater diversity in the pool of film critics, to match the diversity in American society. Not for someone to lose their job (though how that would work I don’t know) but for more chairs to be made available for those of different backgrounds, and to hear their additional opinions on various films etc, which may or may not be geared towards them. But no where did she say she hated white men etc. But she did point out that in North America obviously the vast majority of film critics were white men over 40.

When anyone even mentions SJW in an argument, I usually just move on nowadays, as most of the time for whatever reason I don’t notice it in a film unless it’s specifically pointed out, because as far as I’m concerned as long as everything narratively works I couldn’t care less. I only have an issue when such themes are included at the expense rather than to the benefit of the story. Like the only thing I didn’t like in TLJ was how they wrote Poe to be an idiot. I mean they could’ve shown all the women to be strong/er, smart/er etc, and still shown Poe to be a hero etc.

It may be forced equal representation, but it’s not like it’s anything new. It’s been happening for decades across industries. And it’s always unfair for someone in the crowd. In order to raise someone up, someone else will probably lose out.

I read a while ago, that colleagues in the US (Ivy in particular), made it a lot harder for those with Chinese names to get in (and inversely easier for others), in that much different marks were required to get placement. Supposedly it was all about equal representation rather than merit, otherwise their top schools would be like ours here in Australia, full of East Asians (I don’t think our Aus Uni’s would be able to survive otherwise, as they need all that Chinese money).

All of this I find to be extremely unethical, hypocritical, and disgusting. Fighting racism and sexism with more racism and sexism. At that point its not about equality, its about winning the prejudice game.

All of this I find to be extremely unethical, hypocritical, and disgusting. Fighting racism and sexism with more racism and sexism. At that point its not about equality, its about winning the prejudice game.

At the end of the day, fairs fair. Now everyone gets to whinge, not just those disadvantaged :dunno

At the end of the day, fairs fair. Now everyone gets to whinge, not just those disadvantaged :dunno
That's no more fair than the "its not cheating if everyone's doing it" fallacy. Literally its saying that if racism exists, we might as well all embrace it.
What's fair would be to literally ignore race/sex/ect. altogether and have a system based on merit where everyone is praised and criticized on completely equal grounds without a single regard to external characteristics.

Back