1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the figure but feel they dropped the ball on the buttocks area... HT needed to make it more flat...:wink1:

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 4.40.40 AM.jpg

So I ordered this figure the day it went up on Sideshow but the status still says "Waiting to Process". Anyone else have this? I'm sure it has to do with the Sideshow site update but this is the first time that they haven't taken a NRD yet. Wonder what's up.

I like the figure but feel they dropped the ball on the buttocks area... HT needed to make it more flat...:wink1:

View attachment 443773

With as bad as a lot of these on-set pictures look for most of these outfits, I imagine they end up doing a lot of post-production touch ups to make the outfits look sleeker, and tighter, and ultimately end up changing the shape of the people wearing them. I remember seeing BTS photos of Evangeline Lilly in her Wasp outfit that made her look fat, but what we see in the movie is anything but (no pun intended).

There were rumors that there was a butt double used for this movie. :lol
I guess Larson is willing to forgo any notion of "activism" for that sweet "male gaze" moneyz.

Some people don't really care what other people want though. I collect what i want and there's varying levels of that which means different amounts i would pay for something. If i have unlimited funds, yeah i'd pay full price. but i don't, so sometimes i have to wait for deals.

Yeah right? Who cares is everyone wants it? I am the only person these things are for. I also do not have unlimited funds, so some wants need to wait, and if I can pick it up later at retail , especially on a figure that went crazy over retail due to the “gotta have it first/now crowd” then thats great.

Its amazing to watch most of these figures prices over the span of a year (which is about what we wait from proto to release) most skyrocket just before release (for the gotta have it first crowd) them stay high (for the gotta have it no matter what crowd) the over the next year most level off.

Its not like the old days where the runs were very small and obtaining a figure was impossible due to scarcity. HT plays on these emotions , which is exactly why most of their releases surround current NOW film. They WANT to ride that “gotta have it now” wave while the property is hot....hence the name Hot Toys.

Its also the reason we see very little in the way of older licenses. They figure thats nostalgia driven buying is not as powerful as the current NOW properties.

I guess its nice for folks to be able to buy exactly what they want when they want it regardless of cost....but most of us do not live in that world.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So I ordered the deluxe version off Sideshow using my rewards points..but I did not get a confirmation that I paid the NRD. Are they not doing that now?

When did you order? I haven't got confirmation of the NRD either, but I placed the order late last night (i.e., after they closed for the weekend). The status of my order is "waiting to process". I'm sure come Monday it will switch to "payment plan in progress" and they'll charge the NRD.

Yeah...I did not think about that. I ordered her at about 7pm EST last night. I'll wait and see.

So I ordered this figure the day it went up on Sideshow but the status still says "Waiting to Process". Anyone else have this? I'm sure it has to do with the Sideshow site update but this is the first time that they haven't taken a NRD yet. Wonder what's up.

You're not alone. Probably a weekend thing, but it could also be the update. If it hasn't changed by Monday, I imagine several of us will be contacting them.

Same here. Shows waiting to process.

My IW Dr. Strange and Neo also sat in payment processing for quite awhile even though the full funds had been deducted from my bank account for days.

Shouldn't the armored head be a two piece neck/head deal? WTH?

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. In all the promo photos of the armored head she's just looking straight, even in the flying poses. I feel like she can't look up at all.

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. In all the promo photos of the armored head she's just looking straight, even in the flying poses. I feel like she can't look up at all.

Hopefully HT will be able to make the helmet & neck two separate pieces, but as of now I don't think that's what we're getting. Having them separate will make it less convenient to swap sculpts, so they may not bother.

Yeah right? Who cares is everyone wants it? I am the only person these things are for. I also do not have unlimited funds, so some wants need to wait, and if I can pick it up later at retail , especially on a figure that went crazy over retail due to the “gotta have it first/now crowd” then thats great.

Its amazing to watch most of these figures prices over the span of a year (which is about what we wait from proto to release) most skyrocket just before release (for the gotta have it first crowd) them stay high (for the gotta have it no matter what crowd) the over the next year most level off.

Its not like the old days where the runs were very small and obtaining a figure was impossible due to scarcity. HT plays on these emotions , which is exactly why most of their releases surround current NOW film. They WANT to ride that “gotta have it now” wave while the property is hot....hence the name Hot Toys.

Its also the reason we see very little in the way of older licenses. They figure thats nostalgia driven buying is not as powerful as the current NOW properties.

I guess its nice for folks to be able to buy exactly what they want when they want it regardless of cost....but most of us do not live in that world.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Ditto. HT isn't stupid. The "flash buy turn over" factor lets em' get away - at least for a while - w. questionable sculpts and peeling pleather. Throw some flashy accessories in...

Besides, it's collecting-ING e.g. something continuous however u do it. So maybe 2,3 years ago you passed on a fig. Then u get lucky. For d@mn sure I was ecstatic to pick up TWS Fury at a discount - finished my TWS shelf group, and a great fig besides. Got on an Ultron fig kick the past year - read a lot of comments re movie and HT figs, pro and con. But IMO every one of my Ultron figs - as releases go - has been stellar:clap. Most of those were at retail or below NIB. Got Ultron Mark 1 in and now IMO it's one of the best figs in my collection - staggering detail and paint:love - well worth the retail but u can get below.

I don't buy what I don't feel connected to one way or other, just for a sale. But re budgeting u gotta *triage*. And TBH if HT keeps IMO dropping the ball:( re sculpts or materials (not saying CM is one of those) it'll be even easier to kick back and wait. Know a lot of folks are happy about sculpted hair but am suspicious it was just another way for HT to cut costs (guessing rooted hair costs more in production).

And since apparently a lot of folks find IW Natasha hair upsetting, she's one I'm hoping to get NIB at a *reasonable* amount down the road.:monkey3

Priceless........guess it makes it easy for HT sculptors :lol

View attachment 443789

I agree we haven't seen much of an emotional range yet, probably because the trailers have been trying hard to present her as some enigmatic badass. But the idea that it somehow means Brie Larson has no acting ability just annoys the hell out of me. And tells me most of these fanboys haven't bothered to watch her in anything else before.

I agree we haven't seen much of an emotional range yet, probably because the trailers have been trying hard to present her as some enigmatic badass. But the idea that it somehow means Brie Larson has no acting ability just annoys the hell out of me. And tells me most of these fanboys haven't bothered to watch her in anything else before.
I don’t see how that’s relevant. From all marketing material so far, Larson seems really bored and lifeless. This what they have chosen to sell the movie.

From all interviews of Larsen, it seems she cares more about “activism” than the character or Marvel. I have to wonder if two (her seeming bored and uninterested in the character) are related.

Since the site updated, NRD's for new orders have been taking a few days to charge. So it seems to be normal for now until they get everything working.

I don’t see how that’s relevant. From all marketing material so far, Larson seems really bored and lifeless. This what they have chosen to sell the movie.

From all interviews of Larsen, it seems she cares more about “activism” than the character or Marvel. I have to wonder if two (her seeming bored and uninterested in the character) are related.

I don't know, from all the interviews I've read, she seemed pretty darn excited about being the character. And yes what the character also represents, much like Gadot did with WW. So not sure why that's an issue.

I do agree the character has come across pretty stiff in the trailers so far, but the writers have said she's actually a lot more snarky and fun in the movie, so I'm willing to wait and see if that's the case. Especially considering we've barely even heard her say anything yet.

Well from the trailers she obviously doesnt know who she is and has been made in to a terminator like fighting machine. She will remember who she is and get her normal human attitude back.

Back