1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those wrinkles don't look too good for a rubber suit. How long before they disintegrate and and the rubber is ruined?

I don't like the unlit eyes on the masked head. They should really be a translucent white piece there, not clear with black inside. A translucent white plastic would still allow the bright LED to shine through when it was on.

Do we reckon someone else might take a stab at doing Goose the cat as an extra?
Bit like those guys who are doing the dogs for John wick

Goose looks ok, but could certainly do with some work.

Neil

My only worry with this one is the material. You guys think it’s similar to Iron Spider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's probably the same material, but this is actually supposed to be a leather suit she's wearing so I'm not really concerned about wrinkles appearing on this. And thankfully the ones I do see aren't nearly as ugly as on the ones on the IS figure.

Yeah it's probably the same material, but this is actually supposed to be a leather suit she's wearing so I'm not really concerned about wrinkles appearing on this. And thankfully the ones I do see aren't nearly as ugly as on the ones on the IS figure.

I agree I’m not worried about the creasing or wrinkles. Just articulation. That’s really the only reason I didn’t buy Iron Spider, but that should arguably be more dynamic than CM.

Good point.

Furthermore, I have to say I think that this is a character with a presence of sorts. In my eyes, she will benefit more from a powerful, story-telling museum pose over anything particularly dynamic; she falls into the Captain America camp of poses over someone like Dr. Strange.

Yeah unlike with IS, most of the poses they used in these proto pics don't look like they would cause much lasting damage. And are about as extreme as I'd want to get with the figure anyway.

I’d prefer the eyes swap out on the masked sculpt. From regular eyes to the light up ones

Right. The longevity of the eye swaps over small magnets for mouth swaps. The mouth swaps get looser and looser with time. The eye swaps are pretty firm

Good point.

Furthermore, I have to say I think that this is a character with a presence of sorts. In my eyes, she will benefit more from a powerful, story-telling museum pose over anything particularly dynamic; she falls into the Captain America camp of poses over someone like Dr. Strange.

I agree. I think she'll look good even with a semi-dynamic pose such as flying and having her arms to her side like an inverted 'V' with the energy effects. I also like having the Carol Danvers headsculpt with the jacket for the option of kitbashing.

This figure looks stunning! I cant wait to have this in my cabinet. I when from not being interested because I was sure it would have doll hair to it being in my top 5 of wants for this year. Not worried about the suit material because I will not be doing any posing with it. I just need it to stand and look great without toppling over.

This figure looks stunning! I cant wait to have this in my cabinet. I when from not being interested because I was sure it would have doll hair to it being in my top 5 of wants for this year. Not worried about the suit material because I will not be doing any posing with it. I just need it to stand and look great without toppling over.

This has been in my top 5 of wants since Marvel first announced they were doing a CM movie, and now that it's here it definitely does not disappoint.

I’d prefer the eyes swap out on the masked sculpt. From regular eyes to the light up ones

Iron Spidey had two separate heads to accomplish that, I don't think they can combine those features.

I doubt we'll get anything beyond Carol, but I really want a Skrull figure just to have them represented in some form. They're an important/consequential race of characters in the comics, more so than the Chitauri, Dark Elves or Outriders. I'd also consider a young Nick Fury just to show the arc of the character. And Im sure a lot of collectors wouldn't mind another shot at Coulson.

Iron Spidey had two separate heads to accomplish that, I don't think they can combine those features.

I doubt we'll get anything beyond Carol, but I really want a Skrull figure just to have them represented in some form. They're an important/consequential race of characters in the comics, more so than the Chitauri, Dark Elves or Outriders. I'd also consider a young Nick Fury just to show the arc of the character. And Im sure a lot of collectors wouldn't mind another shot at Coulson.

Just put the led and batteries in the portion that gets swapped out.

I'm still really excited for this figure, but I have to say the leather jacket doesn't look as nice as I'd expect from HT. Hopefully the material or tailoring improves there. I do agree the dark unlit eyes don't look great. I hope they switch it out for white ones.

I'm still really excited for this figure, but I have to say the leather jacket doesn't look as nice as I'd expect from HT. Hopefully the material or tailoring improves there. I do agree the dark unlit eyes don't look great. I hope they switch it out for white ones.

I think rather than having the blank white eyes shown in the release pics, HT may be going with color lenses so it lights up yellow like the mohawk. But I’m with you - I’d rather they be white so it looks good unlit as well.

From J.C Hong’s Instagram. I honestly think it’s pretty perfect, it’s gonna be a long couple of months lol 498D757C-4FEF-4618-97BD-B8D3B0AE40F6.jpeg

Back