1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That moment when you’re sat having a brew on a campsite 100 miles from your house and you get a text from DHL to say they’re going to deliver a day early. Bugger. Change date back to tomorrow...

Haha, yeah. And that text would never ever come when you're at home waiting for it right ! .......

I swapped the neck on my SS V2 Fett so he could wear the HT ESB helmet, but I'm wondering if the neck peg isn't all the way down on the ball in the neck hole in the chest. I can't seem to force it till it "pops" onto it, and I'm wondering if the larger hole in the neck itself is simply enveloping the smaller ball without any force. The collar keeps the head from moving around or falling out, but the neck seems a tad too long still.

Is it all the way in, or should I keep trying to force it down?

Did you try heating it up? It should fit nice and snug. Maybe SS used a different body on V2 Fett? Just to be clear i used the neck joint from a narrow shoulder knock-off....where the ball joint and socket are identical to that of SS V1 Fett.

Haha, yeah. And that text would never ever come when you're at home waiting for it right ! .......

Ha. Exactly! I’ve also got a SSC Probe Droid waiting to be picked up from a Parcelforce depot although there’s also duty to pay on that before I can get it. Can’t wait though... it’s always been a big part of ESB for me along with this fella. Just need to dye a ROTJ jumpsuit a little darker so I can complete the Prepro too.

$1,156!?!🤣😂😅
That's insane man! I think the Hasbro Vintage Collection Slave 1 is great for a large scale one.
It's interesting that the ship is listed as 71'; but when you see them loading Han in there, it's considerably less than that. I always was like "Hm, that's a real small ship. How does Fett sleep, eat, go to the bathroom and how does everything stay secure? Sure doesn't look like there's much room, not to mention it goes from horizontal to vertical."

Must be like The Defiant of Star Wars ships. "Though little ship"
..little?!

$1,156!?!������
That's insane man! I think the Hasbro Vintage Collection Slave 1 is great for a large scale one.
It's interesting that the ship is listed as 71'; but when you see them loading Han in there, it's considerably less than that. I always was like "Hm, that's a real small ship. How does Fett sleep, eat, go to the bathroom and how does everything stay secure? Sure doesn't look like there's much room, not to mention it goes from horizontal to vertical."

Must be like The Defiant of Star Wars ships. "Though little ship"
..little?!

Yeah it's pretty insane. A vintage Hasbro would definitely look cool. I think I might grab the lego one for sure. It's pretty big.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIO8Ne0CfkU

Yeah it's pretty insane. A vintage Hasbro would definitely look cool. I think I might grab the lego one for sure. It's pretty big.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIO8Ne0CfkU
Yep, Lego kits are always satisfying. I only collect the blind bag minifigs, but definitely enjoyed putting together a few sets that were my sons..lol - while he was busy watching TV.
Have you seen that gigantic Lego Millennium Falcon they have for sale on their website? It's $800!

The UCS Slave 1 by Lego is one of the best kits they’ve done and it’s ‘minifig scale’. I’m still tempted by a Hasbro one though... that and the 2010 Snowspeeder are in my list to convert.

Did you try heating it up? It should fit nice and snug. Maybe SS used a different body on V2 Fett? Just to be clear i used the neck joint from a narrow shoulder knock-off....where the ball joint and socket are identical to that of SS V1 Fett.

No, I didn't try heating it up. That's a good idea. I suspect it's all the way down, but it remains slightly taller than it does on the Hot Toys. It's not giraffed or anything, just a tad longer.

There's a surprising shortage of Pre-pro Fett pics in this thread, so here's mine. As with proto-Fett, I like to use actual photos for my poses as those are the only real memories I have of them since I was a kid.

While the figure isn't as lanky and no-necked as the person in the costume in this shot, I thought this pose captured my memory of pre-pro Fett well.

You can see side by side how off all the colors really are, but it still displays well. I dig it!

Pre-pro Comparison.jpg

Yep, Lego kits are always satisfying. I only collect the blind bag minifigs, but definitely enjoyed putting together a few sets that were my sons..lol - while he was busy watching TV.
Have you seen that gigantic Lego Millennium Falcon they have for sale on their website? It's $800!

Oh yeah.

There's a surprising shortage of Pre-pro Fett pics in this thread, so here's mine. As with proto-Fett, I like to use actual photos for my poses as those are the only real memories I have of them since I was a kid.

While the figure isn't as lanky and no-necked as the person in the costume in this shot, I thought this pose captured my memory of pre-pro Fett well.

You can see side by side how off all the colors really are, but it still displays well. I dig it!

View attachment 423179

Nice pics.

What are your thoughts on the paint overall? I seem to recall you painted the prototype of the Sideshow Fett.

Nice pics.

What are your thoughts on the paint overall? I seem to recall you painted the prototype of the Sideshow Fett.

Assuming you're referring to the ESB paint scheme, not the pre-pro, the paint is okay. I think Sideshow's V2 chest is closest to screen accurate. The pre-pro helmet is closest to the correct green the ESB should be, but HT ESB looks close enough in certain lighting compared to certain photos of actual. The SS V1 gauntlets are best, as is the V1 jetpack (which shouldn't have such obvious grappling hooks). And the SS shoulder and knees are better than HT.

The SS V2 suit is closer to the pre-pro color, while HT suit is best for ESB, which means I may do a painstaking swap at some point. I like the HT ESB shoes for pre-pro, but SS V2 looks better for ESB. SS V1 blaster is best.

My personal ESB is using V2 with V1 gauntlets, pack, and blaster and HT ESB helmet (because it's shape and visor are better, and the red pops more).

Back