1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I mean if you can accept the bulbous left gauntlet and the other out-of-true-scale items all over Fett because he's 1/6th, then who cares about a slightly small jetpack that is hardly ever visible on his backside?

Just sayin'

Personally, I think the above looks pretty damn good. But I know, like all figures, once everyone gets used to it, the OCD will kick in the exact even more accuracy where possible.

But the idea of using the SS pack is, to me, like when people said use the Hasbro helmet for Vader. I'm like, whaaaaaaaaaaaat? OCD can, at times, be blinding. Can't see the forest for the trees comes to mind.

Yeah I'm kinda feeling the same way about this. Right now I'm happy with the overall higher quality of the HT figure, and feel like creating some hybrid of SS and HT parts would just make it feel cheaper somehow.

The 'rocket' on the right looks a lot better than the one on the left.
Ohhhhh, da-umm..snap! Wor sayin' the Hot Toys one makes the Sideshow look like she-yat.
In all seriousness though, I've been debating on mixing parts. Plus, if I use the SS gauntlets, the left one won't have that wiring detail. Jetpack, not so much an issue switching. Buuuuut, I kinda like keepin' things stock, or at least when it comes to my Star Wars stuff.

The 'rocket' on the right looks a lot better than the one on the left.
We'll give HT the better looking rocket...but the jetpack itself is just a recast of the ROTJ version and not accurate to TESB.
I'm really interested in why the V1 gauntlets are better? That's the one I own, but I thought V2 was superior due to the extra/more accurate paint on the right gauntlet. Plus, I thought the V2 blaster was accurate due to the more silver barrel end. So yeah, definitely want to know why the V1 gauntlets are better; so I can feel better about using them lol.

Sculpt wise HT has the better blaster/rifle...both SS versions are inaccurate.

Everyone knows...
You NEVER go full OCD!

ZXsEHZW.jpg

Sculpt wise HT has the better blaster/rifle...both SS versions are inaccurate.
I'm not talking comparing the HT to the SS blasters; really just wanting to know why Silent Surfer thinks the V1 gauntlets are better than the V2. But yeah, I think the V2 blaster is better than V1 due to the brighter silver.
But speaking of the HT version, I kinda prefer the SS one..due to the coloring (like the grip) being a more accurate colour and the sling is correct. There wasn't an adjustable sling on the real thing. I'm definitely not a fan of how SS doesn't make the sight lenses look real.
With all that being said, I'll probably still use the HT one lol.

is the neck longer or helmet sits higher on head? hoping so, i go to great lengths when posin my ROTJ HT fett to expose neck as much as possible to capture screen look.

is the neck longer or helmet sits higher on head? hoping so, i go to great lengths when posin my ROTJ HT fett to expose neck as much as possible to capture screen look.
As far as I know, it's the exact same body/neck as the ROTJ Fett. So if you want more neck exposed, you can 'half it' - as in don't pop the helmet on all the way.

HOT TOYS BOBA FETT.jpg

I know everyone will be bored of Boba Fett photos popping up now that the SSC stock is arriving but here's mine anyway. Prepro, ESB and ROTJ. All just stock.
I picked up quite a cheap ROTJ Fett and sold off everything that wasn't needed for the Prepro so the jumpsuit is still grey but I'll be dying it a darker colour (I want it darker than the ESB blue anyway). I still think it looks OK in grey as it is but I'll be happier when it's closer to the promo shots colouring.

I'm really happy with them as a trio. I'll be sticking with stock items (or only attempting slight and easy mods at some point... maybe) but I'll be watching McHaley create something eerily accurate and spectacular with great interest.

I was excited to have an updated ESB Fett in my collection, but suprisingly I'm actually liking the Pre-pro look even more.

I used several ROTJ parts I got from TA, dyed his girth belt darker, removed padding, used the Sideshow V2 jumpsuit, and the PP2 extras.

20180818_080041_zpsmhtga3ky.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was also able to work on the ESB version as well... removed fat suit, weathered the lower pant legs a little, swapped out the guantlets for the Sideshow V2 ones.

20180818_093741_zpsg65c8ucz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally got Fett yesterday and was able to pose him up. Now all my bounty hunters are together at last.

54c16df65c4f593326ccff5a1543b5d8.jpg

8bff2675043fda97d91c9ed86844430d.jpg

I was excited to have an updated ESB Fett in my collection, but suprisingly I'm actually liking the Pre-pro look even more.

I used several ROTJ parts I got from TA, dyed his girth belt darker, removed padding, used the Sideshow V2 jumpsuit, and the PP2 extras.

20180818_080041_zpsmhtga3ky.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is the sideshow v2 suit really that blue or did you dye it as well? That looks fantastic.

Is the sideshow v2 suit really that blue or did you dye it as well? That looks fantastic.

Thanks! The V2 suit really is that vibrant almost denim colored blue.

I was also suprised that the stock ESB suit is more blue and weathered than I expected- huge improvement over the lack of weathering on the ROTJ suit.

I'm really happy with them as a trio. I'll be sticking with stock items (or only attempting slight and easy mods at some point... maybe) but I'll be watching McHaley create something eerily accurate and spectacular with great interest.

Thanks...it’s been interesting and much harder than I originally thought, getting the proportions right enough to be really happy with the results. There’s one or two little things I still want to do, but I think I’ve got Fett were I want him. I’ll post more pics (turns) and the full recipe breakdown in the Fett modification thread later tonight.
42189967f7bed2be1cff666de76ed632.jpg
3d1e1df71513890ea6c2afda7b78610c.jpg
76046c250c28069a544e8ebbab0b7a4c.jpg
5395183822aef3bc45bf34f7ce6ca438.jpg
b30c852a5b42ab8502dbaf579c7cc1c1.jpg
9723265291a69844c4901c136ecdd85e.jpg
cd7a363f66f7654ca07de09ea2f27e69.jpg
a247f804c8afd6c8fde8620eb62ee191.jpg

Back