1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These shots capture the updated helmet pretty well. Was holding out on ordering until production pics came. Ordered -- went with the regular due to price difference but I really like some of the deluxe parts, especially the gauntlets. Wasn't fully satisfied with the ROTJ version, but this one looks a bit better.

36829624_10155608388602344_265038141163831296_o.jpg

36869937_10155608386012344_7766080493631569920_o.jpg

36860332_10155608385297344_8588527251476185088_o.jpg

36844815_10155608386237344_6607148113574494208_o.jpg

36806993_10155608386167344_7894677208952733696_o.jpg

36910224_10155608386372344_5081580085132132352_o.jpg

This pic shows how much wider the helmet is as well.
c11ec6f79bd0969109d5e3f72534b52d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Welp, I bought the ROTJ version a few months ago because the prototypes helmet sculpt was so bad on this one. I feel like a fool, and now am very much pondering having two Boba Fetts on my shelf. That's not too ridiculous, is it?? The real question is, will my girlfriend notice?

Welp, I bought the ROTJ version a few months ago because the prototypes helmet sculpt was so bad on this one. I feel like a fool, and now am very much pondering having two Boba Fetts on my shelf. That's not too ridiculous, is it?? The real question is, will my girlfriend notice?

I have ROTJ Boba and have preordered ESB Boba. Let me know what explanation you come up with because I'll need one if my wife even notices.

Was planning to pair ROTJ Boba with ROTJ Luke and have ESB Boba with a Solo in carbonite.

Even if the helmet isn't 100% accurate I am just happy they actually improved the proto. I'm not hardcore Fett enough to spot the inaccuracies now that they reworked it. Those gloves need a light brushing of nuln oil though. Overall it looks great!

I have 4 Fetts already, and this will be #5, and Mythos will be #6.

I guess I’m lucky my wife has absolutely no interest in this stuff and wouldn’t notice the difference between Boba Fett and and a cheesburger. I think she tries to ignore my collection as much as possible lol

I guess I’m lucky my wife has absolutely no interest in this stuff and wouldn’t notice the difference between Boba Fett and and a cheesburger. I think she tries to ignore my collection as much as possible lol

:lol It's true.

I try to stay away from her "shoe collection" as well for the same reasons.

There are still things wrong about it, and it's beyond frustrating how they can get these helmets right, but that being said, it still screams ESB Boba to me, even more than the ROTJ Boba did at his release.

As good as it looks I think it’s a pass for me. I’m not a big enough Boba Fett fan and having the Return of the Jedi version is enough for me. Plus Hot Toys is hitting us hard with all these early releases so I don’t think I can squeeze it in to the budget.

Thank you for posting this!

Unless there's some serious lens distortion going on in the video, this revised helmet is still off in several areas. From the front, the whole helmet is too narrow, and the vertical section of the visor seems maybe a bit too long. From the profile, HT sculptors still don't seem to understand the sloping of the front half and the proportions between back half and front half. And the back off the helmet seems to be colored incorrectly; the darker area should be more blueish in tint.

I took some screen shots of the review video to get similar comparisons to the movie helmet from the front, back, and both sides.

View attachment 416906

And here's the front view so the HT and movie helmets can be compared closer together.

View attachment 416911

It could be just due to angles and lens distortion, but the HT helmet as it appears in the video has a visor which rounds too far. The front half of the helmet extends too far forward and skews the overall look. It should seem flatter and wider.

Some improvements for sure, but it seems there might be enough still wrong to keep it from being as accurate as HT could have made it. But for the less OCD collectors than me, the nitpicks certainly aren't going to keep it from being a damn cool Fett figure (which it definitely is), and therefore the best choice out there for an ESB version of Boba Fett.

Good analysis, ajp.:clap

Though yeah, hard to say for sure with so little imagery to go on and it being so early.

This looks to be easily the best 1/6 Fett thus far - overall right out of the box - though it also illustrates just how very difficult it is to nail the subtleties of the helmet shape, the unique mix of colors ESB Fett has, and the way the costume hangs. Especially on a mass-produced fig like this.

Looking forward to seeing more in-hand pics and glad it's shipping early. This seems to be becoming a trend for HT - finally a positive trend in 1/6.:lol

Man the bloggers really went crazy with the colorful backdrops this time. That first shot is really cool though.

Yeah, looking back at them I just had a blue dress/gold dress moment and thought they made his knee pads red by mistake, especially in that first photo I posted.

I have 4 Fetts already, and this will be #5, and Mythos will be #6.

Haha my girlfriend always asks what all the guys’ wifes say about their collections on these forums and how they get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, looking back at them I just had a blue dress/gold dress moment and thought they made his knee pads red by mistake, especially in that first photo I posted.

Well, they do seem to have made the Sacros K-11 disintegrator blaster pistol red, which is super bizarre. Even moreso than the black wrist pegs (okay, maybe not that bizarre).

Haha my girlfriend always asks what all the guys’ wifes say about their collections on these forums and how they get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told my wife I wanted to buy a new car and she was like "stop buying so many figures every month." of course I argued and said//"like you buying all those Coach purses..waste...of money..haaa."

Back