1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was almost hoping this one wouldn't turn out so great so I could just be happy with my SS v2 hahahahah

no such luck, the deluxe version will be mine

If I can sell my SS V2 than I'm buying this. Otherwise I'll simply look for the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they have to be side by side for us to see the changes, then the changes can't be that significant?
I am no Boba Fett expert. And I really think the ESB one looks the same like the ROTJ one... So why is this the best Boba Fett? And why is that pre prod version so important for some of you?
Sorry for the nooby questions and thanx :)

Looks good in the ToysTV review. (English review is being uploaded soon according to their channel). The helmet has definitely been updated. And the swap to the proto costume at the end of the video looks great too. Going to use my HT ROTJ Fett and stick some of those parts on him. The suit I think still needs to be dyed for the ESB version; looks too grey.

I think it's time to say bye bye to my SS v1 Fett Ex and upgrade to this guy... Hmmm...

Wonder how long this will last for PO. I hate PO'ing these days till there's lots of in hand images and comparisons. I like Fett and all, but I don't need the "best", and I'm still happy with my SS Fett. Although the upgrade wouldn't cost me anything. I have nearly enough SS RP's to get him for free plus whatever I get if I sell my SS figure.

Such hard decisions... :gah:

:rotfl

Looks good in the ToysTV review. (English review is being uploaded soon according to their channel). The helmet has definitely been updated. And the swap to the proto costume at the end of the video looks great too. Going to use my HT ROTJ Fett and stick some of those parts on him. The suit I think still needs to be dyed for the ESB version; looks too grey.

The suit color is the main thing making me want to keep my SS V2. I'm thinking I'll get the deluxe and display him as the proto, then maybe swap the regular ESB helmet and maybe the gauntlets on my SS if it's truly better than that one in hand.

I think it's time to say bye bye to my SS v1 Fett Ex and upgrade to this guy... Hmmm...

Wonder how long this will last for PO. I hate PO'ing these days till there's lots of in hand images and comparisons. I like Fett and all, but I don't need the "best", and I'm still happy with my SS Fett. Although the upgrade wouldn't cost me anything. I have nearly enough SS RP's to get him for free plus whatever I get if I sell my SS figure.

Such hard decisions... :gah:

:rotfl

Yeah that's where I'm at too. I can see this is an upgrade, but I've never been a gigantic fan of the character and I've had my SS Fett for so long that I just don't feel an urgent need to get another one right now.

Wonder what this helmet will look like on the ROTJ Fett. Not much else looks like any significant improvement over that version.

Wonder what this helmet will look like on the ROTJ Fett. Not much else looks like any significant improvement over that version.

But the ROTJ helmet is not supposed to look like the ESB helmet, so I’m pretty sure that’s not a good idea.

Yeah that's where I'm at too. I can see this is an upgrade, but I've never been a gigantic fan of the character and I've had my SS Fett for so long that I just don't feel an urgent need to get another one right now.

Yep same boat for me. SS Fett was my first ever 1/6 figure. So he's not going anywhere. I'm also not willing to pay that much just to have a slightly different helmet or colour. So I'll just be watching the photos and videos here on the sideline.

I have the v1 SS purchased for $170 Can back in the day (miss those prices). I will get the HT version but keep my SS (which I do love)

May have to sell my HT ROTJ Fett EX. This looks cool. I wonder if anyone is even looking for it since this is coming out?

Yep same boat for me. SS Fett was my first ever 1/6 figure. So he's not going anywhere. I'm also not willing to pay that much just to have a slightly different helmet or colour. So I'll just be watching the photos and videos here on the sideline.

Honestly I'm sure it'll be much more than just different helmet and color. All the detailing will most likely be much better as well as the HT base body which makes for such better natural poses and stuff. If history repeats, Sideshows weapons will be better, but that's about it.

I really dont want it to be better since I've already paid full price for Sideshows V1 and V2 ESB Fett's, but that's wishful thinking right there lol

Last edited:
But the ROTJ helmet is not supposed to look like the ESB helmet, so I’m pretty sure that’s not a good idea.

Colorwise, it's not, but the ESB helmet was recast and used a stunt helmet (painted ROTJ colors, of course) in the sail barge/sarlacc scences. Inside Jabba's palace, the helmet was totally different, except for the extra scenes shot for the special edition in the '90s which also used a repainted recast of the Empire helmet, which is why you'll find millennials who never saw the theatrical version (in the theater or on HBO or VHS) and will argue vehemently that the only thing that the only change made to the helmet in between movies was the paintjob.

Honestly I'm sure it'll be much more than just different helmet and color. All the detailing will most likely be much better as well as the HT base body which makes for such better natural poses and stuff. If history

I really dont want it to be better since I've already paid full price for Sideshows V1 and V2 ESB Fett's, but that's wishful thinking right there lol

It's really just a function of how strong your OCD is or how much money you have [emoji3][emoji3]

Back