1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its in there best interest to not get it exactly right. Otherwise, why would people want to keep buying "better" figures!!!

Its in there best interest to not get it exactly right. Otherwise, why would people want to keep buying "better" figures!!!

Well I'm not going to buy this, and I'm sure others wont too, if it doesn't change so it's definitely in their best interest to get it right.

Well I'm not going to buy this, and I'm sure others wont too, if it doesn't change so it's definitely in their best interest to get it right.
Exactly. Plus, they're so captivated by the newer movies (can't blame them for going after the current thing, although they could be blamed for the timing on some of their releases), it's unlikely Hot Toys would make an ESB Boba Fett 2.0, at least not for a long time. He's not Iron Man.

Have the Deluxe on order, breaking my 'one figure per character' rule. Gonna have to decide which Boba will be displayed with the rest of the OT. The other will get a solo spot and the best extra bits. :)

The discontent with Hot Toys Fetts always leads back to the question of what keeps them from looking more like the actual Boba Fett from the movies. Is it just the helmet? Is it the armor? Is it the body? Or, is it a combination of things? Well, I want to see if I can help (at least a little bit, hopefully). I put together this image from pics I took of the same basic HT Boba (ROTJ, obviously), with different elements added/replaced for comparison.

In all three, the HT padding has been removed. Once you take out that padding, I think the HT body is proportioned very adequately for a Boba Fett. The one on the far left is all stock HT, the middle one is just a helmet swap, and the one on the far right has things I changed to give it more of a ESB vibe.

BobaSideBySide02.jpg

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions. I just hope this adds a visual benefit when trying to assess what's wrong with HT Boba Fett.

I've preordered the Regular.

Fingers crossed the figure is tweaked.
Is email or FB the best way to harass Hot Toys about the inaccuracies?

Email is probably best. They seem to pay attention to Facebook and Instagram, but the jury is out on that. I get the feeling people could Tweet things at them all day and it wouldn't matter.

Hate to admit but the untweaked helmet has not motivated me to sell my ROTJ Fett.
My ultimate goal was to have an ESB Fett. What do I do?

The discontent with Hot Toys Fetts always leads back to the question of what keeps them from looking more like the actual Boba Fett from the movies. Is it just the helmet? Is it the armor? Is it the body? Or, is it a combination of things? Well, I want to see if I can help (at least a little bit, hopefully). I put together this image from pics I took of the same basic HT Boba (ROTJ, obviously), with different elements added/replaced for comparison.

In all three, the HT padding has been removed. Once you take out that padding, I think the HT body is proportioned very adequately for a Boba Fett. The one on the far left is all stock HT, the middle one is just a helmet swap, and the one on the far right has things I changed to give it more of a ESB vibe.

View attachment 389222

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions. I just hope this adds a visual benefit when trying to assess what's wrong with HT Boba Fett.

That medicom helmet looks pretty great, for the work involved I would go with the middle pic.

View attachment 389222

Very helpful picture. Interesting that the medi Vest/chest armor looks more 1/6 Scale than the Hot Toys one. It’s maybe a bit narrower but the fact that it’s longer helps eliminate some of the issues with the Hot Toys one. Hmmmmm

Edit: see that the cheat armor is custom. Nicely done.

Last edited:
Seeing all these great customs is really creating the desire to build my own. I just feel the timing couldn't be worse buying the medicom and marmit versions though, if HT might end up making improvements to theirs.

i don't think it's a great indication, but a few years ago for the predator 2 elder 2.0, after the initial announcement pics and what i assume was fan feedback, they DID update/improve the face sculpt AND corrected the gauntlets and feet. there is hope. maybe. hopefully. i really want this to be awesome and not "close enough".

Looking at that comparison pic I think the Medicom helmet and gauntlets would be enough if nothing changes on the HT version. I think a little work on the gloves might be in order but with the padding removed from the body it looks more like a skinny bloke in a suit. The belt and cape will be fine on the HT ESB version (the ROTJ shown here is obviously out). If they can get the Helmet and gauntlets right I think I'd be perfectly happy.

Everyone who wants Hot Toys to fix the helmet on this figure should e-mail Hot Toys: [email protected] and forward them this picture:

Boba Comparison.jpg

The visor needs to be shortened, angled forward slightly with more of an indented curve up the jawline. This is the biggest problem with the helmet. Also, the eye slit in the visor should be slightly more narrow, and the top of the dome should be slightly shorter. A more blueish/grey flight suit would also be more screen accurate, and reflect the Kenner Boba Fett toys we grew up with.

Seeing all these great customs is really creating the desire to build my own. I just feel the timing couldn't be worse buying the medicom and marmit versions though, if HT might end up making improvements to theirs.

Yes I would wait to see what happens. I have an extra medicom fett never opened I would sell for retail, which I think was 150 back in the day. (When most figures were about 90). I would wait though.

View attachment 389222

Superb work. What's interesting is the medi sculpt doesn't even look that undersized there.

Everyone who wants Hot Toys to fix the helmet on this figure should e-mail Hot Toys: [email protected] and forward them this picture:

View attachment 389347

The visor needs to be shortened, angled forward slightly with more of an indented curve up the jawline. This is the biggest problem with the helmet. Also, the eye slit in the visor should be slightly more narrow, and the top of the dome should be slightly shorter. A more blueish/grey flight suit would also be more screen accurate, and reflect the Kenner Boba Fett toys we grew up with.

It might be worth sending this picture along as well to remind Hot Toys that both triangle indents above the visor should both actually be triangles as opposed to one triangle and...well...a not fully formed triangle.
Boba Fett Helmet comparison.jpg

View attachment 389222

wow that Medicom helmet looks wayyy better than Hot Toys. I have the Boba HT ROTJ and that helmet really bug me too.

Back