1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Think the Medicom still looks the the best proportionally than the HT or SS efforts. It's just a shame that the figure is more 1/7 than 1/6

so5mjs.jpg

May just cancel this and get the SS one. It just doesn't look good. Even the paint apps don't look good.

I'll stick with my ROTJ version for now. I still hope that final product will be good enough si i would be convinced enough to sell rotj and get esb.

I Think the Medicom still looks the the best proportionally than the HT or SS efforts. It's just a shame that the figure is more 1/7 than 1/6

View attachment 389100
The only thing that really bothers me about the medi is the 1st version (i think they made a 2nd version but could be wrong), used that brittle body. Also, just an extra set of hands, but what else would he come with I guess?
I still want that digital timer on his chest to actually work but it is probably too much trouble to design and implement, besides hot toys would put the on/off switch under the clothes probably instead of the armor.

Photos lie, movies lie -- lighting and lens change everything.

There's no way to get an exact figure from the movie because, as was said, every shot can be different.

That's a great idea for HT: make scene specific figures for the truly OCD.

Like: Vader from the Tantive choking scene, then Vader from the Convo with Leia scene, and Vader from his entrance -- collect all three Vaders from the Tantive! Coming soon: Vader versions from the Death Star Corridors... walking alone down hall; walking alone down hall 2 (noticing Ben's presence), etc
But it's still a little irksome when hasbro can get close to perfect on their smaller scale figures...and HT keep failing...then again maybe they just don't have the love to get it right..

That's how I feel. The helmet should be the one thing they get 100%. The smaller details have some leeway, but the helmet is what everyone looks at most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Agree...i too can live with small inaccuracies on armor detail etc...but the head/helmet sculpt needs to be somewhere close to accurate..

But it's still a little irksome when hasbro can get close to perfect on their smaller scale figures...and HT keep failing...then again maybe they just don't have the love to get it right..

Agree...i too can live with small inaccuracies on armor detail etc...but the head/helmet sculpt needs to be somewhere close to accurate..

Hasbro mynock mask. Looks pretty accurate.

262ba48f0d65d1f47f70357445785eb2.jpg

After seeing some awesome customs in here that really capture the proportions much better, this almost looks frumpy to me now, or like a kid wearing his dad's clothes...

Wish I could un-see those customs now :lol

Re Regular version: Right from the background images from ESB Vader through his own pre order images Fett has looked off. The lack of futzing at secret base does nor help his case either. It looks like a child put on his blaster. The proto has not captured the “essence” of the character like many of the custom images a few pages down have. I have this on preorder but will wait for Production pieces to make decision. Currently I own V1 SS with HT ROTJ belt and backpack and he looks fantastic!!

After seeing some awesome customs in here that really capture the proportions much better, this almost looks frumpy to me now, or like a kid wearing his dad's clothes...

Wish I could un-see those customs now :lol

That was my issue with the ROTJ. He looks too thick. Hard to pinpoint exactly where each things that's off is, but the legs come across as being too thick due to the under suit padding. It's improved when that is removed but then some of the armor doesn't fit as snugly since it was made to fit over the suit+padding.

Here's Kuat's from the ROTJ thread. Someone mentioned earlier but it seems like the chest armor is maybe too small or short. Again there's so many pieces to Fett's costume that it's hard to tell if there's just a couple off pieces that would solve everything if they were fixed (eg, the helmet), or if everything is just a bit off.

:lecture It's a big improvement. Seems a bit of a waste for HT to have put the padded suit on him in the first place.

28058379520_36c9c6bf78_o.jpg

I hope you guys have all voiced your opinions to HT via Facebook, email, or Instagram. I did on Facebook and may say something to JC on Insta as well.

Thank you! Much appreciated.

I don't think relying on photos would deter HT (or any company) from producing accurate details. All you need is this one single photo to know what color(s) certain parts on the gauntlet should be, what features it should have, how the digital component on the chest should be sized, how thick the rifle barrel should be, etc. After all this time, I'm amazed that no company seems to understand that the white ridged section of the gloves extends over the knuckles; any single photo will tell you this. :lol Therefore, I think we can conclude that "close enough" is what they're aiming for. If they were aiming higher, you actually wouldn't need more than just photos to achieve it (and not even need too many).

View attachment 389008

For the price, "close enough" don't cut it. Send em' the message by saving your money for something that does.

I hope you guys have all voiced your opinions to HT via Facebook, email, or Instagram. I did on Facebook and may say something to JC on Insta as well.

I emailed them as soon as I seen the photos of it. I think if they hear enough of "I'm not buying it because it's not accurate" then they will get their finger out and sort it.

I emailed them as soon as I seen the photos of it. I think if they hear enough of "I'm not buying it because it's not accurate" then they will get their finger out and sort it.

Sideshow does an even worse job. Their new PF Boba is comical.

To me this figure is as much an update of the classic Kenner 12 inch as it is Bulloch (or whoever it was) in the pre-production pics so that's one reason I'm not too bent out of shape about the inaccuracies. Of course if they did improve the visor and a couple other details I certainly wouldn't complain.

To me this figure is as much an update of the classic Kenner 12 inch as it is Bulloch (or whoever it was) in the pre-production pics so that's one reason I'm not too bent out of shape about the inaccuracies. Of course if they did improve the visor and a couple other details I certainly wouldn't complain.
pDyzA.gif

I emailed them and let them know in detail what was wrong with the helmet on Instagram (that "Can you spot the difference?" post was just inviting scrutiny), as well. I also had Mrs. Griffin and a couple of friends who aren't even collectors email them.

Back