1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally have this figure with Jabba, so I have it decked out in the ROTJ gear.

boba-01.jpg
boba-02.jpg
boba-03.jpg
boba-04.jpg
boba-05.jpg

Waitlist finally converted for the Deluxe version, add in a coupon + rewards + free shipping was $222 shipped!!!

Looks Gorgeous Ton Ton. It reminds me of a custom I saw once where someone repainted the ESB helmet for their ROTJ Fett. I think it's a great look.

Great photos!! Absolutely enjoying my deluxe Boba. One of my favorite SW figures for sure. Need to get him re-posed this weekend.

Love the mods but this fig also looks pretty damn good without mods and is far and away the best "out of the box" Fett.

It looks good, but doesn?t look that much like ESB Fett.

Are you talking the figure-out-of-the-box or the custom one above? Out-of-box i'm guessing?

Hot toys is AWFUL with gloves. Looks plasticy every time. One area the SSC ones always do good with, IMO.

I swear the Mythos Fett by Sideshow has a nicer chest piece than the HT ESB one

Are you talking the figure-out-of-the-box or the custom one above? Out-of-box i'm guessing?

Hot toys is AWFUL with gloves. Looks plasticy every time. One area the SSC ones always do good with, IMO.

I swear the Mythos Fett by Sideshow has a nicer chest piece than the HT ESB one

Do you have a side-by-side pic of the two chest pieces? At a glance I thought the Mythos chest armor pieces didn't quite look to be the correct shape, but it was just the one pic so might have been distorted by the angle. The chest armor's hard to see in most pics because it's hidden by the cloaks.

And yeah, all the HT Fett hands are shiny and soft sculpts. Really not sure what happened there. My favorites hands are actually the Marmit ones.

Overall I really hate the Sideshow hands though, nearly always something wrong - the Hoth Luke/han hands oversized and clunky poses, the Biker scout hands too skinny fingers, the Indy TOD ones slightly oversized, the ATAT driver/Snowie Commander and Snowtrooper ones are like oven mitts, new Jabba hands literally twice the size they should be... I could go on (Tusken hands undersized, the TIE pilot ones look like they were carved out of stone... all right I'll stop now:lol)

That being said, there are a few SSC hands I like though - Luke Snowspeeder/Dengar, Luke X-wing and the old Praji gloved hands for example.

I apologize in advance for the flash

View attachment 477801

the fabric on the mythos is attached, but that's an easy fix

If you'd like, I can take a direct daylight pic (when daylight lol)

the esb one is a tad darker.....too dark imo. the gloves on the esb is v2 of the Sideshow ESB fett. I like the Marmit ones but prefer the sideshow for whatever reason. Marmit was so ahead of the curve for the time. Bummed their Vader never got made.

I will say the Mythos Fett body is pure trash......the most floppy body I've seen from Sideshow; the mythos obi wan is great......sideshow is just weird at times, but I love the shape of the chest on the mythos. I am NO expert on Fett, and know you guys know the suit much better than I. Sometimes I feel ignorance is bliss lol.

I missed out on the extra chest piece from toy anxiety and monkey depot. ebay wants an outrageous amount at the moment for pieces. (no shocker). If I can score an extra chest of the mythos, gonna use that for HT ESB Fett.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for the flash

View attachment 477801

the fabric on the mythos is attached, but that's an easy fix

If you'd like, I can take a direct daylight pic (when daylight lol)

the esb one is a tad darker.....too dark imo. the gloves on the esb is v2 of the Sideshow ESB fett. I like the Marmit ones but prefer the sideshow for whatever reason. Marmit was so ahead of the curve for the time. Bummed their Vader never got made.

I will say the Mythos Fett body is pure trash......the most floppy body I've seen from Sideshow; the mythos obi wan is great......sideshow is just weird at times, but I love the shape of the chest on the mythos. I am NO expert on Fett, and know you guys know the suit much better than I. Sometimes I feel ignorance is bliss lol.

I missed out on the extra chest piece from toy anxiety and monkey depot. ebay wants an outrageous amount at the moment for pieces. (no shocker). If I can score an extra chest of the mythos, gonna use that for HT ESB Fett.

The HT ESB chest armor seems almost perfect to me, even though it doesn't work for ROTJ. The shape on the Mythos one is wrong not only in shapes (the two upper lung-shaped pieces aren't elongated enough and the bottom bell-shaped piece isn't tall enough) but also in spacing. The Mythos one has the armor pieces too widely spaced.

I recently got the Mythos helemt and was quite disappointed with it - it's actually quite similar to the ill-fated HT ROTJ helmet. It's only positives to me are the squint (the black "T" is prefectly proportioned) and the paint. It's possible if it could be splayed out wider that it might look a bit better. While the Marmit still remains the best helmet sculpt overall, if the squint (the width of the horizontal part of the "T") can be modded on the HT ESB to make it a bit narrower at the center, it is pretty close to accurate.

I recently did a side-by-side of a bunch of 1/6 Fett helmets and the HT ESB really jumped out as the best overall, despite a few issues.

The HT ESB chest armor seems almost perfect to me, even though it doesn't work for ROTJ. The shape on the Mythos one is wrong not only in shapes (the two upper lung-shaped pieces aren't elongated enough and the bottom bell-shaped piece isn't tall enough) but also in spacing. The Mythos one has the armor pieces too widely spaced.

I recently got the Mythos helemt and was quite disappointed with it - it's actually quite similar to the ill-fated HT ROTJ helmet. It's only positives to me are the squint (the black "T" is prefectly proportioned) and the paint. It's possible if it could be splayed out wider that it might look a bit better. While the Marmit still remains the best helmet sculpt overall, if the squint (the width of the horizontal part of the "T") can be modded on the HT ESB to make it a bit narrower at the center, it is pretty close to accurate.

I recently did a side-by-side of a bunch of 1/6 Fett helmets and the HT ESB really jumped out as the best overall, despite a few issues.

I really do like the HT figure but the proportions never seemed quite right to me. The helmet shape is great but it seems oversized and then the chest seems undersized so the two accentuate each other. In certain poses those issues disappear, but I've never felt like it was a perfect figure.

I really do like the HT figure but the proportions never seemed quite right to me. The helmet shape is great but it seems oversized and then the chest seems undersized so the two accentuate each other. In certain poses those issues disappear, but I've never felt like it was a perfect figure.

A couple of years before the HT ESB Fett came out, I was building a custom Fett and did a super close study of ref pics (mostly from the RPF but other sources too) and tried to replicate the armor plate pieces in 1/6 out of styrene that were pretty much exact. I did finish those armor pieces but never painted them (due to the HT ESB Fett being announced) and when I place them over the HT armor pieces, they are very close to mine. So I guess that makes the chest about right.

As for the helmet, it's hard to say - it's certainly a little larger than the Marmit (which doesn't have enough flair but can be tweaked) but other than width-wise it's similar in size to other 1/6 Fetts. I have it next to the new SSC Mythos and older HT ROTJ Fett. The "face length"/T-height is the same between the HT ESB and SSC Mythos (a helmet some have said is undersized,) as is the height of the dome. Where they differ is in the width.

The reality is, many display their Fett next to their HT Vader, and all the HT Vader helmets are at least 10% oversized, so an oversized Fett helmet may be what you need.:slap:lol

Fett is super tough to get the proportions right on though.

Back