Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trengence, it looks like the HT helmet is too big/wide and the PF helmet dome is way too curved/high ... I guess the perfect helmet would be a mix of the two =/

Please could you give is a quick feedback about the pros/cons of each one ? I tend to think HT is superior on almost every aspect but I might be wrong...

Trengence, it looks like the HT helmet is too big/wide and the PF helmet dome is way too curved/high ... I guess the perfect helmet would be a mix of the two =/

Please could you give is a quick feedback about the pros/cons of each one ? I tend to think HT is superior on almost every aspect but I might be wrong...

They both actually look exactly the same, sculptwise, but my camera sucks. I'll copy and paste from the Boba PF thread, where I had a disagreement with Another member. You can also find more photos of the PF there

The hot toys Boba is truly art, heck is say the same of the PF, but I will say both pieces are easily worth the money.

When I got my HT Boba, he came broken, and after I got a replacement, all anyone who has him, the toy anxiety that comes with posing him us extreme. I was sweating bullets every time I turned a joint or used pressure, because the figure feels like its going to fall apart at any time. Also, the ankle and arm joints suck, and make most poses impossible, if not extremely difficult or stressful.

The paint apps on both are fantastic, and they both have the pinched visor, and are equally innacurate. I don't have a professional camera or equipment, so since of the angles are a little off, and the curtains and walls next to the figures are yellow/off white, so it probably affected the color a bit. The PF helmet looks MUCH better in person.

The stands on both pieces are excellent, but I'd say the HT Fett is a little too big for most collectors or people with limited space. The capes are the same, material and posability wise, so that comes down to actual design preference between the two.

The only two things I will say HT did better was the box, and the fact that the figure does seem a little fuller.

Here is a shoot of the actual pose of my Boba Fett:
uploadfromtaptalk1455892823938.jpg

Unfortunately no space to stand him on his base at the moment.

1/4 kaiser stands. Very simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys ,

I recently got my Boba . I am a Boba Fett costume nerd , I can tell you now this figure is 99 % ACCURATE so I dont undertsand why all the hate for this beast of a figure.
The helmet is perfect and looks bang on and believe me ive studied the costume for years. The wookie braids could look dirtier , but they are accurate to the movie, but would better if they were made from horse hair. The tools are accurate , the cape is accurate, the weathering is accurate as it can be, .

My only three nit picks.
The gloves should be light grey , but can forgive Hot Toys because the gloves change colour from Jabbas palace to the sail barge scene.
The hoses from the right arm guantlett , should have a clear or semi clear vynil tube over them .
The chest armour should of had either a fake led display or an actual one .

The materials and of the suit, flak vest and spats and belt pockets, and note *** colours ** are perfect . Past Boba figures have had a leathery pleathery flak vest , but should actually be a twill, wet weather fishing vest type of material , and hot toys nailed it . perfect material and lool and style, especially the neck seal and shoulder parts. The shoulder parts have never been this perfect , and always seem to miss the look of the padded quilted look and style.

It would have been awesome for hot toys to incorporate some real wood and metals to the gun for that realism feel and look.

Guys this is a good priced figure and very nice and mostly accurate . i think the issue is people rather buy the 1/6 version when he comes out .

The belt could do with some minor weatheirng , and the flight suit could look a little dirtier. but thats easy to fix with Tamiya weathering kits.

H+****

the magnet just dropped inside the jetpack and i cant open it up to reglue it . now it rattles like a ***n money box with no lid to take the money out :-(

So in your opinion the Helmet is not too big and the shape of the T visor is fine ? Everyone thinks the upper bar of the T is not narrow enough

Hey Guys ,

I recently got my Boba . I am a Boba Fett costume nerd , I can tell you now this figure is 99 % ACCURATE so I dont undertsand why all the hate for this beast of a figure.
The helmet is perfect and looks bang on and believe me ive studied the costume for years. The wookie braids could look dirtier , but they are accurate to the movie, but would better if they were made from horse hair. The tools are accurate , the cape is accurate, the weathering is accurate as it can be, .

My only three nit picks.
The gloves should be light grey , but can forgive Hot Toys because the gloves change colour from Jabbas palace to the sail barge scene.
The hoses from the right arm guantlett , should have a clear or semi clear vynil tube over them .
The chest armour should of had either a fake led display or an actual one .

The materials and of the suit, flak vest and spats and belt pockets, and note *** colours ** are perfect . Past Boba figures have had a leathery pleathery flak vest , but should actually be a twill, wet weather fishing vest type of material , and hot toys nailed it . perfect material and lool and style, especially the neck seal and shoulder parts. The shoulder parts have never been this perfect , and always seem to miss the look of the padded quilted look and style.

It would have been awesome for hot toys to incorporate some real wood and metals to the gun for that realism feel and look.

Guys this is a good priced figure and very nice and mostly accurate . i think the issue is people rather buy the 1/6 version when he comes out .

The belt could do with some minor weatheirng , and the flight suit could look a little dirtier. but thats easy to fix with Tamiya weathering kits.

99% accurate? Not even close. Just...not at all.

There's no HATE for this figure. Just considerable nits.

If you've 'studied' the costume for years and feel that the helmet is 'bang on,' then more power to you.

99% accurate? Not even close. Just...not at all.

There's no HATE for this figure. Just considerable nits.

If you've 'studied' the costume for years and feel that the helmet is 'bang on,' then more power to you.

Well I think its pretty close mate , your never going to get perfection with mass produced figures . as an example, the weathering is scanned on the plastic, like the sideshow one, like the 1/6 sideshow one and others . to get a true Fett Helmet you need to do a proper layered effect paint job , and match the weathering to the exact shape and that is dam impossible. For it being a high end stock produced figure its near perfect and you wont find much better unless its been modified or customised. To be honest , there is not one Hot Toys figure made that is 100% accurate every figure has a flaw with something . Even their recent Darth Vader, which I had to repaint the chest armor because it wasn't even close to accurate. My Only concerns for this figure are the pins on the right arm armor feel they could snap off easily and last night ones of the hoses came off the armor and I had to glue it back on. aside from that plus the magnet coming loose in the rocket pack i feel this is the best Boba to date . Maybe the 1/6 version will be better but i dont think so

About the T visor being too wide around the eyes... so what's the general feeling about it? It seems to me that is not that bad but I might be wrong...

He looks fantastic to me (sorry about the pic quality).

And yes, if you know what the text says behind him without seeing all of it you get Star Wars nerd points today :wink1:

BobaFinished.jpg

Hes a great figure . Some see it as a fail.
I dont hes excellant and iam proud to own it . if ur in the fence about it .go and get one u will not be let down.

Its not even that bad . The t visor is ok in person. I found some angles make it appear wide or narrow same issue with the prop helmets . It looks great in person . The people complaining probably dont even own one

Its not even that bad . The t visor is ok in person. I found some angles make it appear wide or narrow same issue with the prop helmets . It looks great in person . The people complaining probably dont even own one

Negative. It's bad. Fine on a shelf. Fine for casual fans. Fine for hardcore fans.

But really, really off.

Back