Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have the Bespin background to shoot my pre ordered SS PF Fett. I haven't had time to print a ROTJ background to properly photograph this piece yet.

I'd love a backdrop for my fett, if you feel like sharing with the class that would be awesome

I'd love a backdrop for my fett, if you feel like sharing with the class that would be awesome

ESB or ROTJ?

I can share just let me do little more fine tuning. Just to be clear, the backgrounds I'm making are for photography not displaying.

Also noticed that the left side of the armor on the vest is a little crooked. Doesn't bother me that much so haven't decided on whether to contact SSC.

You should be able to straighten that piece of armour. The armour plates on mine were a little crooked out of the box but they can be tweeked and straightened a little.

Does any of you know if there's a ESB version planned? Or... is anyone customizing this one into a ESB version?

Anyone have issues with loose ankle joints? I understand that Boba is a heavy figure and that he shouldn't be posed without his stand, but he will quickly start to lean forward and fall over. Also, how tight are everyone's shoulders? Granted the suit restricts articulation, but do you feel that his shoulders wouldn't hold a pose if the suit didn't limit his movement? Curious if it's normal or a problem that should be exchanged.

Last edited:
Anyone have issues with loose ankle joints? I understand that Boba is a heavy figure and that he shouldn't be posed without his stand, but he will quickly start to lean forward and fall over. Also, how tight are everyone's shoulders? Granted the suit restricts articulation, but do you feel that his shoulders wouldn't hold a pose if the suit didn't limit his movement? Curious if it's normal or a problem that should be exchanged.

My final verdict is that it's a worthless figure. I've tried very hard to get something out of him, but....it's just not there.

The ankle joint method they used is beyond terrible, and the body itself is not suited to this figure. I would KILL for ball-jointed ankles.

In my review, I stated that it's basically a 'mildly poseable statue.' This is true. What I'm shocked by is how very little articulation is possible, even at this scale. This is my first 1/4 figure, and I won't be dipping into this scale, from Hot Toys, in the future. I realize that the gear/uniform is restrictive, but I haven't had these kind of limitations in any of my Boba Fett 1/6 figures. Very odd.

In fact, the best 'dynamic' pose I've been able to get out of him so far is the pic below, and even that pose isn't all that deep.

I don't regret my purchase, but I am beyond disappointed.

I love this figure. Worthless is a strong word to use when something is this awesome and has such presence on display.

Lol at the replies. Please reference my sig/avatar.

Yes, I realize that he doesn't do much in the movies. But $500+ is a lot to pay for a figure that is ONLY capable of standing upright. Seriously, I've gotten better poses out of my Sideshow and Medicom(s) standing upright, just cradling the blaster rifle.

Lol at the replies. Please reference my sig/avatar.

Yes, I realize that he doesn't do much in the movies. But $500+ is a lot to pay for a figure that is ONLY capable of standing upright. Seriously, I've gotten better poses out of my Sideshow and Medicom(s) standing upright, just cradling the blaster rifle.

I've paid much more than that for statues. What's your point?

Back