Hot Toys 1/12 Scale Lineup

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's just say they're half the price, that's quite pricey considering the size :lol

Imagine a 1/12 diecast Iron Man at 1/12 priced at almost $200. I'd just get the 1/6, yeesh.

Just buy the Comicave figures for $100 lol, they have more diecast % than HT figures do anyway. I think this would be a total fail for them besides the 1/6 fans just buy them, unless they're priced really low, which I can't foresee them doing. SHF has put out A TON of Iron Man figures; could they be better? Sure, but they're like $65 shipped if you import them yourself. And like I said Comicave is already doing diecast figures for not too much more too.

SHF has done a lot of the MCU and then you have Mafex and Mezco also doing some too, all under $100 except some exclusives and like the Gladiator Hulks. I've been collecting 1/12 Star Wars from all lines since the Black Series started; I might buy a NICE Vader but that's pretty much it if HT did one, and I won't pay an arm and a leg for it.

I know some people are clamoring for clothed SW figures, but their baggy clothes are hard to get even in 1/6 to look right. This might do some business on the HT name alone but I'm not rebuying like 100+ figures from them lol.

And also forgot the licensing. You can't release 1/12 SW figures in the US, so forget that. Hasbro has it locked up until 2022 I think? Bandai can't do it at all. You can only release 1/12 Marvel figures in the US if they're priced at $80+.

These were displayed at SDCC right?

There was a small iron man hall of armor set, but dont think those were articulated and they seemed smaller than 1:12.

They were closer to 4" static figures in armory from what I could tell.

1/6 OR BIGGER, OR FAIL.
Although I have no interest on 1/4, that was something they were teasing to do more back then. And with the introduction of Spiderman, they need to focus more on releasing figures on that scale.

The ENDGAME figures alone on 1/4 scale would sell like hotcakes.

I do agree they see the growing market on 1/12, and wants a piece of that pie. But 1/12 is getting popular cause there's a lot of people that are getting phased out of the ever increasing price of their 1/6.

We already knew about this, right? Those 1/12 Iron Man’s were at SDCC.

I don’t really like what Hot Toys are doing lately. 1/12, some props, Venompool... maybe they expanded. Not sure how the production side of things work, but with all these projects I see why that new Endgame Iron Man is pushed two years back. If so, just so stupid.

I won’t be buying these 1/12 figures unless they match Mezco’s prices. Which, is doubtful, considering Hot Toys just marks things up over and over and over again.

If they looked great I would be tempted but the price would have to be right. $100 for something at that size does not appeal to me.

I'm thinking I'm done after EG, but if they keep pumping out Iron Man, especially to finish off the HPP I'm pretty much all in for that.

If the entire HPP was done in 1/12 at a good price I probably would have swung for that over 1/6. Lots of space saved there lol.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't need 1/12 Hot Toys at all. Judging by how the 1/6 selections go, I can already see the direction it will head in (Iron Mans and Spider-Mans out the yang). Besides, they'd probably be $100 and I don't even spend the $80 on the Mezco figures that I DO like.

wonder how that business pitch went and got the green light... maybe they're confident about their 1/12 head sculpts as that seems to be the weak point of most 1/12 or 6 inch figure manufacturers. but then again, HT hasn't nailed some of their 1/6 head sculpts either...

I don’t really like what Hot Toys are doing lately. 1/12, some props, Venompool... maybe they expanded. Not sure how the production side of things work, but with all these projects I see why that new Endgame Iron Man is pushed two years back. If so, just so stupid.

Yeah, I would prefer they focus their resources on getting figures out sooner if they could. 2 years out for pre-orders is a bit much.

We already knew about this, right? Those 1/12 Iron Man’s were at SDCC.

I won’t be buying these 1/12 figures unless they match Mezco’s prices. Which, is doubtful, considering Hot Toys just marks things up over and over and over again.

No those weren't 1/12 scale, they were about 4" or so in size and not articulated.

If they looked great I would be tempted but the price would have to be right. $100 for something at that size does not appeal to me.

I'm thinking I'm done after EG, but if they keep pumping out Iron Man, especially to finish off the HPP I'm pretty much all in for that.

If the entire HPP was done in 1/12 at a good price I probably would have swung for that over 1/6. Lots of space saved there lol.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comicave has done a bunch of the HPP already.

Just buy the Comicave figures for $100 lol, they have more diecast % than HT figures do anyway. I think this would be a total fail for them besides the 1/6 fans just buy them, unless they're priced really low, which I can't foresee them doing. SHF has put out A TON of Iron Man figures; could they be better? Sure, but they're like $65 shipped if you import them yourself. And like I said Comicave is already doing diecast figures for not too much more too.

Just got my Comicave Mk. VII today, and it's fantastic. As far as 1/12 movie IM figures, this seems to be the pinnacle.

No those weren't 1/12 scale, they were about 4" or so in size and not articulated.

They just put up pictures of those, calling them "miniature collectibles" at 12cm (4-5 inches) tall

fnsisLW.jpg

ckzr8LE.jpg

Back