1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Casting Bale as Thrawn. I?ll be disappointed by anything else now. Haha

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Picked up the body and head from this set to make my own mythos style Maul. Looking forward to seeing everything in person. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a HT figure (even if not complete) especially the headsculpt.

Rumors were floating around on the Internet there would be live action Thrawn. Christian Bale confirmed :))

He should be played by Lars Mikkelsen (Mads Mikkelsens brother). He?s the voice of Thrawn in Rebels and he?s at least as good an actor as his brother. Big deal here in Denmark.

He should be played by Lars Mikkelsen (Mads Mikkelsens brother). He?s the voice of Thrawn in Rebels and he?s at least as good an actor as his brother. Big deal here in Denmark.

I agree, I think his voice work was great and he'd kill it IRL.

The EMS shipping that KG Hobby upgraded this parcel to, due to it's size/weight, turned out to be lightning fast compared to regular airmail.

Hong Kong Post received the parcel on 19th November, and the tracking now shows it to be at the local depot being prepared for delivery.

Meanwhile, another regular parcel is still waiting to escape the clutches of Hong Kong...

EDIT:

He's actually out for delivery today. Parcelforce usually only deliver on Saturdays if the sender has chosen and paid for Saturday delivery.

This deal is getting better all the time. :lol

The EMS shipping that KG Hobby upgraded this parcel to, due to it's size/weight, turned out to be lightning fast compared to regular airmail.

Hong Kong Post received the parcel on 19th November, and the tracking now shows it to be at the local depot being prepared for delivery.

Meanwhile, another regular parcel is still waiting to escape the clutches of Hong Kong...

EDIT:

He's actually out for delivery today. Parcelforce usually only deliver on Saturdays if the sender has chosen and paid for Saturday delivery.

This deal is getting better all the time. :lol

Same here. Dx18 took 8 days from door to door when regular option usually take 14 days. This being said, with shipping fees nearly doubling, i would likely not upgrade for smaller/lighter items in the future. Happy to wait another week if i can save another 20?/25? on a figure.

Same here. Dx18 took 8 days from door to door when regular option usually take 14 days. This being said, with shipping fees nearly doubling, i would likely not upgrade for smaller/lighter items in the future. Happy to wait another week if i can save another 20?/25? on a figure.

I wouldn't upgrade either, but it just happened in this case that KGH did it automatically and the price for either option was practically the same.

A funny thing happened with my Saturday delivery - or rather non-delivery.

A white van parked outside - Parcelforce appear to have hired new drivers/vans - and I waited for the driver to come to the door. It was ages, then finally I saw him getting back into the cab and was sitting there looking at his phone or scanner.

So I went out to the gate and waited for him to finish what he was doing. When he did finish he did his best to ignore me and drove off! :panic:

I suspect the parcel was never loaded since it wasn't meant to be a Saturday delivery. All weekend the tracking didn't change from 'Out for delivery', until half an hour ago when it finally updated to being prepared for delivery again.

:blissy

Fantastic figure!
88a6aaae8af80a7507620ad83721a350.plist

Fantastic figure!

He is impressive. :)

Just opened mine up, and it all looks like quality, from the intricate robotic legs to the menacing sculpt. The cushion on the stool does such a good job of resembling fabric. And the base, while it's still one of the annoying overlarge ones, is a better quality than its predecessors - the top feels solid, rather than like cardboard.

That's a great pose, slikkerias.

I tried to replicate it to show off the robotic legs, but the robes resist draping sideways, and I didn't want to risk damaging the surface of the fabric as it looks like a sprayed on coating:

50665245456_cec59a8e3a_o.jpg

That's a great pose, slikkerias.

I tried to replicate it to show off the robotic legs, but the robes resist draping sideways, and I didn't want to risk damaging the surface of the fabric as it looks like a sprayed on coating:

50665245456_cec59a8e3a_o.jpg

It didn?t feel too scary draping them to the sides. But no guarantees ofc :)

It didn?t feel too scary draping them to the sides. But no guarantees ofc :)

I took the belt and sash off to see how the layers were arranged, and if they were like Vader's inner robes, but it was all stitched together.

Looking at the fabric it's hard to describe what it actually is. I've seen reviews that describe it as satin-like, though it's more like a very thin pleather/rubberised material.

He's a really great looking figure though.

Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I took the belt and sash off to see how the layers were arranged, and if they were like Vader's inner robes, but it was all stitched together.

Looking at the fabric it's hard to describe what it actually is. I've seen reviews that describe it as satin-like, though it's more like a very thin pleather/rubberised material.

He's a really great looking figure though.

Yes. It?s like a rubber covered fabric. But if this starts flaking a bit I don?t think it will be a disaster, since it?s not supposed to be smooth. But I don?t think it will flake.
Bringing the flaps to the sides really didn?t course any restraint to the fabric though. No more than under his arms. Otherwise I wouldn?t have done it.

Back