1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

The people behind the designs are geniuses Great artists.... It's a pity the movie was so bad
Because one can never have too many holographic Mauls? I mean if prequel Palpatine is released, he will likely come with a holographic Maul too. Maybe he will come with that spider leg holo table!

Very much agree with your assessment but so far only DX18 for me. If they actually produce the Range Troopers, I’d have to buy at least one of them because the gold visor and fur is super bling! [emoji38]

And sorry for all those that enjoyed L3 but after seeing the movie all I wanted was to see her cook, clean and iron my clothes :wink1:

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

The people behind the designs are geniuses Great artists.... It's a pity the movie was so bad

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk
Film is great ..proper SW film . You are one of very few I've heard who didnt like it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This was an interesting aside to this figure:

Sorry I am a bit late to update but getting back from SDCC and then back to work wore me out.

So I went to the Star Wars Collectible panel and Sideshow was indeed absent. The LFL rep who runs the panel actually mentioned Hot Toys in the panel however, and that is also a first. He only mentioned two things: the new Sith Trooper (which totally sold out by mid-day Saturday) and the Solo version of Maul. He said of all the items to cross his desk that this one was one he was most excited about and in his opinion the "Most Maul" of any collectible so far.

BCCAE5EC-DB86-4C69-A520-496E6754AC8B.jpeg
F72D9A3E-D523-4C70-8A4C-0551C9FAA431.jpeg

Maul is one of my favorite characters, I?m so excited they made this. Love seeing new pics, thanks for posting!

That portrait is pretty amazing...I'm liking it more than what I've seen of the HT TPM version actually. Keep the pics from shows coming!

The fact that they made the original Maul and then this guy straight after is somehow so random.

There's got to be more to it.

Perhaps they were banking on Solo being more of a hit and a potential Solo2 with Qira and Crimson Dawn following it ?

I do still think they'll adapt any ideas for Solo 2 to TV Disney+ as they did for Obi Wan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nobrainer. I bet on miniseries with Darth Maul. He is one of the most popular of SW, they'll use him. And also a Park who apparently loves to play Maul again.

That's a nobrainer. I bet on miniseries with Darth Maul. He is one of the most popular of SW, they'll use him. And also a Park who apparently loves to play Maul again.

Yep, The Mandalorian will be a multi-season show. Cassian & K2SO probably as well.

But I think Obi-Wan has a reasonably high chance of being a one and done season. Therefore a Crimson Dawn/Maul show could easily follow it. It wouldn't be too hard for them to put in a couple of small easter eggs referring to Crimson Dawn in the Obi-Wan series either.

Then an Old Republic trilogy in the theatres.

Interesting times....in 5-6 years we'll be saying The Last who ??

While I loved the final showdown of Kenobi and Maul in Rebels, in hindsight, I wish his definitive end came in live-action instead. With all the non-movie stuff Maul?s been in, he?s arguably my second favorite SW character now.

With that said, I?m on board for anything and everything Maul that Disney comes out with.

I've literally not seen a single Clone Wars or Rebels episode yet, maybe once D+ starts I'll marathon those shows and get caught up. I don't have a want for this version. Maybe I should skip the shows and save myself $300 lol

I've literally not seen a single Clone Wars or Rebels episode yet, maybe once D+ starts I'll marathon those shows and get caught up. I don't have a want for this version. Maybe I should skip the shows and save myself $300 lol

Clone Wars didn't gel for me until the 2nd season. I like that an episode will focus entirely on a squad of clone troopers, the next might all be about Mace Windu, and so on. So it didn't get stale or boring for me. A lot of good homage episodes too (I think season 2 has a straight up Wrath of Khan cat and mouse space fight that is really well done) Rebels, I love Rebels. It's one of my favorite star wars things ever, if you like classic star wars, there's a lot to love about Rebels.

Clone Wars didn't gel for me until the 2nd season. I like that an episode will focus entirely on a squad of clone troopers, the next might all be about Mace Windu, and so on. So it didn't get stale or boring for me. A lot of good homage episodes too (I think season 2 has a straight up Wrath of Khan cat and mouse space fight that is really well done) Rebels, I love Rebels. It's one of my favorite star wars things ever, if you like classic star wars, there's a lot to love about Rebels.

I didn?t mind watching it weekly like that when it was airing but whenever somebody asks me now, I usually refer them to specific Arc lists online and tell them to just enjoy each one as a separate mini-movie.

While I say I love the show as a whole, I could also do without quite a few filler episodes that you can just get to when you?ve knocked out a bunch of the major arcs out the way. I think you?ll enjoy and appreciate them more that way instead of just binging everything and then trying to connect episodes that are seasons apart from each other. Just my suggestion but you?re in charge of your own remote control.

Nice!

I hope the chest is fully tattooed...

This head should swap with the DX16 right?

Yep, The Mandalorian will be a multi-season show. Cassian & K2SO probably as well.

But I think Obi-Wan has a reasonably high chance of being a one and done season. Therefore a Crimson Dawn/Maul show could easily follow it. It wouldn't be too hard for them to put in a couple of small easter eggs referring to Crimson Dawn in the Obi-Wan series either.

Then an Old Republic trilogy in the theatres.

Interesting times....in 5-6 years we'll be saying The Last who ??

I like the sound of that. Make something really focused and special instead of a drawn-out multi-season thing that runs the risk of becoming stale. I hope the Cassian show is the same way...one and done. There are so many other characters and time periods that could lend themselves to this approach. These short runs could feature bigger budgets and a wider variety of styles.

I won't be surprised if the movies fizzle out and limited-run streaming series become the venue that keeps SW alive and interesting for the future.

A Maul one overlapping with a Q'ira/Crinsom Dawn show could be really cool. Resurrecting the "underworld" (Coruscant) idea for a show could be interesting.
The possibilities are endless.

Oh, and to stay on topic...really looking forward to this figure...somehow the TPM one, while good, just isn't "wowing" me like I'd hoped. At least this one looks a step forward and features visual qualities we haven't seen in a high-end sixth-scale figure. The quality of the portrait and the concept make it interesting.

I like the sound of that. Make something really focused and special instead of a drawn-out multi-season thing that runs the risk of becoming stale. I hope the Cassian show is the same way...one and done. There are so many other characters and time periods that could lend themselves to this approach. These short runs could feature bigger budgets and a wider variety of styles.

I won't be surprised if the movies fizzle out and limited-run streaming series become the venue that keeps SW alive and interesting for the future.

A Maul one overlapping with a Q'ira/Crinsom Dawn show could be really cool. Resurrecting the "underworld" (Coruscant) idea for a show could be interesting.
The possibilities are endless.

Oh, and to stay on topic...really looking forward to this figure...somehow the TPM one, while good, just isn't "wowing" me like I'd hoped. At least this one looks a step forward and features visual qualities we haven't seen in a high-end sixth-scale figure. The quality of the portrait and the concept make it interesting.

Funny thing is I bet once we see Obi Wan we'll want a second season :lol

Cassian I think will also be one which has more than one season in it. He can be a "vehicle" as an undercover agent to visit/start so many other smaller stories from the SW universe. But I guess we'll see. I see Gilroy is back directing and writing some of the episodes (the guy who fixed up the end of Rogue One) so that sounds promising. Nothing on Gareth Edwards, but Gilroy is a good addition to the team. With him there we are definitely not getting a kiddy show, and he knows the Rogue One look and aesthetic so well.

And that's the thing about the streaming that I hop Disney embraces - they can have shows that feature all different kinds of tones and levels of intensities. A show featuring Maul could have a violent intense vibe.

And that's the thing about the streaming that I hop Disney embraces - they can have shows that feature all different kinds of tones and levels of intensities. A show featuring Maul could have a violent intense vibe.

R-rated Maul show !! Bring it on !

They'll have to put it on a seperate channel with Deadpool etc. Which I think is Disney's plan anyway for R-rated stuff.

Even the Mandalorian looks pretty hard core tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After going through his arc in Clone Wars and Rebels, this is the Maul figure for me. My interpretation of him went from a dull assassin to a complex, highly intelligent criminal mastermind. He is easily one of the best characters in Star Wars and I'm so happy we get this version of him. And I echo the group here, he HAS to get a Disney+ show to lead into his appearance in Rebels. Then his arc will be complete. He had one of the most well written deaths too. It was quick, but you really felt for him. In the end, he was pulling for Luke too. I'll def order this Maul to be my version of him.

The funniest part of all this is while I know he shows up in Solo, I've never finished the film. Its on my list though. Hopefully this weekend I will watch it.

Edit: watched Solo a couple nights ago and was really impressed. I didn't think I would like it, but had a good time. I'd def be down for a sequel Disney+ series now. Its actually one of my fave Disney SW films now.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back