Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Aliens line is great for character diversity but it is equally if not more blighted by poor production and paint than ED-209 was...

My ED came in rough shape. And maybe I was being too critical as it was basically a place holder until my HT ED showedup. So now that I'm heart broken about the stupid rubber fiasco, I have turned to the aliens line for comfort. I do agree that production issues is NECA's biggest plague and the Aliens line is no exception. Two of my Xeno's have issues I can see through the packaging and the one I did open had a warped leg and finger. But my Windrix looks good through the package. I am highly anticipating the queen and loader!

nerd.gif

Classic! :lol

I think it's hilarious that they have a "customer service" operation which just cuts and pastes a template completely disregarding who you are or what the problem is. These things are ****ing expensive guys, we forget that sometimes in a consumer context, I really cannot think of any other manufacturer who would get away with this. These *******s won't even stand by their own products. You know I sent that mail, knowing exactly the response I would get. But yet, strangely, I find myself angered by it this morning. I may actually do what i've been threatening to do for quite a while and stop buying Hot Toys. I feel like I've outgrown them lately and this might just be prudent timing.

What a bunch of obnoxious bell ends.

All of this +1

I don't understand this, are they saying there are no official dealers or distributors in Europe? If that's the case why on earth are european sellers waiting 'til the end of july before selling ED? It has been available for months in Asia so if there is no official distribution network for european dealers are they just all insanely stupid and everyone is waiting for no particular reason and are then starting to sell the figure everyone at the same time? Surely there is an distributor somewhere that does just what their name implies and the batch allotted for Europe isn't available until Asia and the US and possible other places has gotten theirs.

Hot Toys scapegoat

They need to be sued.
What does it matter, where you bought it?
The product is faulty. No matter where you got it from.

They don't do refunds and returns in Asia as half the things they sell are fake. Or their customer service is living behind the times, like the 80s or something.

No cracking on either of mine. I'll bet the accelerated aging and premature cracking is caused by the Styrofoam packaging. Styrofoam can emit ozone and volatiles when exposed to heat. These substances when trapped in the packaging will start a chain reaction that will cause the plasticizer to migrate from plastics and rubber. Don't leave ED (or any other figure for that matter) in a box that will be exposed to heat for any period of time. Exposure to hot summer temperatures and storage conditions could result in irreversible damage in as little as a few days of exposure under the right circumstances.

With Hot Toys response now its clear that the best way is to make a lot of noise.
It will affect sales and THAT is what will make them act.

The latest episode of The Hottoycast is up on iTunes, Stitcher and usual outlets.

This week we discuss ED209, the rubber issue, Enterbay Robocop and a few more like Red Snapper and Iron Patriot.

If you wish to wind away the rest of your sticky hot friday work day, look no further:

Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

For those reporting problems to Sideshow, please don't use other people's pics. Do you think you're the only one reporting this to Sideshow. Somebody admitted to using my pics--the same pics I already sent to Sideshow. STUPID! If they keep seeing the same pics for different complaints, they are going to think people without issues are trying to get money back before anything shows up. Either way, it's going to make some of you look like liars even if you have similar problems. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND DON'T BE LAZY!

For those reporting problems to Sideshow, please don't use other people's pics. Do you think you're the only one reporting this to Sideshow. Somebody admitted to using my pics--the same pics I already sent to Sideshow. STUPID! If they keep seeing the same pics for different complaints, they are going to think people without issues are trying to get money back before anything shows up. Either way, it's going to make some of you look like liars even if you have similar problems. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND DON'T BE LAZY!

This.

Don't complaint and moan after when SSC doesn't accept your return. Take your own pics!!!

I've already used all of my points, and I only have the Keaton PF and Robo on PO..

I don't think they can do that...

I don't understand this, are they saying there are no official dealers or distributors in Europe? If that's the case why on earth are european sellers waiting 'til the end of july before selling ED? It has been available for months in Asia so if there is no official distribution network for european dealers are they just all insanely stupid and everyone is waiting for no particular reason and are then starting to sell the figure, everyone at the same time? Surely there is an distributor somewhere that does just what their name implies and the batch allotted for Europe isn't available until Asia and the US and possible other places has gotten theirs.

I believe the Hot Toys distributor for the UK is Amerang Ltd in Sussex.. who are trade only, so not sure what sort of 'warranty' Hot Toys provide to retailers who buy from Amerang, or indeed Amerang itself.. however all UK Consumer laws would apply to your UK retailer.
Hot Toys other European Distributors are listed here (you can change the country using the Find a Distributor boxes, but it can be a bit clunky).
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/contact.php

Hot Toys Customer Service corporate mission statement (from their website) - 'Attitude is Altitude' ..guess it loses something in translation.. mainly coherence. :lol

I believe the Hot Toys distributor for the UK is Amerang Ltd in Sussex.. who are trade only, so not sure what sort of 'warranty' Hot Toys provide to retailers who buy from Amerang, or indeed Amerang itself.. however all UK Consumer laws would apply to your UK retailer.
Hot Toys other European Distributors are listed here (you can change the country using the Find a Distributor boxes, but it can be a bit clunky).
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/contact.php

Hot Toys Customer Service corporate mission statement (from their website) - 'Attitude is Altitude' ..guess it loses something in translation.. mainly coherence. :lol
cool thanks

pretty lame that the only distributor for the whole of Europe (that's 731 million people) is Belgium..

There are other European distributors, you just have to fiddle with the Find a Distributor boxes.. I made that mistake the first time I visited HT's site too.. fairly sure Amerang would be the official distributor for Ireland as well.

debatable question, but as the shoulders, arms and back are above that zone, it's definitely "waist", not "neck" :)

ED is mech-shaped, and they have a waist there.

OK but you knew what I was referring to at least.

For ****s and giggles: :lol

My email:

"Your ED209 Collectible is faulty.

The rubber is cracking and breaking down after just a few weeks.

What is your policy regarding parts which have been manufactured incorrectly?
And no, I did not buy it through Sideshow or one of your official dealers.
If I had, what would you be offering? A replacement set with similarly faulty parts?

You do not have official dealers or "official channels" in Ireland or UK.

You manufactured this faulty item and you should be taking responsibility for your mistake.

Regards,

Rory ********"

Their answer:

"Hello,

Would you please provide the sales receipt & the photo support for our checking?

We will get back to you soon after receiving the above information.
Thanks!

Remarks: After-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

Due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles, we cannot guarantee that all accessories or items can be replaced. Please note that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted. Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Best regards,
TF/ Hot Toys"

I think it's hilarious that they have a "customer service" operation which just cuts and pastes a template completely disregarding who you are or what the problem is. These things are ****ing expensive guys, we forget that sometimes in a consumer context, I really cannot think of any other manufacturer who would get away with this. These *******s won't even stand by their own products. You know I sent that mail, knowing exactly the response I would get. But yet, strangely, I find myself angered by it this morning. I may actually do what i've been threatening to do for quite a while and stop buying Hot Toys. I feel like I've outgrown them lately and this might just be prudent timing.

What a bunch of obnoxious bell ends.

Agreed, that's rather annoying. I find the same is often the case when you message a lot of companies and ebay sellers, they don't actually read what you say. If you have 5 clearly delineated questions you might get an answer to one of them. It can be a totally futile exercise. But particularly so in Hot Toys case.

My ED came in rough shape. And maybe I was being too critical as it was basically a place holder until my HT ED showedup. So now that I'm heart broken about the stupid rubber fiasco, I have turned to the aliens line for comfort. I do agree that production issues is NECA's biggest plague and the Aliens line is no exception. Two of my Xeno's have issues I can see through the packaging and the one I did open had a warped leg and finger. But my Windrix looks good through the package. I am highly anticipating the queen and loader!

Same, finally someone making the Alien Queen and the Powerloader, both, and in the same damn scale.

No cracking on either of mine. I'll bet the accelerated aging and premature cracking is caused by the Styrofoam packaging. Styrofoam can emit ozone and volatiles when exposed to heat. These substances when trapped in the packaging will start a chain reaction that will cause the plasticizer to migrate from plastics and rubber. Don't leave ED (or any other figure for that matter) in a box that will be exposed to heat for any period of time. Exposure to hot summer temperatures and storage conditions could result in irreversible damage in as little as a few days of exposure under the right circumstances.

Perhaps, but honestly, when its the second time out, no one cares what's causing it.

There are other European distributors, you just have to fiddle with the Find a Distributor boxes.. I made that mistake the first time I visited HT's site too.. fairly sure Amerang would be the official distributor for Ireland as well.

And yet I've never heard of them.

And yet I've never heard of them.

As far as I am aware, Amerang don't sell to collectors like a retail outlet would, only commercial accounts.. they are a 'Distributor' in the old skool sense of the term.

Back