Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you guys who have faulty domes should get together and file a class action lawsuit. Right now HT just doesn't give a **** as long as they have your money but I think if enough people threaten to sue then they'll have to do something. Don't let HT get away with this. They knew the problems from the first release and it looks like they blatantly ignored it.

I had this on order but cancelled. I'm glad I did now but it sucks for those who are having problems.

This is a truly great Idea, why should they get away with it "again" surely there must be a lawyer among us all :impatient:

Am I the only one seeing this?
4a2af85af5128314de65a73c834d38d8.jpg

5D406963-AA20-4E80-9F30-793ED05875DC.jpg

All you guys who have faulty domes should get together and file a class action lawsuit. Right now HT just doesn't give a **** as long as they have your money but I think if enough people threaten to sue then they'll have to do something. Don't let HT get away with this. They knew the problems from the first release and it looks like they blatantly ignored it.

I had this on order but cancelled. I'm glad I did now but it sucks for those who are having problems.
This is a truly great Idea, why should they get away with it "again" surely there must be a lawyer among us all :impatient:
It might be a viable idea if Hot Toys were based in the US or Western Europe. They're in China. From what I've seen, read, and heard if they have any laws governing businesses there, they're not enforced.

Does HT even have a 1-800 line?
A live person to speak with about issues? It does seem odd to me that a company that seems to make the best movie based figures in the planet doesn't have that.

Most premium companies, that charge an arm and a leg for their products without shame (apple) have that....

It might be a viable idea if Hot Toys were based in the US or Western Europe. They're in China. From what I've seen, read, and heard if they have any laws governing businesses there, they're not enforced.

I know, but just a formal letter from a professional, sent to them, may make them sit up and take notice.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a sealant they recommend for the domes as SSC stated? And has anyone casted a new dome for this thing yet?

Am I the only one seeing this?
4a2af85af5128314de65a73c834d38d8.jpg

you won't see that if you look at it from a normal distance. Up close like this, everything that's off by the width of a hair looks weird.

cracks however, they will be visible from normal viewing distance..

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe some of this flex seal liquid rubber, this video shows the black one but they also do it in clear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XfSJXo06Pc

This stuff, Frost liquid wrap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS1rMoSVgBs

I may just go for some kind of clear varnish, If I still get it that is.

Cool thanks Yea I paint models and I was debating just using the same varnish i use on them on this. I am just unsure how the rubber will react. Small cracks are already forming on mine :\

Cool thanks Yea I paint models and I was debating just using the same varnish i use on them on this. I am just unsure how the rubber will react. Small cracks are already forming on mine :\

Then unless your taking it back, I would get it on as soon as you can.
If you do it would be nice if you could maybe post some pictures or keep us updated as to how it affects or protects, your dome.

Also, as you paint models, what brand varnish would you recommend?

Last edited:
The Batman suits also aren't stretched over a curved dome and glued into place.

I wonder if Hot Toys thinks making ED's dome rubber is more "authentic"? I still don't understand what would posses them to simply make it plastic after all these years of criticism and warning.

Facebook is useless, there are already so many people complaining about Hot Toys on their own page, more complaints isn't even going to register. If you bought one, return it to SSC or your retailer.

Facebook is useless, there are already so many people complaining about Hot Toys on their own page, more complaints isn't even going to register. If you bought one, return it to SSC or your retailer.

I think you're right. A rash of returns will get their attention when SS loses all the money from these.

Not returning mine. I do want an articulated 1/6 ED209, but still this totally sucks and shouldn't have happened.

Back