Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing in hand, the paint work and mechanics reminded me of how impressed I used to in the early days of collecting HT.
The dome? It's rubber, soft rubber too, feels the same as they have been using on Ironman elbows for the last few years. And I haven't seen a single case of cracking on Ironman, even the early ones. It's the same as the front wheels on the Tumbler. But... it's not stretched over the top, it's on a hard frame. They have obviously done it for aesthetics because the difference in materials is noticeable and impressive in hand.
Who knows.

But the whole thing (haven't even turned on sound yet) physically..10/10. It's a jaw dropper.

Good news about the dome :)
Mine is on its way from timcent.
Considering sideshow would have been 559.33$ with import taxes or 505$ from a local reseller in a few month im pretty happy with 463$ now.

Wonder it the oil leaks painted on the legs screws can be wip perd as easy as the orange from the dx13...

Good news about the dome :)
Mine is on its way from timcent.
Considering sideshow would have been 559.33$ with import taxes or 505$ from a local reseller in a few month im pretty happy with 463$ now.

Wonder it the oil leaks painted on the legs screws can be wip perd as easy as the orange from the dx13...
Honestly the little oil drips are TINY in hand. They don't bother me at all. They probably come off easily, but I would be concerned about the layers of subtle airbrushing behind them that has been used over the entire thing? you could "clean" a spot if you know what I mean.

This doesn't come with batteries, so everyone who hates the voice can just pretend it doesn't talk. :lol

Honestly the little oil drips are TINY in hand. They don't bother me at all. They probably come off easily, but I would be concerned about the layers of subtle airbrushing behind them that has been used over the entire thing? you could "clean" a spot if you know what I mean.

This doesn't come with batteries, so everyone who hates the voice can just pretend it doesn't talk. :lol

When can we expect pics?

Nooooo, please don't.
Do you have ANY idea how I am supposed to live after I saw the pics FOR WEEKS until that guy arrives at my place????????

Can't wait for pics Rory! Interesting to know that the paint drips are tiny in hand. Everything looks so blown up in the pics, that we think it's massively noticeable in hand. And ofcourse, great news on the dome.

It's amazing in hand, the paint work and mechanics reminded me of how impressed I used to in the early days of collecting HT.
The dome? It's rubber, soft rubber too, feels the same as they have been using on Ironman elbows for the last few years. And I haven't seen a single case of cracking on Ironman, even the early ones. It's the same as the front wheels on the Tumbler. But... it's not stretched over the top, it's on a hard frame. They have obviously done it for aesthetics because the difference in materials is noticeable and impressive in hand.
Who knows.

But the whole thing (haven't even turned on sound yet) physically..10/10. It's a jaw dropper.
nice, thanks for the review

Is it? I mean...its still rubber....

even setting aside longevity concerns, plastic would have looked more accurate anyway..and been easier to de-dust
tsang: hey HT, please let me crap on this figure?
HT: no way. robocop universe has really hardcore fans, nothing compared to those predator fans who buy anything you puke with.
tsang: i swear i won't touch the shapes this time! the figure is already sculpted damnit! my name isn't even mentioned in credits!
HT: well... in that case we don't see what damage can be done.
(...)
OMG:
Dome = Rubber

Last edited:

Yeah, have to agree on the oil drips. Macro shots make them look much more prominent than they are and I'd imagine taking them off would be even more of an eyesore. Glad it doesn't come with batteries. I didn't think I'd even bother testing the voice, but that removes all temptation, haha.

they don't bother me at all, and i actually like that addition. it fits the description of ED-209 as a crappy, badly designed badass.
Paul Verhoeven made it immediately clear that he didn't want anything on ED 209 to look cute. He wanted something really hard and mean.
https://www.robocoparchive.com/info/making1-ed209.htm
oil leaks are really something "not looking cute".
you risk your image by supporting anything i say, remember )

Last edited:
I believe in agreeing when you agree, respectfully disagreeing (or not saying anything) when you disagree :D
as i said today in the office, what possibly useful can come out of a discussion where everybody agrees with everybody? only disagreements turn into mutual benefit, and the stronger - the better!
...i was hated for that as usual :rotfl

Guys the dome is covered in soft rubber. Not vinyl as OMG suggested in one of his posts I believe. Is it a problem? I don't know. Would I rather it was hard plastic? yes. But it is the same as the Tumbler front wheels and some Iron Man parts. So who knows if there is a problem or not. I just want to be clear about that. IT IS SOFT RUBBER, very thin I think over a hard plastic shell. The "breakdown" that some people have been talking about spotting in pictures is sculpted/molded into the dome. It's supposed to be like that. It's imperfect, like the original screen version was. It's definitely more of a dust catcher as well, as are the front Tumbler wheels.

Does it look good, hell yes. Amazing. It's a piece of art IMO.

Back