Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

My Stock Exchange Bane
IMG_0457_zps3edea138.jpg

:)

Bought the pair of hand gloves for $8 from our local toyshop,
Putting it on is nightmare
:slap

Completely agree. I don't like the look of a detolf full of figures (no offense to anyone on here with a setup like that). I just think it looks cluttered and messy. I'm new to this hobby, but don't plan to buy much. Will only buy must-have, iconic characters from my favourite movies.

I currently have 1 figure per shelf, but only have 3 figures for now lol. The most I would go is 2 figures per shelf. It makes them look more like high-end collectibles when displayed this way, rather than just toys.

I'm on exactly the same page. I haven't been collecting 1/6 stuff for very long (4 months) so my collection is only 4 figures so far (about to be a total of 7 in the near future).

This in turn makes it easy to display them in an uncluttered manner which suits me just fine.

Space is at a premium for me.

Difference in vest length for the Stock Exchange Bane.
IMG_0463_zpsea5cd08c.jpg

:)

I'm on exactly the same page. I haven't been collecting 1/6 stuff for very long (4 months) so my collection is only 4 figures so far (about to be a total of 7 in the near future).

This in turn makes it easy to display them in an uncluttered manner which suits me just fine.

Space is at a premium for me.

But then how many display cases/room do you have for your figures? Some people can literally just not do that because of space/room. I have one display case, other then that they are on a fancy closet out in the open. I got one of those IKEA ones with the one light up top.

But then how many display cases/room do you have for your figures? Some people can literally just not do that because of space/room.

I have one fairly large bookcase with a wide top shelf and two sets of wide wall mounted shelves along the same wall.

Also a couple stand-alone small bookcases which look quite nice with a large figure on top of them.

So--not really a ton of room.

The way my furniture is so packed in, I have ZERO ROOM for a Detolf without it looking pretty bad and shoehorned in, which would be counter-productive. I would need a bigger place or get rid of tons of crap and furniture to make that happen at this point.:lol

Right now one of the wall shelves is where my Bane and DX 12 Bats currently reside, with a spot reserved for Selina Kyle whenever she finally comes out.:impatient:

Done right Detolf display's can have a nice clean look. I have two detolf shelves which house 3 figures and that is the most figures i have on them those being my SS clones, 2 in back, 1 up front and dx07 luke on weather vane, clean luke and then carlito for the time being next to him. The rest have either 1figure or two.

I would love to have one figure per shelf... but I would need at least 10 more detolfs. I would love to have the space someday... it would look awesome to have like 20 detolfs, 10 lined on each side of the wall.

I would love to have one figure per shelf... but I would need at least 10 more detolfs. I would love to have the space someday... it would look awesome to have like 20 detolfs, 10 lined on each side of the wall.

I'd rather use the money to buy more figures and maybe keep like 4 detolfs.

I think one figure per shelf looks great but every time I see one I can't help but how much of wasted space it is. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

If only space would allow it I'd get another detolf. However, I can't, and I've managed to place a maximum of 5 figures on some shelves without looking too bad. Like an X, where there'd be 2 at the front, one in the middle, and 2 more with elevated stands :)

My Bane is now with DX11, Wayne kitbash, and DX12.

I have 5 Detolfs in my room and i have space for another 3 if needs be. Bane is on a shelf along with the DX12. He will be on a shelf by himself for a while though when the dx11 comes in.

I think one figure per shelf looks great but every time I see one I can't help but how much of wasted space it is. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

For a few different reasons, I reduced my collection and sold off almost half my line up. Now I'm pretty much at 1 fig per character and 2 per shelf. I find it creates a balanced display and gives the figures good room to breathe.

I currently have 2 detolfs but would like to add one more and be done with it: 2 devoted to Nolan Batman and 1 to customs.

The figures that have a dio or big accessories all get their own shelf in my Detolfs for now (Indy, DX11 and Sparrow). I also have Luke by himself because no other figure looks right with him that I have. He needs Han. :lol

If only space would allow it I'd get another detolf. However, I can't, and I've managed to place a maximum of 5 figures on some shelves without looking too bad. Like an X, where there'd be 2 at the front, one in the middle, and 2 more with elevated stands :)

My Bane is now with DX11, Wayne kitbash, and DX12.

I have 5 Detolfs in my room and i have space for another 3 if needs be. Bane is on a shelf along with the DX12. He will be on a shelf by himself for a while though when the dx11 comes in.

For a few different reasons, I reduced my collection and sold off almost half my line up. Now I'm pretty much at 1 fig per character and 2 per shelf. I find it creates a balanced display and gives the figures good room to breathe.

I currently have 2 detolfs but would like to add one more and be done with it: 2 devoted to Nolan Batman and 1 to customs.

The figures that have a dio or big accessories all get their own shelf in my Detolfs for now (Indy, DX11 and Sparrow). I also have Luke by himself because no other figure looks right with him that I have. He needs Han. :lol

I have no detolfs, no billy bookcases or shelving. I have the ****tiest display ever. :lol My figures are on my computer desk in the house. Before I decided to pack most away until I had proper shelving/cabinets etc. I had them cluttered all around the computer and even on the printer

Yeah, what's your recipe for dyeing these, ecko?

:dunno

https://youtu.be/uYMnAUGFuG0

I made a thread on my Bane Pants fellas , check it out :wave

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126888

Thanks guys , i appreciate it

Nevermind. I'll figure it out myself.

I am at a loss as to understand the price of this service.
I bought the exact same ones from ebay £12.
I bought some dye £3.
I dyed them.
£15.

Well. Good luck finding the d.i.d pants for that price.
When you have 2 to dye the pants about 3 times to 4 times.
cast resin knee pads
dry brush the whole pair of pants with grey and then paint wash them.

It's a long process to get the from camo to what mine looks like.

I shouldn't have to justify my price to you who.
are you anyways?
if you feel that you can offer f these are a cheaper price go right ahead buddy and see if they look as good as mine.

Good luck

Well. Good luck finding the d.i.d pants for that price.
When you have 2 to dye the pants about 3 times to 4 times.
cast resin knee pads
dry brush the whole pair of pants with grey and then paint wash them.

It's a long process to get the from camo to what mine looks like.

I shouldn't have to justify my price to you who.
are you anyways?
if you feel that you can offer f these are a cheaper price go right ahead buddy and see if they look as good as mine.

Good luck
Hey Ecko, you just gave your secret away :rotfl

Back