Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

This guy is on my doorstep waiting for me after work, can't wait!!!!

image-4.jpg

Absolutely incredible figure. So happy i got it!!!

Posted these the other day but didn't seem to go up for some reason, so trying again.

V1dEkWz.jpg

JYQXPLX.jpg

xAWEVLS.jpg

Very happy with this figure. Looks amazing among all the other Nolan Batman figures.

Wondering if you guys can help me?

Received my Bane today but a little deflated by his mask. It seems to me the inner 2 right pipes are way too close together?

Would this warrant you exchanging him?

Would a hairdryer and some persuasion sort it out you think?

Or do you think I’m being too critical?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks

issue5224.jpg

dscf5144v.jpg

dscf5144v.jpg

dscf5142j.jpg

dscf5131l.jpg

dscf5130.jpg

dscf5125ha.jpg

dscf5118.jpg

dscf5117s.jpg

Wondering if you guys can help me?

Received my Bane today but a little deflated by his mask. It seems to me the inner 2 right pipes are way too close together?

Would this warrant you exchanging him?

Would a hairdryer and some persuasion sort it out you think?

Or do you think I’m being too critical?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks

issue5224.jpg

Are you serious?
I'm lost for words.

Next you will be pointing out that one of his pupils is higher than the other.
Or that there is more brown paint on one of the pipe connections than the other.

Are you serious?
I'm lost for words.

Or that there is more brown paint on one of the pipe connections than the other.

Pics don't really show it as well as in person - the right main pipe is almost flat gainst his face rather than coming out. I'm not great with the camera but in person it just doesn't look right with some of the others positioned un symmetrical. It feels like someone rushed attaching them on a Friday afternoon shift.

When I've seen other pics in this thread of it looking a whole lot better than mine is, it dissapointed me. Bane's mask is what makes this character.

Are you serious?
I'm lost for words.

This is a legitimate case though, I just had a look at my Bane and he is fine in regards to the pipe connectors. If you are not happy get in touch with the people you brought from.
And yes you are right, that is the main focal point of this figure, you are right to be miffed about it.

If you look at the spacing between the top inner row of pipes its nothing like mine:

dscn0712l.jpg

baneeyebrow1.jpg

843177903317c83abdc5o.jpg

Its not just them pipes either, the outer right one is almost touching his face its bent outwards:

dscf5174u.jpg

dscf5175.jpg

Left is ok, right isn't.

The right lower outer pipe is bent just looks wrong when in hand and the two lower inner pipes aren't set from the same point.

Added together it just doesn't look right in hand.

newuec.jpg

83299858.jpg

dscf5162og.jpg

This is a legitimate case though, I just had a look at my Bane and he is fine in regards to the pipe connectors. If you are not happy get in touch with the people you brought from.
And yes you are right, that is the main focal point of this figure, you are right to be miffed about it.

Thanks mate - I think so - its worse in person than the pictures show - my heart sank really as been looking forward ot this one the most with all the awesome shots on here!

I've dropped my retailer a note - see what they say.

Are you serious?
I'm lost for words.

If you've paid money for it (quite a lot in this case), you're allowed to complain. Also, the two examples you made are not sound. Bane's mask is a mechanical device which warrants it being symmetrical, which was also the case in the film. Humans are not symmetrical and weathering of parts isn't either.

The pipes are fairly soft plastic. You can move them around a bit with your fingers. I had to adjust mine a bit because they were very uneven like yours. I used a little bit of heat to make it easier.

If you've paid money for it (quite a lot in this case), you're allowed to complain. Also, the two examples you made are not sound. Bane's mask is a mechanical device which warrants it being symmetrical, which was also the case in the film. Humans are not symmetrical and weathering of parts isn't either.

I know - hopefully my retailer can help me out and sort a replacement. It's shame as everything else is great on him - I know we all experience some QC issues here and there but Bane's mask is unacceptable to me, it is what makes Bane.

And yeah I agree it's symmetrical in the film, I'm not looking for 100% accuracy but would like to at least receive in similar quality to that of others produced.

The pipes are fairly soft plastic. You can move them around a bit with your fingers. I had to adjust mine a bit because they were very uneven like yours. I used a little bit of heat to make it easier.

It had crossed my mind but I didn't wanna take them too far and snap them - I manged to move the one out a bit but it slowly crept back. If my retailer cant help I may look into it. Did you cool it quickly after heating it to help it set in its new position?

I hope it doesnt come to that though, a couple I can't fix with adjustment as it's fastened in the wrong postion

Wowww Milkman!!! what kind of pants are those on Bane, are they the DID? and if so what kind of dye you used?

baneac.jpg

just got bane last Saturday and is awesome, don't like the skinny pants and the fact that I have to do the arm mod to do the Boss pose :pfft:

Back