Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more pix! Finally put on his brown jumper! Fiddly getting his vest off and on though.

Bri

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

So I finally got my replacement Bane head from Sideshow today, and whilst the bit that was broken on my original head (left pipe on jaw) is fine on this one, the paint job on the eyebrow of the replacement head looks sh|t. Also noticed a silver spot on the back of the mask and on the jaw.

Really not having much luck with Hot Toys. Not sure what to do now. Not sure if I should ask for another one, or maybe just try and fix my original head since the paint is perfect on that.

Here's a pic showing the difference of my original head vs the replacement:

baneeyebrow.jpg

I'd use an x-acto knife and try and cut off the pipe on the replacement head. Then try gluing it as best possible.

[ame="https://youtu.be/6tBYFiHiMi8"]https://youtu.be/6tBYFiHiMi8[/ame]Some high points and some low points , do you think this is a fair assessment of the review ???? comments very welcome, along with subs and views

Subbed to you a while ago man, you, xeno, and neny dee are the best always fair and make me laugh haha

I'd use an x-acto knife and try and cut off the pipe on the replacement head. Then try gluing it as best possible.

I still have the pipe from my original head. It came clean off when I first opened the thing. It was weird, looks like it's not even snapped, but rather just sits in a 'hole' on the mask. At first I thought that's exactly how it was, so I tried to push the pipe back in but it wouldn't stay. I didn't bother gluing as I thought I might screw it up lol plus I figured I shouldn't have to repair my brand new $200 figure so I asked for a replacement head, but now I'm thinking of just gluing my original pipe back on. What sort of glue should I use? Was going to just use super glue but wasn't sure if that's suitable for figures.

Use a very tiny dab of superglue. I suggest using a tooth pick.

Nice idea. Where did you get the extra long pegs?

Yes it is true Hardy is 5'9 or 5'10 and Bale is 6'0 and they made Hardy wear pumps that made him 3 inches taller.
Anyway I always thought Bane should be much taller then Batman. In the Comics Bane is massive.

Here is were I got the extra long ball pegs from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-scal...on_Figures&hash=item2c601bbd4d#ht_4856wt_1030

Yes it is true Hardy is 5'9 or 5'10 and Bale is 6'0 and they made Hardy wear pumps that made him 3 inches taller.
Anyway I always thought Bane should be much taller then Batman. In the Comics Bane is massive.

Yup. I think the physique of Brock Lesnar (especially when he was younger, before he shifted to MMA) is close to how most artists draw him in the comics, save maybe for Kelley Jones' version where he is much more exaggerated to make him more intimidating, like on that classic "Breaking of the Bat" cover he did for the Knightfall storyline.

I guess Nolan wanted the audience to focus on Bane's cunning. Casual Batman readers who don't know how Bane came to be often get fooled by his size, thinking that he's all brawn.

EDIT: I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my take on Bane. Made this after watching the movie. Original art's been sold, helping me fund Bane the figure LOL :)

Last edited:

So I finally got my replacement Bane head from Sideshow today, and whilst the bit that was broken on my original head (left pipe on jaw) is fine on this one, the paint job on the eyebrow of the replacement head looks sh|t. Also noticed a silver spot on the back of the mask and on the jaw.

Really not having much luck with Hot Toys. Not sure what to do now. Not sure if I should ask for another one, or maybe just try and fix my original head since the paint is perfect on that.

Here's a pic showing the difference of my original head vs the replacement:

baneeyebrow.jpg

Sorry to hear this, man. I guess gluing the head that came with a broken pipe would still be the best solution. Have you tried gluing it back? There seems to be a not-so-deep provision for the pipe to be secured.

This reminds me of my T600's right index finger that came loose while sealed in box. Good thing it wasn't broken, only unglued (damn HT for using cheap glue on figures we pay a premium amount for). There also were holes that hold the finger on the "palm".

Goodluck buddy!

My Bane collection
bane-2_zps95968bd8.jpg

Enjoy and cheer!:)

That is alot of Banes!!!!

got a brand new unused Bane for sale in the UK, £180 posted.

Back