Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

qmeme_1365217711239_97_zps029ee3ac.jpg

:rotfl

wait....

qmeme_1365217711239_97_zps029ee3ac.jpg

:(

:monkey2

Just take a dab of blue paint and touch it up.

Geeeez that is nothing. Sideshow must laugh at people

The problem is matching the colour. I don't have any experience with painting figures so I have no idea how I'd go about matching the colour so that it looks like it wasn't touched up. My photos are taken off my phone so it's hard to see, but it actually looks a lot worse in person. I shouldn't really have to touch up paint on a $200 figure anyway...

To be honest though, I wasn't really bothered by the dots, hence why I didn't post images the first time. I just posted it for the member who requested the images. It's mainly the eyebrow that bothers me as it looks quite bad, especially in real life, posed under lights. Looks like he's shaved his eyebrow off and that's something I'd have a really hard time trying to fix myself.

No, these pegs worked well with the Bane body. Sometimes you do have compatibility issues with these things but not this time.

Cool I ordered a few. I think the new TTL are compatible with hot toys. Thanks for the link.

Just got Bane in today didn't have a chance to open him up yet, but in pretty excited...he looks great in all of the pics I've been seeing...with that said does the coat come on or do you have to put it on? And is it a pain to get on?

Just got Bane in today didn't have a chance to open him up yet, but in pretty excited...he looks great in all of the pics I've been seeing...with that said does the coat come on or do you have to put it on? And is it a pain to get on?

The coat doesn't come on, but it's a breeze to put on. The only hard part is putting the gauntlet through the sleeve and out the hole. Putting the sweater on is a Herculean task.

For me anyway.

The coat doesn't come on, but it's a breeze to put on. The only hard part is putting the gauntlet through the sleeve and out the hole. Putting the sweater on is a Herculean task.

For me anyway.

The sweaters not that bad it's getting the vest back on afterwords. I had to set it down a few times out of frustration. Finally I tryed putting hair spray on the the belts to stiffen them. I'm convinced that the reason Bane was delayed was it takes so damn long to put the vest on.

Gotta loosen those straps after putting the sweater on.

Still. Pain in the *** getting the sweater, coat, and gauntlet on.

Cool I ordered a few. I think the new TTL are compatible with hot toys. Thanks for the link.

Just in case I would suggest you heat the plasic around the ankle connector with a hair dryer or something before playing around with swapping out the ball pegs. I have had bodies crack before now swapping out ball pegs. Heating the plastic will make it expand slightly and the pegs will go in easily and when the plastic cools it will hold the peg in place better.

Oh BTW you will need some long nosed pliers to get the ball peg out from his boot, as it is fairly deep down.

Last edited:

My two favourite shots of Bane

Bane stole the tumbler.

Back