Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I don't have the figure so I can't confirm whether or not he does or doesn't had a butt :lol it doesn't bother me on Cap (though I can't say I noticed until a member pointed it out :lol) so I'd imagine it wouldbt bother me either if I had this figure

:lol interesting how you knew I would know.

But hobbits have thick leather like bottom feet as explained in the book due to walking barefoot mostly and the tops of their feet are covered with fur so their feet are naturally protected

I almost canceledl Bane but Im glad I didnt and dont get me wrong the figure is amazing but only with the coat on :clap and I have a DX 12 steps base coming for the light but this could have been alot better done with better pants , pose-able arms , hate the joints showing make it look like a cheap kids toy and maybe a Shotgun especially for $200.

Oh and thanks for the hobbit answer , I dont care for them but I always wondered and now I know :yess:

Bane arrived today and it's bloody fantastic. The underdog figure of the year ;) Bane is that curious collectible, where although production value wise its not as spectacular as some of the most expensive and lauded HT releases, and yet at the same time it tramples them with sheer coolness and shelf presence. The figure looks very intimidating and dominates the display.

It's a testament to it's quality, that despite the much lamented lack of accesories, Bane's display potential is enormous. It's hard to decide which outfit to leave him in (he looks awesome in all of them, even the plain shirt). And then there is the plethora of poses, all of which look cinematic.

Couple of quick, straight out of the box shots:
Z89ruEY.jpg

8Zn0UbR.jpg

pAqeEQI.jpg

7zhtMgX.jpg

xgNlhog.jpg

Unfortunately I did found two production problems after unboxing the figure.

The first one is quite a bummer. As You can see in the photos below, his left arm seems to be socketed uncorretly. I tried to apply some force and pop it in, but with no effect (afraid to use more strenght and break something inside the figure). Now I am not sure if its just a problem with the arm, or the chest piece as well. It's possible that the flexible chest piece is a bit warped, hence not covering the arm socket correctly. You can't really see it in the picture, but there is a slight, uneven curvature to his chest. The center of his throat doesn't align with the center of his chest, regardless of the pose he is in. I am not 100% sure that its a production defect, couse its subtle enough to be atributted simply to imperfect sculpt. Then again the chest is made from a more flexible plastic and those are easily warped during casting. This unevenness creates the impression, that his head and vest are always slightly misaligned and off-center, no matter how I pose him.

i1rUpIE.jpg

lgRCwDl.jpg

dLAvauT.jpg

The other thing that I noticed as soon as I took him out of the box, and put him into a simple standing pose, is that there was a slight but noticable lean towards his left side, no matter how straight I posed him. I can't get a perfectly straight standing pose with him, as he always leans a little bit the his left. As You can see bellow, his legs are not positioned evenly, and the right one seems to be longer. I tried my best to align the legs, working the joints but nothing helped. I am not sure if this is another defect of the body, or should I just keep trying to pose him correctly. Also the knee joint on his "shorter" leg, bends way too easy.

QlwoZKD.jpg

What do You guys think? Any suggestions for fixing the two problems?

Last edited:

I'd keep that Bane covered and displayed jacket on. Pick up another and make Brokeback Bane.

So You think the muscle body is unsalvageable? Couse keeping him posed with the coat on 100% of the time, is out of the picture for me. Surely there must be some invasive, surgical way to get that arm corrected.

So You think the muscle body is unsalvageable? Couse keeping him posed with the coat on 100% of the time, is out of the picture for me. Surely there must be some invasive, surgical way to get that arm corrected.

IMO anything that shows joints ect makes the piece look like a cheap toy even a wrist joint wouldnt cut it for me :gah:

Mine has the exact same left shoulder gap. I just posted a photo a page back. I'm also wondering if this can be corrected. Interesting that it's the same shoulder on both of our figures.

IMO anything that shows joints ect makes the piece look like a cheap toy even a wrist joint wouldnt cut it for me :gah:

I don't have a big problem with the asthetics of the joints, Bane looks mighty awesome with just his vest put on, despite them. I am however bugged by a faulty left arm, that looks as if it's one step from poping free of its socket.

Mine has the exact same left shoulder gap. I just posted a photo a page back. I'm also wondering if this can be corrected. Interesting that it's the same shoulder on both of our figures.

You think this is something that would warrant a body replacement from Sideshow? If not, then I think during the weekend, I'll have a crack at opening the chest and try some exploratory surgery. See if I can do anything about the arm. If I **** it up, I'll let You know :)

You think this is something that would warrant a body replacement from Sideshow? If not, then I think during the weekend, I'll have a crack at opening the chest and try some exploratory surgery. See if I can do anything about the arm. If I **** it up, I'll let You know :)

It couldn't hurt to shoot them an email to find out. Mine also has a loose knee joint, similar to what you've explained, in addition to the ugly shoulder gap. I'm only hesitant to try for a replacement because it seems likely I'd have similar issues next time. These flaws don't ruin the figure for me, but they're just irritating enough to taint the excitement of a nice new figure.
I also don't mind exposed joints, so that isn't the issue for me either. And Bane looks meanest in just the vest, if you ask me. As cool as the coat is, the bare-armed look best represents Bane to me.

Best of luck if you operate, but I wouldn't blame you for just going for a replacement. Either way, please let me know. I hope you get it sorted out, bud. :hi5:

I have bane and black widow sitting in there boxes right in front of me but my wife won't let me open them until my birthday on Friday..........Aaaaaaahhhhhhh the horror

The other thing that I noticed as soon as I took him out of the box, and put him into a simple standing pose, is that there was a slight but noticable lean towards his left side, no matter how straight I posed him. I can't get a perfectly straight standing pose with him, as he always leans a little bit the his left. As You can see bellow, his legs are not positioned evenly, and the right one seems to be longer. I tried my best to align the legs, working the joints but nothing helped. I am not sure if this is another defect of the body, or should I just keep trying to pose him correctly. Also the knee joint on his "shorter" leg, bends way too easy.

QlwoZKD.jpg

What do You guys think? Any suggestions for fixing the two problems?

Mine is exactly the same - his left leg is shorter

Just picked up the trailmaster jacket from Black Ops, and was able to use a coupon. I went back and forth on just ordering the entire set elsewhere, so glad I waited :yess:

What do you think the solution would be to the visible joint problem? I too did not like joints, but without them all you have is a statue. Rubber arms may work, but they would most likely crack or crease over time.

I plan on displaying one of my Bane's shirtless. I have come to accept the joints (but am always hoping that Hot Toys or another company can hide the joints somehow).

I have the same left arm joint issue. I just assumed it was normal since it's not as visible as on the last picture posted.

If any of you guys come up with a solution that isn't too risky, that'd be great. I'm assuming some of the guys who have actually swapped arms knows how the joints work might be able to chime in on how this might be possible?

Ok in regards to the arm... it's how the shoulder cuff rotates. I can make either shoulder on the body look like what is shown in the pictures.

In regards to the leg length... you can move either leg up or down on the pelvic pivot joint and it will vary the length of the legs.

So it's not a defect. I have 3 Bane bodies and all of them are like this.

My BANE has arrived in the UK!
Hoping I get him tomorrow!!
Good times guys!! *disco dances*

Bri:D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

just got my Bane figure, out of box he just look too clean. I did some weathering on the coat. It makes the figure more realistic compare to stock. check em out.

IMG_3795_zpsbcbcd1e0.jpg

IMG_3777_zps5fc10241.jpg

Excellent weathering man!!!:hi5:
This is on my to do list, along with modding the same pants that Elvis used.
But I'm actually starting to like the custom pants. As long as you pull them out of the boots and try to stretch it, its not bad.
I may end up just sticking to it, but maybe darkening it a little and weathering it also.

How did you weather the coat? It looks MUCH better!

Bri

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back