Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Mine came today. Better than I expected! Sleeper figure for sure! The only thing I had a hard time with was putting that gauntlet inside the jacket.:banghead

I just love this thread. As much as I love this figure.

It's so refreshing to stop by a thread where everyone seems to be very happy with the subject :)

Yup. Just rotate the shoulder over the ball joint and it will be fine.

Could You elaborate a bit more on this please? Couse after You said that it's just matter of adjusting the joints, I tried tweaking them in every which way but to no effect. The shoulder ball joint on which the arm is resting is ok, its in the same position as the one on the right arm. Its just the left arm itself doesn't seem to be properly attached to the ball joint. It doesn't cover it fully like the right arm does, and it also feels very loose, like its about to fall off.

Sorry if its a noobish question but I don't have much experience with HT bodies, as I never had to tweak any of them (all my figures are of the fully clothed/armoured sort, and have no issues with posing). I am afraid of tweaking too much, or applying force, lest I break something with my super manly toy collectors strength :)

It's so refreshing to stop by a thread where everyone seems to be very happy with the subject :)

And in the DC section of all places.

Last edited:

I just love this thread. As much as I love this figure.

i agree!

i didn't think i would be this excited about bane, but i love having him in my collection.

mister j, however, is not pleased and has been sulking. must be jealous.

harleybane.jpg

Could You elaborate a bit more on this please? Couse after You said that it's just matter of adjusting the joints, I tried tweaking them in every which way but to no effect. The shoulder ball joint on which the arm is resting is ok, its in the same position as the one on the right arm. Its just the left arm itself doesn't seem to be properly attached to the ball joint. It doesn't cover it fully like the right arm does, and it also feels very loose, like its about to fall off.

I literally rotated the arm backwards one turn. To be more specific: raise bane's arm and then rotate it backwards until it is back to normal position. This fixed the gap for me.

In that case I must have a different problem with the figure than You. Rotating the arm, in fact tweaking its position in any way, mainly deals with moving the ball joint of the shoulder, on which the arm rests. But the ball joint itself is ok. Its the arm that is somehow badly connected to it. Its loose, as if not properly poped in. I cant apply too much force trying to "pop it in", as then I risk damaging the shoulder joint. Perhaps Ill use a hair dryer to soften the arm plastic, remove it althogheter, and then try to re-attach it properly.

I literally rotated the arm backwards one turn. To be more specific: raise bane's arm and then rotate it backwards until it is back to normal position. This fixed the gap for me.

This worked for me as well.

At first I thought that my fig had some kind of problem with the socket, but now it's all good.:exactly:

Just wanted to share these quick photos i took last night.

Wanted to thank fellow freak SNOOKS for these! They look amazing and instant upgrade over HT Skinny Jeans. Also, super fast delivery all the way from Germany to the states! :1-1:

Was able to buy some FCS pants from BlackOpsToys last week, so I sent those out to Mr. Ecko, along with those Korean Infantry Boots, to get the Bane Treatment for my Trailmaster Jacket Bane that I'm working on now :hi5:

Definitely want to thank both members for helping me achieve a more movie accurate Bane! :duff

AA778E2C-7969-44CA-8CC3-F171AB74AEC3-498-0000004257B7BE3F_zps6e35ebba.jpg

E44AD4F3-E13F-47DE-B1F1-5FD0A8C0D12A-498-000000425B2A2253_zpsb49598ab.jpg

Looks Badass man , thanks for the shout & the business brother

Just wanted to share these quick photos i took last night.

Wanted to thank fellow freak SNOOKS for these! They look amazing and instant upgrade over HT Skinny Jeans. Also, super fast delivery all the way from Germany to the states! :1-1:

Was able to buy some FCS pants from BlackOpsToys last week, so I sent those out to Mr. Ecko, along with those Korean Infantry Boots, to get the Bane Treatment for my Trailmaster Jacket Bane that I'm working on now :hi5:

Definitely want to thank both members for helping me achieve a more movie accurate Bane! :duff

AA778E2C-7969-44CA-8CC3-F171AB74AEC3-498-0000004257B7BE3F_zps6e35ebba.jpg

E44AD4F3-E13F-47DE-B1F1-5FD0A8C0D12A-498-000000425B2A2253_zpsb49598ab.jpg

Dayyyyy-um. Those pants are ***** awesome!:clap

How much did they set you back? I think I want a pair.

Dayyyyy-um. Those pants are ***** awesome!:clap

How much did they set you back? I think I want a pair.

Contact fellow freak SNOOKS...She'll hook you up :wink1:

Looks Badass man , thanks for the shout & the business brother

My pleasure brotha! Your work speaks for itself :hi5: Can't wait to get my pants and boots! Bane is gonna rock the party!

Really need to get the different arms so I can boss pose him and damn if getting Bane doesn't make me want to pull the trigger on the Camo Tumbler. But as is he is a pretty fantastic figure and from my point of view needs less tweaking than any of the other HT I've gotten lately. Def went from being my least anticipated release to my favorite (until Joker 2.0 probably). Here are some quick pics I took last night. I wanted to do some different posing without the jacket but after 20 minutes of struggle to get the gauntlet and jacket on correctly I couldn't get the nerve to take it off again. He is ruling over the living room now and my wife is so impressed with it that she convinced me to leave it there for a few weeks instead of going to the case in the mancave, which speaks to the figure as she NEVER lets me do that. :yess:
Bane-8743_zpscd366470.jpg

Bane-8714_zpsb60b01e3.jpg

Bane-8728_zpsd0d4c55d.jpg

Bane-8723_zps9be7ef33.jpg

Bane-8721_zpsb7f62095.jpg

Bane-8716_zps777c82b9.jpg

Bane-8715_zpsf5b2427a.jpg

just got my Bane figure, out of box he just look too clean. I did some weathering on the coat. It makes the figure more realistic compare to stock. check em out.

IMG_3791_zps94185ecd.jpg

IMG_3790_zpsecda2e1e.jpg

IMG_3780_zps534b8d50.jpg

IMG_3795_zpsbcbcd1e0.jpg

IMG_3777_zps5fc10241.jpg

I did wonder if rubbing sandpaper over the jacket would make it look more accurate, thanks for doing this and it looks sweet I'll give this a go when I do get him. :clap

Got mine today as well. I think it's even better than the dx 12

Back