Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

You'll feel even better when you find that jacket parted out for $46. :pfft:

I just bought the jacket from BBTS! Man, I need my head examined! 200+ for Bane, now I'm dropping 80 more bucks for his wordrobe!! But, man, I can't resist myself!!! Plastic Crack!!!:panic:

I bought the same set a short time ago, I used the other clothes that came with the set to update my t1 police shootout, that way I got full use of the set and did'nt end up paying 75 bucks just for the jacket, heres the result

updatet-800034_zps16afa66d.jpg

updatet-800033_zps161468eb.jpg

updatet-800032_zps81a35dc8.jpg

updatet-800030_zps22345b84.jpg

updatet-800029_zpsca3641d6.jpg

updatet-800027_zpsb76877ab.jpg

Im almost 100% set on buying a second Bane to display with the jacket at the same time :/

I want a trialmaster for my second bane too but I don't wanna pay anymore haha. I've been tryna decide to do the cm toys seamless body with the vest only look or I can use my ttm20 body with bane arms in the trialmaster.

Either way I'm coming out 60 plus more and I don't even know where I will display a second bane haha.

Doing the arm mod for a local freak buddy. Until the arms arrive I thought I'd have a little fun with his Bane. Found out that the thigh extenders are harder to take off than I thought. So I tried to just lower them and it still looks great. Just like mine. Hope you like so far Mike. Just some futzing for now. :wave

IMG_1223_zps530c31f1.jpg

IMG_1222_zps92533b69.jpg

IMG_1221_zpsfad319e7.jpg

IMG_1220_zps271adc50.jpg

IMG_1218_zps43ec4211.jpg

Those 2 poses are PERFECT. I can't decide which one to use for my bane, and no I won't buy 2 bane figures :lol although I really want too, but joker is next.

I just bought the jacket from BBTS! Man, I need my head examined! 200+ for Bane, now I'm dropping 80 more bucks for his wordrobe!! But, man, I can't resist myself!!! Plastic Crack!!!:panic:

Haha! I'm personally content with the pants (not baggy enough yes, but at least colors are accurate). The stock figure is already pretty good in all honesty, but if you really wanna get into modding all the little details and grabbing the rest of his wardrobe, you'll find yourself ending up on essentially making your own DX Bane. :rotfl

Case in point, as you can see in the following links, all the extra parts I got for myself basically add up to a pseudo-DX set: link 1, link 2

EDIT

Repainted the trialmaster jacket. Made the brown a little bit darker, while it doesn't look too noticeable and could almost look black in the new photos, I'll point you to my previous photos when it was still black as a point of comparison: link

But yeah, having checked some photos, turns out that it's meant to be really dark brown (almost black in some of Hardy's on-set photos). I also noticed that the buttons are faded gold after all, so I mixed some black and gold to get that worn look for the buttons.

Here's the result:

8oD836Z.jpg

K1njbSY.jpg

GpWvANa.jpg

As you can see in the new photos one of the main indicators of the new color difference is the inside fabric in contrast with the outside material, which is still black unlike the outside which is now a dark brown.

Last edited:

Looks MUCH better Ronri! :clap

These are the Hero Pants used in the film

060sw.jpg

068gvo.jpg

058md.jpg

Hot Toys are inaccurate

"We both know that I have to kill you now..."

yIcWz0k.jpg

"You'll just have to imagine the FIRE!"

DR0HX46.jpg

PpEXepu.jpg

Im currently bidding on that shotgun myself, but it seems im bidding with a few bidders. Seems people are finally catching up? :panic::lol

These are the Hero Pants used in the film

Hot Toys are inaccurate

Yes I've seen those already. I've already spoken about this in a different post. In terms of literal colors used by the production crew, yes HT is inaccurate (pants should be faded dull blue), but if you look at stills from the film and even on-set photos, some of the lighting hits his pants in such a way that the colors tend to have an altered appearance. In that regard, HT's pants does look accurate in terms of lighting coloration if you factor some of the photos of Bane in certain moments, especially during the sewer fight (just to be clear, I know it's not literally accurate, but I'm talking about the effect of the lighting here). I find that with colors on figures like these what's also important for me is how it pops out at the viewer at face value and HT's choice of color isn't truly horrible when you compare it to some photos of Bane where it actually matches the same color. It's the same principle with the Aliens from ALIENS, if you bring out the production suits, they're actually meant to be brown, yet most merchandise have them as looking mainly blue to match what was seen on-screen with all the SFX and dark lighting.

Case in point for Bane's pants:

1q4EYHB.jpg

rCJXvgw.jpg

rVebYhk.jpg

1LXPJji.jpg

qi1CEg4.jpg

f26n80O.jpg

:lol

Now every time I see his pants, I think of what you said in your review Ecko.

"The zipper to let him take a ****. These help him take a big **** any where he wants without taking off his stuff. Wish I had these at work."

That ****ing killed me.

:lol:lol:rotfl

Ronri, those pics( the old and the updated ) are AWESOME!!!:clap

Thanks! I'll admit that I might settle with what I have for Bane (unless I feel like grabbing new pants or modding the figure even further) as I'm currently looking at other projects to tackle for the time being.

IMG_20130316_215630_186_zps9ae85b63.jpg

God I'm tired of fitting this gauntlet inside the coat. Finally just snipped the seam open and glued it back after getting it set. **** it. :lol

Just undo the straps on one side of the sash, then work it off that way. Use some tweezers to fasten them back. It's really not hard. 3 straps. Just small work.

Detolf set!

IMG_20130316_223853_671_zps529d25e1.jpg

IMG_20130316_223910_589_zpsdb4394de.jpg

IMG_20130316_223903_108_zpsed2a8c39.jpg

Nice set up cr0w. You should lower Batman's belt just a tad bit though.

Yeah I did after I snapped the pic. Don't know why it popped up like that. :lol

I just submitted an offer to a guy on Ebay for that Trialmaster jacket. No way am I paying $70+.

Back