Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to pose these two together. Obligatory shots follow..
a6uvysem.jpg
se4ujage.jpg
zymy7ygy.jpg

Ill take better shots tomorrow when I have some natural lighting and then this weekend once my LED lights come in (Think overhead lighting ala sewer).

My first go at this hobby and I love it so far.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Heh. They're out there. My wife bought me a crossbow for our 10th anniversary.

SnakeDoc

I didn't get anything this year for V-Day nor do I expect to ever again. My wife got me an Omega Seamaster as a gift last year which she knows I've been lusting for since before we met :inlove

I'm rewatching TDKR for the first time since it was released on DVD. Bane doesn't wear his coat until an hour and a half into the movie. Instead he wears that outfit on the plane, the stock exchange motorcycle outfit, the sewer vest outfit, and that shorter jacket he wears for a good chunk of time. They should have given us that shorter jacket too. But whatever, I'm happy with this release and will likely alternate between the sewer fight/jacket look when I dust these guys.

Sideshow has been taking too long to where I'm losing interest. Sigh....

Sideshow has been taking too long to where I'm losing interest. Sigh....

Funny you say that.....I had like 5+ different figures PO and sometimes when it takes forever or there's delays, I too lose interest. Right now I'm down to one PO left. It's a good thing SS hardly have stuff in stock because I can go broke easily.......when I like something I just want to click and be done with versus if there's a waitlist or backorder I just lose interest while waiting.

The time it takes SS to receive these figures after initial release in China is scandalous.

The time it takes SS to receive these figures after initial release in China is scandalous.

With the ever increasing HT fans around the world I wouldn't be surprised if it got worse :lol

Being from the UK we wait much longer than anyone id say, someone correct me if i am wrong. but i prefer it as it gives you much more time to see in hand reviews and pics of each figure and it can help your decision making.

God , i can't wait to get this guy , Watched the film again yesterday.

Bane was so ruthless even after seeing it about 5 times already

There is somethng I just love about his character. He makes the film for me. The figure is so simple yet so amazing - none of the DX nonsense. HT have gone back to their original high quality, straight forward figures.

Had mine now for over a week but, i need a replacement sadly..his center vest armor plate is split at the top and not sealed correctly..kinda sucks but, it is all taken care of.

There is somethng I just love about his character. He makes the film for me.
He is quite easily, in my book, a top five cinematic comic book villain. The character tweaks they made make him even superior to his character in the source material. Bane of the comics + the Mutant Leader from TDK Returns + Modern Mercenary + Bond Villain = Bane from TDK Rises. One of the most ruthless, yet oddly sympathetic villains I've ever seen. Hardy absolutely nailed the performance. My friends and I always use the Bane voice, and use all the memorable lines from the movie.

With the ever increasing HT fans around the world I wouldn't be surprised if it got worse :lol

Being from the UK we wait much longer than anyone id say, someone correct me if i am wrong. but i prefer it as it gives you much more time to see in hand reviews and pics of each figure and it can help your decision making.

:goodpost: Although being from the UK does mean we have to wait longer than most others for our figures, it does give us a good time to look through the reviews to make up our minds. The only problem is when you know you definitely want the figure even after seeing the first review and then have to suffer through the pain of seeing everyone else on the board get their figures while you're waiting :lol

I watched TDKR again yesterday as well. Such an awesome film, Bane really is great. Contemplating whether to buy an arnie t800 body and have him in the boss pose with the coat on. Uni interviews coming up though so not sure whether I can afford it :gah:

I watched TDKR again yesterday as well. Such an awesome film, Bane really is great. Contemplating whether to buy an arnie t800 body and have him in the boss pose with the coat on. Uni interviews coming up though so not sure whether I can afford it :gah:

the thigh parts of the cargos will be extremely tight like leggings if you use the T800 body.

Back