Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

This is black?
banevsbane2.png
I have no idea! Could be brown. Could be black. The problem is that the screen version is heavily weathered with the yellow material so we can't tell. Looks like HT went with black, considering the uncertainty and fact that they wanted to make it look "clean." Like Choco says, you put some "yellowcake powder" (what Bane or Joker would do) or pollen on the guy, and he'll look like the screen version if that's what you want.

hot toys= looks like he just went shopping and got a new set of cloths

movie= salvation army duds

hot toys= looks like he just went shopping and got a new set of cloths

movie= salvation army duds
Correct. And if you want to fault HT for that, you can, but doing weathered clothing is generally not their MO unless it is absolutely unavoidable like Two-Face or Whiplash.

this is exactly what Im thinking, people just want the crappy rubber bodies that they wont be able to even MOVE because they will rip to shreds.... I know the joints are showing but I rather have a figure that has joints showing that i will be able to move and display than have a figure that wont be able to move in fear of tearing the rubber...:cuckoo:

...and we all know what happens when you tear the rubber. We end up with more little figures :rotfl

Other than a slight color difference in the plates that pic shows this to be nearly spot on. The belts/straps look almost brown in that still.

Nice find! :clap

I can still find plenty of nitpicky things (real life straps meet at the buckle, figure's don't), but one of the biggest issues is the figure's vest makes him look too slim. Not in a "non-muscular" way, but the movie vest seems to bulge out a bit, in a bulbous way.

The figure almost has the reverse SSC Boba Fett problem.

Yeah, okay you're right.

But I've said it a million times. I'm not a stickler for screen accuracy. For me it's about two things:

1) Is the character instantly recognizable?
2) Does it look good in it's own right without side-by-side screen caps?

I say yes on both count for this figure.

The reason I don't like the ab armor on Batman DX12 is not that it's not screen accurate, it's because it makes the figure look boxy. There is nothing on this figure like that imo. It all looks well proportioned and I can't wait to have it on my shelf.

HT just needs to GIVE HIM ANKLE ARTICULATION.

The thing that bothers me isnt all screen accuracy. Im usually not a stickler for that. But whats not accurate on the figure is completely throwing my opinion off. It just looks rushed, like they didnt give a crap what the outcome was. The sculpt is incredible, but then you get to the clothing which all looks really cheap. All bad...

I have no idea! Could be brown. Could be black. The problem is that the screen version is heavily weathered with the yellow material so we can't tell. Looks like HT went with black, considering the uncertainty and fact that they wanted to make it look "clean." Like Choco says, you put some "yellowcake powder" (what Bane or Joker would do) or pollen on the guy, and he'll look like the screen version if that's what you want.

I know I can weather and repaint this guy, but those pants are completely wrong. The design, placement of the kneepads...all wrong. And the vest has the wrong placement of pads and straps which would take a lot of work to fix it. Work that we should have to do when paying this much.

Major inaccuracies in the vest. A simple color change and weathering would make it look better, but would still not fix it entirely.

Visible articulation on bare arms still makes these figures look like their cheaper - "off the shelf/standard kid's toy" counter parts rather than high-end toy collectibles. Just my opinion.

Lastly, Hardy may not be that "big/beefy" but this body does not look appropriate for his character. It may actually not be the arms that make him look small...I think it may be the shoulders/neck/upper back that need to be bigger. (Which requires new tooling/mold that HT do not need to invest in to milk this quick release. I'm sure they're already working on a more appropriate body for the inevitable future "accurate body - DX release".

Other than a slight color difference in the plates that pic shows this to be nearly spot on. The belts/straps look quite brown in that still.

Nice find! :clap

Belt is completely wrong, padding placement is wrong. You really dont see that?

It sucks that so many are disappointed with the look of this figure. All that matters to me as I am happy with it and I'm gonna get it.

I know I can weather and repaint this guy, but those pants are completely wrong. The design, placement of the kneepads...all wrong. And the vest has the wrong placement of pads and straps which would take a lot of work to fix it. Work that we should have to do when paying this much.
Well dang. . .you'll just have to contact Kato I guess.

I think people are underwhelmed because his appearance isnt as flamboyant as The Joker or other villains.

This is why I think he might not get a DX. If Two-Face didn't earn one, and he came from the most profitable of the Batman movies, I think Bane might be a one and done type of figure.

Especially when you consider how "toyetic" Catwoman is in comparison...

Yeah I'll make my circles and arrows pics when I'm home but seriously don't understand how anyone can think the body looks right :lol

I can see Catwoman having a better chance at a DX treatment than Bane.

in film and TV occasionally you'll find a lot of set and costumes have specific colour modifications in order to obtain a specific on-camera look.

Posting images of the actual costume and on set pictures may actually not be what it looks like on camera after colour grading etc.

Wait for reliable screen caps.

Back