Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

As if it's wrong to point out flaws for something you pay money for, ____ off.

just go on facebook and click on some random post, it's funny cause they always tell people to get a life while they are always there scanning for negative comments about HT

Wow -- 50 pages on this?

So is the consensus that this Bane is the V1 Joker of the new movie? Meaning the next version will correct all the flaws we see on this one.

My advice: wait for the next Bane.

I'm hoping we get display images some time today or tomorrow.

is anyone bothered by the fact that muscular truetype can't pose the signature "grab vest" bane pose ?

I hope the bacne is in there as well... I need this ____ to be 100% accurate!!! :lol

I don't post on here much but thought this was funny because I could see someone typing this. Sometimes I shake my head in disappointment and sometimes I lol on these boards. Anyway I am planning on getting this even with some flaws as long as it is under $200 shipped.

Think I saw someone mention the acne was from steroid use. People not on steroids get back acne too and even at his biggest on the set he does not have a steroid body. Could he have taken some sort of PED? Yeah but nothing about his body screams steroids to me. He is not that big, his traps, neck and back are his best parts. He really is not ripped either so a lot of veins in the arms wouldn't be that accurate. He looks pretty smooth in most pics to me and he is lean.

Wow -- 50 pages on this?

So is the consensus that this Bane is the V1 Joker of the new movie? Meaning the next version will correct all the flaws we see on this one.

I think it looks better than some are saying. Not perfect -- but a lot better than Joker V1. Headsculpt is great. Costume is pretty good, but needs weathering. Body is fine-sized, but needs more bulk around the neck, back and shoulders.

There might not be another Bane, esp. if this one doesn't sell well.

is anyone bothered by the fact that muscular truetype can't pose the signature "grab vest" bane pose ?

Half were upset about that. The other half were upset about visible articulation.

SnakeDoc

Wow -- 50 pages on this?

Good advice, but if it turns out that they are not going to make another Bane, we'd be buggered. Because by then them sellers would have it sold for over $200. So yeah, I think this dilemma justifies all the rant and criticism.

Yeah, that was the first thing that I thought. They should have included special arms that allow for that, the same way the did with Hawkeye. Do you think they will? No way. Personally, I think this release has failed already on that alone. If you can't pose him in the most memorable pose (YET) then what's the point?

This release was disappointing. In fact, most of the previous releases have been a let down TO ME. I'm starting to get sick of Hot Toys. Gonna get a couple more and then I'm out. I'm starting to dig these sideshow statues more. You get more for your money in the end.

What a boring figure.
I expect the character is pretty interesting, but the figure itself seems very uninteresting.

Tj75u.jpg

I've been avoiding the TDKR thread until I see the movie, so this has probably come up already, but... what is the deal with this?

They were guessing the number of underarm hairs?

Speaking of which, there better be accurate rooted armpit hair on this figure.

I've been avoiding the TDKR thread until I see the movie, so this has probably come up already, but... what is the deal with this?

Bane Bingo.

There might not be another Bane, esp. if this one doesn't sell well.

Really? Only one Bane ever made? The main villain of the final film of the trilogy?

No way. There's another already done. Maybe in that "crossing guard" outfit.

One Catwoman -- yes, she only has the one outfit -- but only one Bane? I can't imagine.

But then again, maybe they'll just make another Joker.

They were done shooting the scene in the stadium with all the extras that showed up to make up for the crowd. They may have raffled some photo opportunities with Tom Hardy afterward.

I haven't liked the design of Bane in this movie from the beginning. I'm going to have to really fall in love with the actual character in the movie to want this. Nothing Hot Toys could do...it's just a drab character design. Who am I kidding? I bought a $320 Ra's Al Ghul...I'll buy this.

:rotfl I think everyone will do the same

i don't think they will do another Bane. Scarecrow has been in all of the movies and he only has one (that he had to share with the Demon Batman). As such, they will probably only do one Catwoman. When it comes to Joker, he's so iconic to the Batman lore that they had to get it right.

I haven't liked the design of Bane in this movie from the beginning. I'm going to have to really fall in love with the actual character in the movie to want this. Nothing Hot Toys could do...it's just a drab character design. Who am I kidding? I bought a $320 Ra's Al Ghul...I'll buy this.

Can I see it? And where did you get it?

Spoiler Spoiler:

i don't think they will do another Bane. Scarecrow has been in all of the movies and he only has one (that he had to share with the Demon Batman). As such, they will probably only do one Catwoman. When it comes to Joker, he's so iconic to the Batman lore that they had to get it right.

Also, he's still in high demand.

I could see them doing only one Bane if this one doesn't sell. There is certainly room for another if they want -- hijacking, stock market, black leather jacket, etc.

Bane just isn't the Joker. He has no facial expression, so all the headsculpts will be the same. Joker had endless sculpting possibilities -- we're on our fifth and sixth sculpt with the 2.0 (not counting the V1). Not many accessories available for production ... best we can tell, he uses his bare hands mostly. Joker had quite a few accessories.

Bane is psychologically interesting and threatening ... but not a particularly visually interesting character. Joker was probably the most visually interesting character out there. Bane's costume is militaristic, simple, and doesn't change much. Joker was exactly the opposite.

Nolan's Bane is closer to Two Face than Joker in execution. The figure is more of a Nick Fury-type figure. One-and-done is possible.

SnakeDoc

Can I see it? And where did you get it?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, he's still in high demand.
With Gordan on the horizon, I am hopeful.

Back