Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I'm sure others have mentioned it already but where's his wrist guard?
Not sold on this yet. Have to see the movie first.

I'm sure others have mentioned it already but where's his wrist guard?
Not sold on this yet. Have to see the movie first.

Last picture. Its there.

SnakeDoc

That should be the first picture up... everyone misses it.

Just wondering something, back in the day when Hot Toys were just starting up/getting popular did they still get complaints about the prototypes? Or were people more or less happy with what was shown?

I wasn't collecting back then so just wondered, thanks to anyone that knows.

On Bane, i think it looks good after taking more time to go over the pics, I like the stand, the only thing i think loos a little weird are his proportions without the jacket, can't put my finger on what's throwing it off tho.

I won't be getting this one as it's more important i buy some display cases to protect my current figures/preorders than add more to them.

People were blown away by BR Joker and Two-Face protos. Hardly any complaints.

I lol'd pretty hard on this one. :goodpost:

I think the head sculpt is actually pretty damn good. Very detailed and you can see Hardy in there.

It's the body that is not impressive, without the coat the figure looks out of proportion. It needs the huge neck and newly designed arms to fitted Bane look of the film.

Unfortanely if HT did that, the figure would probably be at least $220. I'm sure they thought of it; but in this case they probably thought collectors would benefit from the figure being more affordable.

3vcats.jpg

The color are awfull

this thing should be $165 MSRP along with Resident Evil Afterlife: Alice.

People were blown away by BR Joker and Two-Face protos. Hardly any complaints.

The bar is set pretty high right now. This is like a downward sidegrade in terms of quality IMO, but people will settle for it because this is all they're being offered.

Just wondering something, back in the day when Hot Toys were just starting up/getting popular did they still get complaints about the prototypes? Or were people more or less happy with what was shown?

I wasn't collecting back then so just wondered, thanks to anyone that knows.

On Bane, i think it looks good after taking more time to go over the pics, I like the stand, the only thing i think loos a little weird are his proportions without the jacket, can't put my finger on what's throwing it off tho.

I won't be getting this one as it's more important i buy some display cases to protect my current figures/preorders than add more to them.

I think everything HT did early on was amazing and received positive opinions. Mainly because it was the first time we began to see really detailed highly posable figures from our favorite films.

As HT got better and better, the fans expectations got higher.

If you go back though and look at the original Routh Superman and the original Batman Begins Batman, those figures have no likeness to the actors and you can see just how far HT has come. Even the original colonial marines, the outfits were amazing, albeit very fragile,, but the head sculpts weren't the best and the paint applications were that of hasbro.

As HT has gotten better, so have the standards they set and fans have come to expect.

the clothes/vest are obviously wrong, but what i don't get is why the hell this barry dude and this unlucky jennifer on facebook keep saying
"oh, it's prototype, their gonna fix it, get a life and dont point out the flaws"
jesus these guys are retarded as Faq !!

it looks fine, nothing terribly exciting. doesnt convey any menace. should be bulkier or something.

and i know its not a DX but if any character needed moving glazzies its tom hardys bane. a shame they didnt step up and go the extra mile.

the clothes/vest are obviously wrong, but what i don't get is why the hell this barry dude and this unlucky jennifer on facebook keep saying
"oh, it's prototype, their gonna fix it, get a life and dont point out the flaws"
jesus these guys are retarded as Faq !!

Only thing worse is bothering to complain about facebook commenters on here.

SnakeDoc

As if it's wrong to point out flaws for something you pay money for, ____ off.

Some reviewers have said now and again that the only way we can rationalize the price of HT figures is by thinking that we are buying the head sculpt for its artistry. This figure only has its eyes on show and yet we are expected to pay some $180+ for it. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

His body is way off, doesn't have the bulk. Not sure if Barney Ross was a newly developed body but if it was they could've used that. Another option was like T2 T-800 they could've added a muscle layer to the body for the bulk. Either way the movie will be a huge hit and there are way too many Batman collectors who want to complete their collections to not invest in making this better.

I'm having a hard time finding anything accurate about this figure.

The Jacket is good but the vest and trousers(pants) are just shockingly bad, the body shape looks nothing like Hardy's, mainly the torso and neck area are just to small, I really doubt it will have the scar running down the back as well, also it should come with the other jacket he wears, oh and the boots are just as bad as the the rest.

I do have to say the head sculpt is excellent, and the broken cowl is awesome, but overall this is a poor figure.

Back