Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to make a pair of custom bane pants. Does anyone have a pair of DID Multicam Gen 1 Crye pants or Soldier Story FCS pants they are looking to part with?

Amazing pics- notice how this figure is the most expensive figure from that movie to buy in secondary market- who would have thought??

Modded my Bane with the Star Lord body . Swapped out the rubber upper body so Bane has his token scar. Un-glued all the straps tightened then sewed them in place so they would not loosen over time . Re-laced the corset in the back as well.

184a204b994382878d70d6a04c670ea5.jpg

e9f797d7a13d4bffd0be9df3eeda9740.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought of the single-jointed elbows as a mistake. I always thought of it as a compromise.

Figures like Star-Lord and The Last Stand Wolverine were all given double-jointed arms because they are not meant to be posed without their overcoats/jackets.

While it compromised the "boss pose" a lot of people seem to want to give their Bane figures, HT actually offered more display options with Bane by giving it the sculpted muscular arms.

I can see where you are coming from buddy but I'm thinking that most people wanted to be able to pose their Bane in the 'like a Boss' pose so were rightfully pissed that HT never released him with the double jointed elbow body.

I understand why HT went down the route they did for the reasons you have stated. It's funny cause I did the arm swap mod almost immediately and I have only displayed him in the 'like a Boss' pose once and yet when I was doing the mod I kept thinking to myself I would just leave him in that pose for a long time. Funny how I can achieve that pose after the arm mod but I almost always have him displayed in another pose. :lol

I never thought of the single-jointed elbows as a mistake. I always thought of it as a compromise.

Figures like Star-Lord and The Last Stand Wolverine were all given double-jointed arms because they are not meant to be posed without their overcoats/jackets.

While it compromised the "boss pose" a lot of people seem to want to give their Bane figures, HT actually offered more display options with Bane by giving it the sculpted muscular arms.

Absolutely spot on.

I understad that point of view but I disagree, there is a reason why I choose to buy figures instead of statues. I want to be able to pose them however I want (keep in mind that I'm against rubber bodies and single jointed elbows on ANY kind of figure)

They limited the pose options for a "better look" which BTW doesn't look good at all imo how the figure is "meant to be posed" should be our decision they shouldn't decide for us.

Just saying, it's just my opinion, I still like this figure despite all of this

A simple body switch allows the boss pose if you are that much inclined to pose it like that.

HT made the only logical choice for arms that can be posed freely but also displayed sans the coat, for a character that was on screen that way for key parts of the film.

I don't even care about that pose, I don't like those elbows that's all

But I think I'll buy and extra body with more articulation just in case

Back