Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really think Ra's was iconic enough for a DX treatment? I'd love all the stuff you mentioned. I'd love the ninja outfit and Suit, but I just never thought of Ra's as DX material.

No I don't think Ra's is iconic enough, I never said he was but I would like HT to produce a figure that has not just got the bare bones, like Bane did. It would be fine If it was just a standard MMS release but I fear HT would skimp on accessories, alternative outfits etc. Unortuantly it seems gone are the days when HT seemed to give value for money with their figs.

I wish the DX14 was Ra's rather then Mime Joker. :exactly:

No I don't think Ra's is iconic enough, I never said he was but I would like HT to produce a figure that has not just got the bare bones, like Bane did. It would be fine If it was just a standard MMS release but I fear HT would skimp on accessories, alternative outfits etc. Unortuantly it seems gone are the days when HT seemed to give value for money with their figs.

I wish the DX14 was Ra's rather then Mime Joker. :exactly:

No you never said he was iconic enough but DX's are usually for such roles, but I get what you're saying :)

What exactly did Bane really have in the film? He didn't have much. Probably could have given him the Shotgun, but other than that, what? The only thing I feel would be to give him either the "crashing this plane" outfit or the stock exchange outfit, or both.

Last edited:
No you never said he was iconic enough but DX's are usually for such roles, but I get what you're saying :)

What exactly did Bane really have in the film? He didn't have much. Probably could have given him the Shotgun, but other than that, what? The only thing I feel would be to give him either the "crashing this plane" outfit or the stock exchange outfit, or both.

I don't think Bane was too light. I thought they included what was needed. He didn't use much stuff in the movie. Only thing I thought should've been included that wasn't was the Stadium PA Headset ...

Dark+Knight+Rises.jpg

Only other options were a motorcycle helmet, the Dent photo/ Gordon speech, and the two alternate costumes (hijacking and leather jacket). That stuff would've been nice, but I wouldn't expect three costumes. This version of Bane already had several costume options (vest, coat, shirt).

Guess they could've done an alternate crying sculpt ... for friendzone display options.

I do think the photo of Harvey Dent would have been nice. I still think compared to other characters Bane is light on stuff, but that's just my opinion.

Some characters are light on accessories by necessity. Superman, for instance, rarely comes with much beyond the shirt on his back ... because he fights with his bare hands through every movie. Bane's kinda the same way. Brawlers don't use weapons. No weapons, limited accessory options. The cracked Batman mask was easily the best accessory they could've included ... and they did.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually have little interest in the Boss pose.

What I was hoping for was a picture of him topless with the arms swapped. I'd like to see how good of a match they are in fit and shape.

Maglor I will probably not get to see your video until tomorrow so I will have a look then but here are pictures of my Bane after I did the mod.

There you go buddy, I hope they help.

I don't think Bane was too light. I thought they included what was needed. He didn't use much stuff in the movie. Only thing I thought should've been included that wasn't was the Stadium PA Headset ...

Dark+Knight+Rises.jpg

Only other options were a motorcycle helmet, the Dent photo/ Gordon speech, and the two alternate costumes (hijacking and leather jacket). That stuff would've been nice, but I wouldn't expect three costumes. This version of Bane already had several costume options (vest, coat, shirt).

Guess they could've done an alternate crying sculpt ... for friendzone display options.

Some characters are light on accessories by necessity. Superman, for instance, rarely comes with much beyond the shirt on his back ... because he fights with his bare hands through every movie. Bane's kinda the same way. Brawlers don't use weapons. No weapons, limited accessory options. The cracked Batman mask was easily the best accessory they could've included ... and they did.

SnakeDoc

Well said. :goodpost:

After Bane's arrival earlier in the week he totally dominated my 1/6th collection-- but today he's suddenly become a very small fish. Some might say puny...

:lol I kid. Still a great representation of Bane.

You merely adopted the idea of buying the figure. I was born for it, molded by it even though I didn't see the figure until I had aged by a year and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!!!!!!!!!

If i were to use a TT 21 arms would I still have to sand that round pin that goes into the socket of the banes body? Can anyone let me know. Thanks for the video Malgor:hi5:

Great video Maglor very informative and I think a lot of people will benefit from it as an alternative from Clipper's mod.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

PS - I didn't swap the arms at the shoulder point like you did, I just sanded down the TTM-20 peg to fit in the semi grove/cut in Bane's shoulder.

Maglor I will probably not get to see your video until tomorrow so I will have a look then but here are pictures of my Bane after I did the mod.

There you go buddy, I hope they help.

Looks great! :clap

Great video Maglor very informative and I think a lot of people will benefit from it as an alternative from Clipper's mod.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

PS - I didn't swap the arms at the shoulder point like you did, I just sanded down the TTM-20 peg to fit in the semi grove/cut in Bane's shoulder.

Not sure I follow.

Would my method work with the TTM-20 arms? Did I mention the right area for sanding?

Back