Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

the jacket is made of cotton just like the one from the film, the original is made of waxed cotton, I think is called Belfast Trialmaster motorcycle jacket, I waxed mine yesterday it came out good I think

That jacket looks damn good man :hi5:

Awesome stadium bane mike:clap:clap:clap

Thanks Brother :hi5:

Thanks for your help Ecko , your input was priceless, the first pic is how I had the jacket at first, but with the pics you showed me and a little elbow grease this is how it turned out :hi5:
baneac.jpg
[/IMG]
bane5.jpg
[/IMG]

You're welcome buddy , the brown looks so much better.

Did you see my TrialMaster painted up?

I finally finished my Boss Version Bane :yess:

I just finished the brown (raw umber) dry brushing on th TrialMaster Coat .

It's showing way more brown in the photos ,trust me it looks way different in person .

there is black showing through

banethebossversion10000.jpg

banethebossversion10000m.jpg

banethebossversion10001.jpg

Wow Ecko your the Bomb!!! that jacket looks awesome, I hate youuu:pfft: hahahaha just kidding :lol. By the way I saw your videos on youtube their great Bro, keep up the good work. :clap

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't bodybuilders primarily interested in appearance and very specific kinds of tasks?

Bane was big, but he wasn't a "bodybuilder" in the professional sense of the term. He was a brutal warrior, and I don't think they have to eat all the time. His muscles weren't his end goal, they were just part of his means.

Well I think Silasya77 addressed this point the best. Bane's men weren't greedy opportunists, they were true believers and fanatics, willing to throw themselves on their swords for him and his cause. The movie makes this quite clear (though I do wish it explored Bane's "mystique" a bit more).

lolwut?

He's on the ground after he's had the **** beaten out of him, so that somehow is meant to imply that he can't stand up for the rest of his life?

Seriously?

Barring an in-depth explanation of how his device works, I think we're meant to assume that the painkillers are cut off completely once it's broken. (those of us with medical knowledge know there'd be a delay before he felt the effects, as the painkillers would still be present in his bloodstream - but this "instant effect" of medication is a movie trope, so we're supposed to accept that within the rules of Hollywood).

Ok, I think it's clear you missed the entire point of the movie, and the trilogy in general. Batman is an effective fighter, but what he really does for the city is act as a symbol. An inspiration.

The flaming Bat symbol he creates is meant to galvanize the city - the civilians and the police - to step up and fight for Gotham. No one individual can deal as much damage as Batman could, but together, collectively, they are far more effective than any one man could be. Which makes any time spent on that flaming symbol worth more than anything else he might have done instead.

He talks about this in the first movie and it is brought up throughout each of the three films.
All I'm saying is that the mask just seems too flawed to be practical, at least for me. Anyways, I think I've upset some people here with my opinions about the movie(which I should have guessed in a DKR thread :p) and strayed far off topic, so I'll just back off and let everyone go back to talking about the figure. And for what it's worth, I really don't dislike the movie as much as I'm making myself seem to.

Wow Ecko your the Bomb!!! that jacket looks awesome, I hate youuu:pfft: hahahaha just kidding :lol. By the way I saw your videos on youtube their great Bro, keep up the good work. :clap

:yess::goodpost:

:horror:(

:yess::1-1:

Thanks man :hi5:

As impressive as the stock figure is on it's own these customs really add the "wow" factor. Great job guys!!! :clap

That's the most the arms bend on the stock body? :lol Hot Toys is ****ing retarded.

Where is everyone getting these pants btw.

All I'm saying is that the mask just seems too flawed to be practical, at least for me. Anyways, I think I've upset some people here with my opinions about the movie(which I should have guessed in a DKR thread :p) and strayed far off topic, so I'll just back off and let everyone go back to talking about the figure. And for what it's worth, I really don't dislike the movie as much as I'm making myself seem to.

Dude, it's natural to stray off topic in a movie figure thread. It happens. The conversation at one point or another will stray off on to topics of the movie. It has nothing to do with you derailing the thread, it's your opinion. If you praised the hell out of Bane and TDKR no one would have said a word.

Which coat is this?
Looks like a viable alternative to the TrialMaster coat.

It's a regular
paratrooper jacket, I took the patches off and dyed the jacket dark brown, well actually I made a mistake and dyed it black first:slap, but mr Ecko pointed out that the jacket in the movie was dark brown so I dye it dark brown after taking as much of the black dye as possible, by the way I only payed 10.00 for the jacket and 3.00 for the dye so go to work on it Bro. :wave

Last edited:

Got on the waitlist about 5 days ago. Has anyone had their waitlist convert???

That's the most the arms bend on the stock body? :lol Hot Toys is ****ing retarded.

The bare arms on the stock body are pretty massive therefore restricting the forearms quite a bit.

Add the long, Charles Bronson-esque leathery jacket and, well...:lol

It's a regular
paratrooper jacket, I took the patches off and dyed the jacket dark brown, well actually I made a mistake and dyed it black first:slap, but mr Ecko pointed out that the jacket in the movie was dark brown so I dye it dark brown after taking as much of the black dye as possible, by the way I only payed 10.00 for the jacket and 3.00 for the dye so go to work on it Bro. :wave

Hook a brotha up with a link to it! :)

The bare arms on the stock body are pretty massive therefore restricting the forearms quite a bit.

Add the long, Charles Bronson-esque leathery jacket and, well...:lol

Still haven't decided if I'll do the arm switch. I don't have any extra bodies that have arms that would look right and I sure as hell ain't laying down another $60 for one to rake apart. If I can find something on the cheap or another option. Plus I bet the stock arms are sculpted right? I like sculpted arms. This will be my one and only Bane so I'll be switching the look up here and there so I don't want **** arms on him either.

Yes sculpted arms.

And the pants I used in my pic are DID

You're welcome buddy , the brown looks so much better.

Did you see my TrialMaster painted up?

I finally finished my Boss Version Bane

I just finished the brown (raw umber) dry brushing on th TrialMaster Coat .

It's showing way more brown in the photos ,trust me it looks way different in person .

there is black showing through

banethebossversion10000m.jpg

banethebossversion10001.jpg

Ecko - that looks great. Had to quote these pics to the next page. Great Bane collection. :panic:

Thanks brother. Check out my custom Bane thread. Lots of stuff in there from everyone

Yep very cool Bane Ecko :clap: nice custom work sir.

Just accepted BBTS butt raping on this figure and ordered. $238 shipped:cuckoo:

Back