Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Have one for sale if anyone is interested...

Well, Bane arrived moments ago. I pulled the figure out the box and :gah: there is a chipped paint area on the vest. The straps can cover it up if you look straight ahead at the figure, but from the side it's a bit of an eyesore to me.

46B546DD-B58C-4A70-8C36-C38ACC966A1D-15336-00000C1CEA077288_zps343fb0ab.jpg

That really dosent look like anything bad at all. Just ignore it or touch it up with a tiny bit of paint.

Well, Bane arrived moments ago. I pulled the figure out the box and :gah: there is a chipped paint area on the vest. The straps can cover it up if you look straight ahead at the figure, but from the side it's a bit of an eyesore to me.

46B546DD-B58C-4A70-8C36-C38ACC966A1D-15336-00000C1CEA077288_zps343fb0ab.jpg

That sucks. Little things like that annoy me as well. Are you planing to display him with out the jacket? Maybe that would maybe hide it.

I was going to use the jacket and this may not be a BIG ding, but when you spend $200 on a figure, you want it to be as close to perfect as possible, or at least I expect my figures that way. If SSC has a replacement vest to send me than I will be happy and if they can't I can live with the ding on it.

Just never hurts to ask for a replacement is the way I see it.

If your headsculpt is perfect then i wouldn't risk a replacement, maybe just touch it up with some paint or later down the road try and get another vest through a retailer or Ebay.

If your headsculpt has no white glue along the lines of the mask on the sculpt then i would think about keeping the figure because getting a whole new figure just increases the odds of having this even worse QC issue, i've noticed some people have this problem with the headsculpt on their figures.

i prefer the picture of Dent rather than the detonator.

Yeah that would of been nice too, but I got a printer and I intend to do that myself. Idk the detonator the leather jacket he wears at the stock exchange, a crash helmet for the same scene, the shotgun he uses. I know you get the very cool piece of Batmans cowl. But for what we are paying I think they should chuck a lot more in the box.
I sure hope HT dont trick us and make a Bane DX with all this stuff in. :thud:

Yeah that would of been nice too, but I got a printer and I intend to do that myself. Idk the detonator the leather jacket he wears at the stock exchange, a crash helmet for the same scene, the shotgun he uses. I know you get the very cool piece of Batmans cowl. But for what we are paying I think they should chuck a lot more in the box.
I sure hope HT dont trick us and make a Bane DX with all this stuff in. :thud:

I highly doubt we'll see a DX Bane, if only because I strangely put so much stock into the base we got with him that I feel like HT just did everything they wanted to do with the figure and gave him the DX-like base to fit in with the rest of the TDK/R stuff.

I highly doubt we'll see a DX Bane, if only because I strangely put so much stock into the base we got with him that I feel like HT just did everything they wanted to do with the figure and gave him the DX-like base to fit in with the rest of the TDK/R stuff.

I wish the gave catwoman a cool stand then :(

I do think catwoman's stand is really cool, but I agree it doesn't look like it will fit with the other two big clunky bases for bane and batman. I always wished hot toys would include a standard style base with their dx releases along with the dx base. Would be great to have the option.

I do think catwoman's stand is really cool, but I agree it doesn't look like it will fit with the other two big clunky bases for bane and batman. I always wished hot toys would include a standard style base with their dx releases along with the dx base. Would be great to have the option.

:exactly: :lecture :goodpost:

:slap So it turns out the vest ding I was worried about was just another victim of horrible glue by HT. I reglued the vest as began to futz this badboy.

This was the most time I've ever spent setting up one figure and broke out in a sweat trying to get the coat and gauntlet to cooperate :thud:

2A826379-58CD-447A-802E-7D914C84B7E2-15731-00000C728915F5FA_zpsc7a8fc1b.jpg

Last edited:
Back