Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Pre-orders cancelled for Bane and Joker, taken out with Modelzone who are cheaper and get them quicker than Forbidden Planet.

Let's see if I can get Bane quicker! :yess:

My only issue with it is it has 3 different plastic lids. WHY?!?!

i guess the older style had a window instead of a lid, so maybe that's the difference?

i find the shoe-box style much easier to deal with than the window style. i'd rather have an extra lid than have to fight with flaps and things.

i guess the older style had a window instead of a lid, so maybe that's the difference?

i find the shoe-box style much easier to deal with than the window style. i'd rather have an extra lid than have to fight with flaps and things.

I like the Shoebox style as well. Doesn't look as nice as the DX box, but at least it arrives in 1 piece. I've had 2 DX12's delivered now and both arrived with damaged boxes (ripped along the edges), with the second box being even worse than the first. Was ripped both on the outside along the edges of the flap, as well as the inside where the batman figure sits.

I know some people don't care because it's just a box, and that's true, I like to keep the whole package mint, including the box, for resale value. Whilst I don't plan to sell my figures, you never know what may happen in the future, and if I do end up selling I'll get a better price for it if I sell my figures complete including a mint box.

Sideshow had this guy listed as In Stock and ready to ship this morning when I ordered, but changed their statues to In Stock, Shipping in 1-2 weeks. I called them and they told me that only preorder sales and if you ordered yesterday it will go out today, but anything ordered on today will take 1-2 weeks :slap Just my luck :gah:

I ordered Wednesday morning and they still haven't charged my card.

Questions: if you could only choose one (yup..) which one would it be?

DX12

Bane

DX12

Bane

DX12. More stuff. Better re-sell value. And c'mon, it's Batman.

DX12

Bane

Have both, I would say DX12. Has a lot more stuff, and of course its worth a bit more. It will always sell for more than Bane ever will, in case I ever wanted to get rid of it, which I doubt. But who knows, they could make one thats even more epic someday.

i would've pick dx12,both figure looks awesome though,its always tough to choose one :lol

DX12

Bane

I chose Bane. Dunno, he just struck a chord with me as a villain. Plus his likeness is dead on compared to Bats. HT's never made a cowl satisfying enough for me.

I cant figure out why this whole boss thing caught on. Guys in the NFL have been doing this for decades, and many people before them. You cant really be a boss with a pose that was taken from thousands of people before you. A boss pose has to be something original imo.

Bane's dad too:

086302B3-D26B-4894-963E-DDB55951C31D-6695-0000084A28D5E16C_zps47cf786d.jpg

Lots of people will grab their open coat like that. It's not very uncommon. But Bane doing it all the time in the movie makes it memorable as his signature pose.

"Both" isn't really an option for me at this point, I'll go with the DX12 I think and hope a new Bane release is something that will happen in the not to distant future. Thanks guys.

Aaah damn, the like a boss pose just looked too cool.
Ordered a TTM20 for modding...
Aah, damn you addiction! ;D

Pre-orders cancelled for Bane and Joker, taken out with Modelzone who are cheaper and get them quicker than Forbidden Planet.

Let's see if I can get Bane quicker! :yess:

I thought the same thing, i was looking for somewhere that had an in stock bane figure for pre order that arrived before May. I found modelzone did so i decided to email them first asking when they were expected in. This was the reply i received:

"Thank you for your E mail
The Pre-Order date for this item advised by our suppliers is around the first week in May. There is still availability if you wish to place a request for this item AASS901914.
Regards
Modelzone team"

Btw, someone said Bane's trailmaster jacket looked kinda brown. Well, I think it is.

BAb1VYWCQAAzdQH.jpg:large

Also, lol the women with the tissues.

Incase anyone was wondering about Bane on the DX12 base :wave

hottoysbane003.jpg

hottoysbane004.jpg

hottoysbane005.jpg

Btw, someone said Bane's trailmaster jacket looked kinda brown. Well, I think it is.

BAb1VYWCQAAzdQH.jpg:large

Also, lol the women with the tissues.

Could you imagine having that job?
Job description: Drying Tom Hardy's neck
Requirements: Experience drying necks

:dunno

Some of your best photography right there Mike....I'm such an Ecko whore!...:rotfl:rotfl

Back