Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Bane was more in his (awesome) jacket then the coat in the movie, he always wore the Kevlar vest under it as well as in the stock exchange scene.
So yeah, I want that jacket. And if there won't be a new version then I simply won't get Bane, simple as that. Also, the black shirt is for the most part in the film under the kevlar vest with Bane which the figure has gotten wrong as well because the black shirt is simply NOT THERE.

tumblr_m5mldcyWSO1rosuywo1_500.jpg

Are people seriously hung up about having a second outfit for Bane. No reason to release another figure to get that boring courier outfit. And the plane escape? A black tee shirt? These seem like easy bashes and for those collectors who must have every chacter and all versions of said characters in the trilogy. I don't see Stock Exchange Heist Courier Bane being a big seller.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:exactly: the stock exchange outfit is too tight and frankly boring + the helmet looks completely out of place with the jacket there.

i reckon HT might make another Bane figure, a DX with more outfits like the black jacket, normal coat, shirt + more accessories like the detonator, maybe JG's speech + Dent's poster.

Or they will have all of what I mentioned above but in a
1/4 Bane rather than one more 1/6 figure

Does someone know where we can buy Black Long Sleeve Shirt for muscular body ?

I would like to make this version of bane at the beginning of the movie.
Bane.jpg

HT could still possibly include the 2nd jacket with this figure. I remember when the HT Battlesuit Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil 5 line was first shown, she didn't have a certain cloak or mask that she wore quite a bit in the game and many collectors (including myself) were kinda miffed about it and eventually it was included before the final figure was released.

Bane was more in his (awesome) jacket then the coat in the movie, he always wore the Kevlar vest under it as well as in the stock exchange scene.
So yeah, I want that jacket. And if there won't be a new version then I simply won't get Bane, simple as that. Also, the black shirt is for the most part in the film under the kevlar vest with Bane which the figure has gotten wrong as well because the black shirt is simply NOT THERE.

HT have included the black top though? :dunno

HT have included the black top though? :dunno

No they're including the dark brown sweater he wore in the final battle and for the most part under his vest but not the black long sleeve shirt he wore in the opening scene

Oh I see. But that opening scene top is not the one he is wearing in the pic above.

Which is why I thought the one above was the ending scenes one.

Oh I see. But that opening scene top is not the one he is wearing in the pic above.

Which is why I thought the one above was the ending scenes one.

Yea the one in the pic above is the same one from the end scene. He only wears the black one in the opening scene. Saw the movie for the 5th time this weekend. I don't remember seeing any black one besides in the opening scene

Really bummed on how ugly that under sweatshirt looks. I was really hoping it would look good because that's how I was planning on displaying him.

Yeah, same here :(

Yea the one in the pic above is the same one from the end scene. He only wears the black one in the opening scene. Saw the movie for the 5th time this weekend. I don't remember seeing any black one besides in the opening scene

Yeah I think the prologue long sleeve T only appears in that scene

208912_10150938809207344_903477875_n.jpg

When you are re-released, and this version is ashes...
then you have my permision to ROCK :rock

4970015_700b.jpg

Btw Lindy Hemming confirmed the jacket in a recent interview

GQ: What about the piece that Bane's wearing in the movie posters? We think it looks like a Belstaff Roadmaster jacket—a piece that's going to be really big this fall. How close are we?
Lindy Hemming: They made it [laughs]. It wasn't an identical jacket, but we took a whole load of details and asked them if they would make it. The jacket we originally liked, I think, was a waxed jacket by Barbour, but it was too thin and we only had one. So for the Belstaff jacket, we painted [the hardware], because we didn't want to have any metal studs showing. We're happy it still looked like their jacket, because it seemed like Bane could easily own it.

GQ: What about Bane makes you think he'd own a Belstaff-like jacket?
Lindy Hemming: If you've ever seen European mercenaries, they're all like that—they have a waxed cotton or old combat jacket that's become oily and greasy. Imagine it's not a Belstaff jacket, but a green combat jacket covered in oil and worn in jeeps and tanks. Belstaff jackets have the right kind of stitching and that strength, so it seemed obvious to get them to do it for us.

Read More https://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv...ackets-alfreds-old-man-arm.html#ixzz22uqFwLW6

The jacket is an easy custom.

Easy custom to make a passeable version.

Much tougher custom to make one on par with what HT should have included.

Thought you guys might be interested in this:

https://batman-news.com/2012/08/07/the-dark-knight-rises-deleted-scenes-and-concept-art-explain-banes-backstory/

Apparently, there was quite a bit of deleted footage, including substantial info on Bane's backstory.

Yea I read that earlier today. At first I thought "well maybe Nolan will release and uncut version of the film on home video" then I remembered that I had read somewhere when Nolan was asked about Director's Cuts that what you see in the theatre is his cut of the film. So hopefully it will at least be in the special features

Why do you care? :dunno

Just because the movie sucked doesn't mean Bane's design did. I thought his design was excellent; much preferable to the erotic Bane from the comics.

Back