Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still hoping for a HT Quorra fig, but I think the chances are getting very slim. Too bad actually. I'm guessing the (light-up) suits might be harder to make than they thought or something :dunno

I hope they find a way to make these, I wouldn't even mind if they just made them with reflectors or something.

Pre-ordered this one, can't wait even if the figure is not poseable, the light cycle looks so awesome and the light feature. Hot Toys, Bring on CLU!!!! :pray:

People we swearing up and down that HT was coming out with a standard Clu and Sam but if we don't see anything this month with the DVD release I would say those bets are off.

I would never believe that they will throw this license so soon. Sam, Quorra and CLU for sure.
It's only a matter of time because they are clogged with a big number of projects now.

People we swearing up and down that HT was coming out with a standard Clu and Sam but if we don't see anything this month with the DVD release I would say those bets are off.

We would have though they would have released the Avatar figures by now too. These are a bit complicated as well so I wouldn't doubt that they'll do something.

Also--just to point out, Hot Toys rarely announces new figures whenever there's a new event for a license, so why do people keep expecting them to do that?

The difference is that Avatar was a blockbuster success and they are making the Na'vi true 1/6 scale which means new specialized 20" bodies. They will have no problem selling a Jake or Neytiri but the further away from Avatar, the less they'll focus on Avatar secondary characters.

The reason why people assume with "events" is because it is when the hype is the highest which would help sales. Tron: Legacy was not a hit and it divided even fans of the original. So it doesn't have the same legs as an Avatar or a Batman license.

It IS possible that they'll do more as time goes forward but are Kevin and Sam both selling out? Are they still easily orderable? That doesn't really bode well for the furthering of the license. Look at the number of licenses they've dropped after one or two.

I was thinking it might go either way at this point. Kevin Flynn is sold out over at sideshow's site and a lot of ht figures don't sell out until they get released. While the film wasn't the success it was anticpated to be it wasnt a stinker. It seems the animated series is still a go and a tron 3 is still possible. On the hand i'd feel a lot better if something was announced by now.

going to get this im sure, and after watching the movie all day long tomorrow there is no way i couldnt.

ht, give me a quorra!

I pre-ordered a while ago but the DVD makes me anticipate the Cycle even more. I would really like Hot Toys to put forward Quorra but the chances seem pretty slim.

I hope Sam with Cycle does well enough for HOT TOYS to make Clu with his Cycle; they can recycle alot of parts to make it easier and cheaper to produce. Besides, I would much rather have a younger portrait of Jeff Bridges than the older one planned.

The cycle is so freakin' cool, but... so much money just to have this thing shipped to Oz. Looking forward to seeing in-hand pics, I just hope they don't make it look so awesome I just have to have it :)

you think those EL wires will be bright enough for the cycle? I got some to toy around with and they seem very dim :(

Actually I ment to say. Since HT seem to have very limited light up effects on this bike and figure adding more using EL wire would be great but are they even bright enough? I picked up some cheap ones and they are hardly visible in daylight. But seeing how cheap the EL parts are from this other website for supposedly super bright EL Cables I probably order some from there to toy with as well :p.

:borg:

From what I can tell, they have the correct lighting no the figure already. EL wire isn't going to make it any better and I'm not sure you could even modify it that way.

Damn, i saw Tron last night and loved it, now i gotta drop 300 on this :horror

they better make Quorra!!

Back