Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm somewhat relieved that this is delayed. Now I don't have to worry about this and Indy releasing at the same time. But on the other hand March of 2012 is gonna be a financial nightmare for me.

:exactly:

Keaton Bats and Nic Joker=$500
lightcycle=$300

It will be the most I ever spent at one time :slap

I've only got three HT preorders right now and all three are paid for. I'm getting Iron Man Mark V, Cap and the lightcycle. It's just a waiting game now. I figure if they need another few months I'd rather wait and get something that lasts instead of something with scary oil leaks. The only two HT figures I want to order is Luke and Iron Monger. and I haven't clue when or how much those or going to be.

so I gotta ask, whats the hold up with this figure? If he doesn't move then shouldnt he be easy to get off the line? or did they decide to give us a figure that does move?

I've just noticed that prices are going up at E-bay. I hate this. It is just a preorder... If you want this, get one soon. :slap

Nobody should be pre-ordering this on Ebay anyways, or pre-ordering anything there for that matter.

Nobody should be pre-ordering this on Ebay anyways, or pre-ordering anything there for that matter.

Why?
There are quite a few very reputable dealers on there. If you live outsid the US it's a good way to get figures very early and at reasonable prices.
I have gotten 95% of my Hot Toys from eBay dealers with no problems, just use reputable dealers and you will be fine.
:dunno

Yep, exactly. Lots of people have had success but there's really no protection when you get screwed over since you're outside of Ebay guidelines (30 days is the max any seller is supposed to allow preorders) as is.

It would be really fun to get some behind the scenes info on the creation of this piece. Especially, with the delays to see what decisions were made about it.

You're still not protected if anything should go wrong.

Yep, exactly. Lots of people have had success but there's really no protection when you get screwed over since you're outside of Ebay guidelines (30 days is the max any seller is supposed to allow preorders) as is.

Some dealers on ebay have years of experience and 100% feedback (10's of thousands of transactions), there is just as much risk of a physical toy store or dealer going down as one of these guys. What protection would you have if Toys2 or a similar store went bust?

Pre-ordering is pre-ordering. If you are paying upfront there is always a risk, unless you are buying from a huge dealer like SS. Infact I would say I have had more problems ordering online from actual stores than ebay certified dealers. The reason? the dealers on ebay rely on 100% feedback. If they don't get it, they will lose business, the smaller online stores don't have that hanging over them. They are much more likely to screw you over.
But remember I'm talking about 100% certified ebay dealer/stores here, I would never purchase anything let alone a pre-order from someone who wasn't 100%.
:dunno

Last edited:
Some dealers on ebay have years of experience and 100% feedback (10's of thousands of transactions), there is just as much risk of a physical toy store or dealer going down as one of these guys. What protection would you have if Toys2 or a similar store went bust?

Pre-ordering is pre-ordering. If you are paying upfront there is always a risk, unless you are buying from a huge dealer like SS.

It's not worrying about the company going out of business before you get your order, it's either not receiving something or having it arrive damaged. Or not receiving it at all. Since it goes beyond the 30 day paypal protection if something were to go wrong then they would have no obligation to help you. A lot of these are even beyond the 90-day period with credit cards.
And another thing is that with many things you don't have to put any money upfront for a preorder, but with ebay sales you sometimes have to pay in full.

It's not worrying about the company going out of business before you get your order, it's either not receiving something or having it arrive damaged. Or not receiving it at all. Since it goes beyond the 30 day paypal protection if something were to go wrong then they would have no obligation to help you. A lot of these are even beyond the 90-day period with credit cards.
And another thing is that with many things you don't have to put any money upfront for a preorder, but with ebay sales you sometimes have to pay in full.

Some ebay sellers want full payment, some online stores want full payment, no difference there.

Regardless, you can still leave bad feedback. It's all about 100% feedback with these guys. Have a look at Loontentoys or Golden Warrior Toy Shop (who is also an Official Enterbay dealer in Beijing). There is little or no risk in dealing with these guys. As I mentioned (ad nauseum) I have had more problems with Toys2 than these large ebay dealers. These are large ebay Stores who do a LOT of business, way more than many of the other traditional stores. It's just about being smart, the same as you would with ANY store.

Besides,
most online stores don't charge you until your items is ready to ship...
I know there's plenty of reputable Ebay sellers but I'd never risk to pre-order anything from them...

...to make the waiting time :impatient: a little bit easier, here some pics of another base concept (pics shows 1/8 prototype) for a light cycle :

grid2012b1280x721.jpg

grid2012c1280x721.jpg

grid2012a1280x721.jpg

grid2012d1280x721.jpg

:monkey1

Last edited:
Besides,
most online stores don't charge you until your items is ready to ship...
I know there's plenty of reputable Ebay sellers but I'd never risk to pre-order anything from them...

I have never had a single problem.
Hopefully I will not live to regret that statement!
:lol

Back