Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait there is some sort of risk with moving the eyes? What's known to happen?

PERS was notorious for being a bit fragile, if you jiggled the control stick around too much then you were likely to get googly eyes. One of my DX04 Bruce Lee heads has googly eyes. Best advice is get the eyes in a position you like, then leave PERS the hell alone. This is why HT dropped PERS.

PERS was notorious for being a bit fragile, if you jiggled the control stick around too much then you were likely to get googly eyes. One of my DX04 Bruce Lee heads has googly eyes. Best advice is get the eyes in a position you like, then leave PERS the hell alone. This is why HT dropped PERS.

Oh right, didn't realise this was a thing. Is there no easy way to re-align them? I don't use PERS often but it'd suck to feel like I'm playing the lottery every time

Oh right, didn't realise this was a thing. Is there no easy way to re-align them? I don't use PERS often but it'd suck to feel like I'm playing the lottery every time

I think you would have to open up the compartment of the PERS system and manually realign the eyes, seems like a pain in the @ss sort of thing to do, so I have never done it. Most of my figs with PERS are fine though, so its a bit hit and miss if your PERS goes wrong.

The PERS on mine feels a bit stiff in most directions so I don't risk it. Well, a hairdyer treatment might help but I'm not that arsed. I am glad it had movable eyes though, that way I was able to choose an eye direction that I felt best suited the likeness and character. It helps that the Joker being a make-up wearer alleviates the issues with PERS that spoil other figures like DX10 and even DX13.

Did anyone ever make a hat with a wider brim by the way. It's one thing I've never liked, his Queen Elizabeth hat.

I actually moved the eyes today and its ok. phhhheeewww Just moving figure around for reposing. Hot Toys have some nice jokers.

37101886696_8962c8c882_b.jpg

Thank frigging Gawd. Return's Batman was a lot of fun to play with eye positions since all that unnecessary crap is gone.

Even after the new POTC5 Jack Sparrow, didn't Howard say they had/have plans for more DX figures?

And yeah, the individual eye movement is miles better. I hate hearing the PERS creaking whenever I mess with my DX figures.

I'm watching Batman 89 right now, and something just occurred to me. I'm sure it's probably been discussed at some point, but why didn't this guy come with Jack's Joker card from his "lucky deck"? I'm not talking about the tiny one with the figure. I mean an actual card. Would have been a cool little prop to have like the cards that came with a couple of the Ledger Joker figures. Anybody ever come across one, or someone who makes them?

Finally got this figure in. Super impressed with him, for an older figure it holds its own against any of the more recent releases. I have a question regarding the legs. Mine seems to have cardboard under the trousers, is that meant to be there to fill them out or should I remove it?

Also the pers feels really stiff, I'm petrified to movie it in case it breaks. :lol

You can pull the cardboard out of the pant legs. They're only there so the pants don't get wrinkled or caught in the shoe when it's laying in the box stored away.

You can pull the cardboard out of the pant legs. They're only there so the pants don't get wrinkled or caught in the shoe when it's laying in the box stored away.

Thank you :) I will do that now.

He is such a fun figure to pose. I hope Hot Toys make him in 1/4 scale someday as well as a Keaton Batman.

I just picked this guy up myself on eBay. I love the figure. His joints are a tad loose. Kind of remind me of the Civil War Captain America I had but man does this guy have great shelf presence! I ordered the DX 08 and DX 11 in the same week. I think my 1/6 is complete now lol.

I just picked this guy up myself on eBay. I love the figure. His joints are a tad loose. Kind of remind me of the Civil War Captain America I had but man does this guy have great shelf presence! I ordered the DX 08 and DX 11 in the same week. I think my 1/6 is complete now lol.

I've had him about a week now, can't stop looking at him :lol so many cool ways to pose him. How does he compare to the DX11? I've never had that figure in hand sadly. 1/4 DK Joker will be my first Ledger.

I've had him about a week now, can't stop looking at him [emoji38] so many cool ways to pose him. How does he compare to the DX11? I've never had that figure in hand sadly. 1/4 DK Joker will be my first Ledger.
My DX11 is out for delivery today! These are two figures I thought I'd never get, especially the DX11.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I've had him about a week now, can't stop looking at him :lol so many cool ways to pose him. How does he compare to the DX11? I've never had that figure in hand sadly. 1/4 DK Joker will be my first Ledger.

These 2 are totally different Jokers: Ledger Vs Jack. When we pose Ledger Joker, it is more giving chill sensation especially if change the head to some customs (not common recast one), a dark criminal with makeup. While Jack is looks like a colorful psyco and fun bad guy to join with. Lol....
I have 2 DX 8 and some DX11..when comes to joker, I never had enough of them. Cant wait 1/4 HT Joker too while my 1/4 EB and 1/4 MOMTOYS are rocking the shelf with its Creg head and root repainted EB head by Jay Deogracias.

Man. I really regret not buying this for retail all those years ago. I have Batman and the Batmobile....why the hell didn't I just get Jack too?

Crap. Always better to buy something and regret than to regret not buying something 7 years later.

Always better to buy something and regret than to regret not buying something 7 years later.
That was my policy back when I was still able to afford figures I wanted to collect.
I'm a happy camper with both Bat and Jack. Don't think I'll ever sell them, they're so nice and I love the movie too much. :lol

That was my policy back when I was still able to afford figures I wanted to collect.
I'm a happy camper with both Bat and Jack. Don't think I'll ever sell them, they're so nice and I love the movie too much. :lol

HT's finest work next to BD Murphy.

I actually had these in my cart, and considered buying many times because the figures look so great, and are iconic in their way. Nicholson was a terrific Joker, and I love Michael Keaton, as well as Burton's earlier films. But somehow, when you mix those things together they just don't do much for me personally. Even as a kid when the movie came out. So, I never pulled the trigger. I feel a tinge of regret sometimes when I see the great pics of these guys out there, but they aren't worth $500 or so to me.

Back