Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm new to HT but what are the chances of a new or reissue 89 Joker? Just curious, I want one but I'm not sure what the reissue frequency is like with HT.

You can still get it pretty close to retail price in some places. There's little to no chance of a 2.0, and this figure isn't likely to be bested anyway.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see a 2.0 and this is fine as it is. It's WAY better than most modern HT figures.

Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

For anyone looking for this, I would keep an eye on the Mandarake Japan website. I got mine earlier this year for $220 shipped, though I think the shipping has gone up a bit since then, and one annoyance is that it is difficult to predict how much shipping will be when you make an order.

It arrived practically brand new.

There's an interesting documentary on Netflix called "Sneakerheads" or something like that where they interview a guy who runs a second-hand, fancy sneaker shop in Japan. He talks about how when people come to him to sell their old shoes, they are almost always in brand new, mint condition because of how well Japanese people take care of their stuff. My guess is that most of the 1/6 figures they sell on Mandarake are in practically new condition as well.

Also, I've noticed they only show pictures of the actual figure getting sold if there is any flaw or something broken, then they show a picture of that specific part. I still check there pretty regularly and don't see those too often.

Oh, and try searching "hottoys" all one word. More results for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

I'd love to customize a second one out of the one I have, so one is wearing the shut coat (Gotham 200th Anniversary Parade). For that all I'd need would be a head, his plaid pants, his shoes, shirt, scarf tie and his flower. A few years ago this would have been easier. Anybody know of alternative ways to complete the look that might be cheaper?

I just bought one of these used in perfect condition for $275 shipped from a fellow SSFreak. I absolutely love it.

Re: Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

I'd love to customize a second one out of the one I have, so one is wearing the shut coat (Gotham 200th Anniversary Parade). For that all I'd need would be a head, his plaid pants, his shoes, shirt, scarf tie and his flower. A few years ago this would have been easier. Anybody know of alternative ways to complete the look that might be cheaper?

Does anybody know where I can find those pieces? I'd be fine with bootlegs, as long as the are close in quality.

IMGP3731r.jpg

Ha! How did you apply his hand-writing? I actually have a print of the Hockney painting and now even have the matching frame to boot. Somewhat unsure whether to paint on translucent foil or the actual print.

Back