Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot damn, those pics look great! I gotta pick this one up (hopefully no problems this time around :lol).

Thanks! Such a bummer about the DX09,man. Such a epic figure and you ended up with a dud.:( This is my favorite figure and the funnest to pose/play with. I have a good feeling Tyrion is going to be likewise for me. The only thing that was a wide complaint from this one as far as QC goes is it has loose ankles.

Thanks! Such a bummer about the DX09,man. Such a epic figure and you ended up with a dud.:( This is my favorite figure and the funnest to pose/play with. I have a good feeling Tyrion is going to be likewise for me. The only thing that was a wide complaint from this one as far as QC goes is it has loose ankles.

Etsy has some replacement ankles that are suppose to fix a lot of the looseness issues. I just ordered a couple pairs - will let you know how they come out.

Really? Ill keep a look out. I never liked the barbell ankle design anyway. I think the new one for the DX11 and DX07 are far superior, stronger and sturdier. Its funny, cuz others hate it and were in an uproar over it. I haven't bought an HONEST t figure in a while so I dont know if they stuck with it or were only using it for those figures.

it's funny - I was just speaking to my cousin and he was complaining about the looseness of his DX08's ankles - The ones I am speaking of are still a variation of the barbell:

1:6 scale Hot Toys Foot Peg Improved by delusional on Shapeways

Really? Ill keep a look out. I never liked the barbell ankle design anyway. I think the new one for the DX11 and DX07 are far superior, stronger and sturdier. Its funny, cuz others hate it and were in an uproar over it. I haven't bought an HONEST t figure in a while so I dont know if they stuck with it or were only using it for those figures.

Hello boys and gals. Miss me?

66714d596bb0ca36bad43d85971fe663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's one thing that always puzzled me, when it comes to this figure: with all the elaborate dioramas I've seen on these boards, how has no one attempted the cake float? It seems massive, granted, but there are some freaks with tons of space on here. I'd love to see it done really well, just once.

There's one thing that always puzzled me, when it comes to this figure: with all the elaborate dioramas I've seen on these boards, how has no one attempted the cake float? It seems massive, granted, but there are some freaks with tons of space on here. I'd love to see it done really well, just once.

Wife and kids!! :dunno

Sorry to jump in but you read my mind. Ive been wanting to do it ever since I purchased it a several months back (first figure for me) But I always hesitated because I wanted to have him and batman together, so a float and a batwing proved to be a bit much for me, lol so unfortunately he has been on the back burner:( But I just scored a loose indiana figure and finished his dio along with Robo and Ahhnuld and I figured like most not to use the bottom section of the Detolf but as I felt bad for putting him away I remembered the other solo scene I wanted to do is the death scene so fits perfect on the bottom and was easy to make and I had the material so I said "YOLO". So far the easiest, cheapest to make, and to me draws me in all the time. Its missing a few loose rocks and gargoyle fragments and the tiles arent supposed to be perfect but just rushed thru it so when I have people come over for superbowl they see a complete detolf.
On a side note if anyone knows of any paint or dye that I can use for blood around the mouth without permanently staining please let me know.

2015-01-29 00.13.53.jpg

2015-01-29 00.31.47.jpg

That's a really awesome dio, and I agree that it'd look awesome with the blood on the side of his face. As for the whole thing about Batman and Joker, that's actually one of the reasons I'm surprised no one's done a float, yet; mainly because of the Batmobile. I always thought that, when people had that and Batman together, Joker kind of played second fiddle, and the float would be the perfect way to showcase Jack, while the car showcased the yin to his yang, if you will.

Back