Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny-pictures-kitten-is-sort-of-fierce.jpg

Mine turned up about an hour ago and he totally blew me away :thud:

Out of the box I'll be honest I dont think Batman initially lived up to the hype although up till now he has been my favourite figure in my collection Joker though instantly lived up the buzz!!

First impressions;

1- The first thing I did was change the hands, initially the hand pegs are covered by what I presume is the body suit and thus gives the wrist the same white colour as what the rest of his skin is supposed to be, unfortunately when I was removing one of the hands the peg came out with it and what I've learnt is that once those hand pegs are out there's no chance of covering them back up so in certain poses you can see the peg which obviously stands out like a sore thumb. It's no big problem as it just requires a little extra futzing but thought I'd mention it (shame Hot Toys didn't provide white coloured hand pegs)

2- Under the waist coat there's some little brown straps, no idea what they're connected to but one side was a little lose so had to sod about pushing it back under the waist coat so it wasn't visible. Again nothing major but just something else I noticed out of the box.

3- The tie, if like me one of the first things you want to do is put the long coat on make sure you sort the tie out into the position you want before you get the long coat on and buttoned up. Once again nothing major but took me 5 minutes tucking it out of sight once I finally managed to get the long coat on and then buttoned up.

All in all though this will without doubt be figure of the year for me, I just cant see anything that's been announced so far being better than it. :)

Thanks for the review. Your figure looks great.

However, I suspect (and hope) that the part in bold is wrong...

I wish I had more time...
hat.jpg

Custom hat??? :panic:

I fail :(

Thanks fella's amazingly Joker stands perfect now :lol

Bit stupid HT package the stands that way though :dunno

It's to save space. I was confused by it too when I first saw the DX01. :peace

Thanks for the review. Your figure looks great.

However, I suspect (and hope) that the part in bold is wrong...

I'm sure if you take some time you can cover it back up but I was in a rush to get him posed yesterday, out of the box though there's only a hole small enough for the very tip of the peg to poke through which while is what you would want it's a pain if like me the whole peg comes out :slap

EDIT: Just done it :yess:

Last edited:
I talked to sideshow yesterday said 17th for joker so hoping be here by 4 -20 -12.....also above pic wants me to buy a mini rc helicopter to hurry up and pick up the joker......

I talked to sideshow yesterday said 17th for joker so hoping be here by 4 -20 -12.....also above pic wants me to buy a mini rc helicopter to hurry up and pick up the joker......

So where is the email notice? there's always been a 23 - 25 day email notice.

I talked to them on phone ..didnt get a email notice until day a so before my bats shipped..so wouldnt worry he's on the way.......

No. You're not following. Sideshow always sends out 3 emails. Way in advance before the due date, 2nd make sure about funds, 3rd when they start processing.

Back