Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First in hand review of this i have seen....... if you got 20 mins of your life you dont want back,enjoy! [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oOFSWIERGk[/ame]

Is this really a review... or just a guy recording the moment he got his figure?

I mean, 20 minutes? I skipped thru it. Couldn't find anything resembling a "review". Just a lot of dead air and hemming and hawing. There's probably an 'opinion' buried there somewhere.

Looks pretty good to me.

jokerjak.jpg

jokerjackht.jpg

Really surprised to see folks not being impressed by the likeness. I admit that I am a Hot Toys newbie... But this is easily the best 1/6th scale likeness I have ever seen in person.

I just don't see how you can look at this and not see Jack...

47f31b09.jpg

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though... :)

Sallah

The figure should have 2 heads, one for the hat and one without......

Agreed...but if I hear this one more time I'm going to shoot myself

Besides I'm over it and I didn't think it was that bad to begin with. It's the ____ing hat that has me scratching my head.

haters gunna hate. I think its fantastic.:clap

I've come to the realization that its impossible to make the perfect figure let alone satisfy each individual collectors wants and needs. this may not be perfect but its pretty dead on. And I'm cool with that.

And I think the main picture people are using as the focus to critique is taken at bad angle, my dad doesn't look like my dad when I look up his nose either.:slap

I guess I feel like criticisms after the fact are just, well, pointless seeing there's nothing that can be done now that the figure is finished and is now being mass produced, packaged and shipped out.

I'm more than happy with how it looks in pics so I'm sure I'll be astatic when he's in my hands and thats all that matters to me.

That's the end of my rant
:lecture

but continue the criticisms they are amusing...sometimes

:peace

HHH

:goodpost: Well said.

So I've been looking over the last few pages and all I can find is info about the split shipment...when is this guy arriving through sideshow for the first orders? I thought he was supposed to arrive in March...

So I've been looking over the last few pages and all I can find is info about the split shipment...when is this guy arriving through sideshow for the first orders? I thought he was supposed to arrive in March...

I thought I saw it that it was moved to April. So I probably won't get mine until Dec of 2013

Well at least my Bats won't have to wait long to kick some a** since they should be arriving closer together than I had expected thanks to my April 2nd charge date for Batman.

Just received my Joker. It's absolutely wonderful, the likeness is better in hand and the quality control is spot on. No paint rubs or too dark application under the eyes throwing the likeness off. Even the hat doesn't look bad in person

The main problem with the sculpt (aside from the hair) is it's still too skinny. Kind of throws it off a bit.

As seen from OMG's pics, though, at certain angles it's dead-on.

The figure is VERY nice,
I just don´t see much of Nicholson in it.
He is too young compared to the real Jack,
if you can´t see it it´s not your fault, it´s just that european standard of aesthetics it higher than in the rest of the world.

Not all eyes (I should say brains) perceive the things in the same manner.

Last edited:
I think it is a fantastic attempt at capturing Nicholson's Joker - doesn't look too young at all! I dislike the hair - way too flat. I love 89 Batman and I have the HT Batman figure but this just doesn't appeal to me at all. I still think it looks bloody good but I never really liked Nicholson's version of the character.

You're giving your name a huge disservice by not buying both, Jokes & Bats.

Nice pic PJW! If you can get rid of that crease in the pants I think he'd look a lot better. I love the pose and even the stands don't look as bad when they're side by side like that.

I noticed it looks like the brim of the hat is almost turned downward which may be one of the reasons the hat looks bad. I wonder if it can be adjusted at all.

Guess I'll find out soon enough since mine is at the post office right now. :rock

I must say that although it was never an option for me to just one and not the other that I don't find it all that weird to just have Batman 89 on your shelf. It's the people that are just buying Joker that get me.

I didn't have it on order thru SS so I got one from ebay last week. Glad I did now that there's another split shipment thing going on.

As far as getting just Bats or Joker and not both I can understand. I thought about doing that with the TDK Joker myself.

Back