Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am at the same point, viper

i need to get to an ending point of my collection and this might be it

So, you actually saying this will make it happen. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1.21 JIGAWATTS!

I apologize I don't have the same tastes as you do.

@MikeDanger I think alot of us are going to be getting to that point soon if we aren't already there. An end point must be established or else there won't be an end and with such a bleak immediate economic future hovering over not only our country but the whole world, people will have to start spending money on other things.

It's 2011 people! not 1902 or 1955 and things don't cost a nickel to ride the bus !!! wake up be happy 2012 is gonna be bad ass starting the year with a a smile with a awesome figure ! ALL you people _____in about the price ,are giving me bad head movies and making my eyes rain .... love that joker, just order be happy : )

is that a sign of the hobby being killed??

I think this depends on how HT is changing their production. If they increase their edition size past the level of demand (preorders), they could run into the problem of having too much dollars tied up in inventory which could affect their ability to acquire new licenses or invest in new sculpters, or tools/technology to improve their product.

Recently it seems that there is a bubble in forming in the 1/6th scale HT market, due to the entrance of speculators looking to make a profit on "flipping" figures. Unfortunately this is putting pressure on true collectors, as prices are rising on both the retail and after market. Like someone mentioned earlier, HT can see the aftermarket prices that their figures fetch and the recent inflation in these prices is largely due to them squeezing more money out at the retail level. A bust could happen if the prices at retail price-out true collectors and only speculators are left. With no buyers for the product and large dollars tied-up in inventories it could cause financial hardship for HT and the speculators also.

is that a sign of the hobby being killed??

Being killed, I don't know. But I know that myself and a lot of other people I know, won't continue with HT at these prices when you're getting in the PF and statue price territory (1/4 scale), when there's not even an ES associated to these. Does it really make it all that exclusive and collectible to have these ? In some ways yes, and in many ways no IMO. At least SSC PFs and statues have a specific amount made and you know that it won't go over that. That makes it more collectible for me. I for one like to know my collection is worth something if I pay this much money.

It's a sign that they want to get what ebay sellers are getting.

Yes, it's part of it I'd say.

YES. Truth be told. No worries getting these, or Sparrow, or Superman, or Bale Bats, or America, or Indy.... there will be plenty until the day they ship, then what's made is made.

Until the 2.0 :wink1:

If the price is too high, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet. You do that, maybe HT'll learn. Unfortunately, you _____ and buy, prepare to _____ some more because prices will only go up. :huh

:goodpost: Can't beleive I just said that :lol

I'm at a tipping point with my HT collection after seeing the price point of this Joker figure. I've never paid beyond retail for any of Hot Toys previous releases (most expensive was the Michael Jackson Bad DX @ $200).

While HT has gotten better over the years, I think they are starting to get a little too greedy since they know they can control the market. The hobby is starting to wear me down and it's going to come to a point where I'm going to want to spend my extra money enjoying something else (other than spending $250+ on a figure that will get drowned out in an already sizeable pack of HT Figs).

Fact is, these are freaking 12" figures. Fantastic representations of 12" figures...but like myself, I know people will stop collecting these as prices are really getting over excessive...although they'll be a portion that keep buying these (no matter the price point).

Shouldn't the fake teeth have blood on them? I only remember seeing them in the church scene after he got decked and "spit" them out?

I guess its in line with just throwing things in there like the gas mask without a museum hs...$265 sounds about right.

I'm at a tipping point with my HT collection after seeing the price point of this Joker figure. I've never paid beyond retail for any of Hot Toys previous releases (most expensive was the Michael Jackson Bad DX @ $200).

While HT has gotten better over the years, I think they are starting to get a little too greedy since they know they can control the market. The hobby is starting to wear me down and it's going to come to a point where I'm going to want to spend my extra money enjoying something else (other than spending $250+ on a figure that will get drowned out in an already sizeable pack of HT Figs).

Fact is, these are freaking 12" figures. Fantastic representations of 12" figures...but like myself, I know people will stop collecting these as prices are really getting over excessive...although they'll be a portion that keep buying these (no matter the price point).

Well said!!! 12" figures- a couple or three and you are into serious money you can buy other expensive items with! No longer an "impulse" buy or extra cash in pocket buy!

I've been reading about people complaining about the price. I don't know for sure, but the license for the 89 BATMAN movie was probably not cheap, as are the likeness rights for Michael Keaton and especially Jack Nicholson.

The reason I think the Marvel Characters are cheaper is because when these actors sign up now, they sign that away off the bat. I have zero proof of this, but It's my guess.

The prices for them are in my mind fair for all the work that goes into them, from licensing to development.

also reason with the high price point because Hot Toys don't have any real competition.

If theres a company that will give them some real competition we will see prices dropping.

Shouldn't the fake teeth have blood on them? I only remember seeing them in the church scene after he got decked and "spit" them out?

I guess its in line with just throwing things in there like the gas mask without a museum hs...$265 sounds about right.

I think he used the Gas mask at the parade when he released his joker gas on the crowd

I need to buy this on Blueray, It's been to long since I last see this film & with these figures coming out, it's the perfect time.

Back